✩ 20. First Task ꘩

sfw (TW: CATCALLING, UNCOMFORTABLE PHYSICAL CONTACT, MENTIONS OF ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING)

༺♡༻

Since I didn't have a chance to go out with the family and lure in tourists yesterday, the minute I woke up I asked Drayton if I was able to today. He nodded and mumbled "bout time.."
I smiled, excited to do my part for the family. I knew it was insane. I knew it was wrong. I knew it was-
"l'ving..?" Bubba whined, pulling at the bottom of my shirt to catch my attention as I was lost in thought. "Oh no sweetie, I'm not leaving. I said i'd always be here, didn't I? I made a promise to you and I intend to keep that, darlin," I returned, turning to face him. I perched on my tippy toes and held his face in my hands, tilting his head slightly so I could plant a kiss on his forehead.
He sighed softly in relief and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on the top of my head. We held each other tightly for a bit before Drayton snapped at me and told me to 'get ready, cuz we're goin to tha gas station'.
Bubba huffed and I giggled, breaking the hug and kissing his cheek. He smiled down at me and held my hand as we walked to his room, getting ready for the day together.

/time skip/

I shut the door to Drayton's truck and started walking to the gas station. He grumbled something (probably towards me, but whatever. grumpy ass.) and unlocked the door, being nice enough to open it for me as i walked inside. I thanked him and he just huffed in response, walking in after me.
After a while of explaining what I had to do, he let me man the counter while he sat outside to talk to people as they came in.
I looked around the gas station, smiling to myself as I remembered my own experience here just a few days ago. It's insane to think of everything that's happened in just a few days. I got a new lover that I barely even know, got railed by said lover and possibly impregnated, got accepted into my new lover's family, moved in with them, and now have the task of leading in tourists and killing them. rad.
I was interrupted by my thoughts as the sound of a car approaching came into my ears, as well as Drayton talking to them. I perked up and scurried over to peek behind the door to see who it was.
It was a tall, muscular man who was probably in his 40's and a shorter woman, who i'm guessing was in her early 20's. Quite the age gap but judging by their fancy car and the woman's expensive jewelry, I just gave her a nod in respect.
Her boy toy noticed me making eye contact with his girl and piped up, "Hey now, who's this lil darlin behind the door? Come on out here girl, lemme have a look atcha~"
I internally rolled my eyes and stepped out, walking towards them. "Well, ain't you a cute lil thing, huh? what's yer name, honey~" he purred, taking my chin in between his fingers and tilting my head up to meet his dark and lustful gaze.
I furrowed my brows and moved a bit, trying to get out of his grasp without making a scene. "It's.. Y/N, sir.." I mumbled, making eye contact with his new boots and shiny belt buckle instead of his eyes. He frowned and gripped my chin a bit tighter, moving my gaze forcibly to him. He hooked an arm around my waist and pulled me into him, holding me tightly against him. "Don't you know it's rude ta look away when someone's talkin' to ya, sweet pea," He grumbled lowly, gripping my wrist with his other hand.
"Come on now, hunny. The poor thing looks scared sick, let 'er go," his girl said, stepping in to put a hand on his shoulder, looking at me with apologetic eyes and pushing him back slightly.
"Well I think girlie here needs to learn some manners.." He smiled evilly, gripping me tighter. Tears pricked in my eyes and I struggled against him. "S-sir, please let go of me, y-you're hurting me! I'm sorry I really a-am, please just let me go..!" I whimpered, turning my head to look at Drayton's worried expression before the man turned my head back to look at him forcefully.
"Oooh no hunny, your little co-worker ain't gonna help you none, now.." Before I could protest, he gripped my wrist hard and started to drag me towards his car. His girlfriend started to raise her voice and begged him not to do anything to me, and to stop it right now. He pushed her away with so much force that she fell to the ground below.
Drayton snapped at the man and ran inside. I felt my heart sink into the pit of my stomach. Was he just going to let this stranger take me away, just to have him do whatever he wants to me? As a million thoughts and feelings of betrayal swam in my mind, I fought as hard as I could to get away. I screamed, kicked, punched, bit, scratched, clawed, anything I could to get away from this disgusting man.
As the man told me to shut up and tried to get me in the door of his car, I heard a sound. Something familiar. I looked in the doorway of the gas station and felt my face light up and a thankful smile spread across my face as tears continued to flow.
Drayton stood in the doorway, pointing to the man who dared tried taking me away. He ordered my savior to begin the attack:

"Bubba. Get 'im."

word count: roughly 987 🫶🏼