✩ 17. Moving In ꘩

sfw

༺♡༻

After Bubba and I had said goodbye to the twins and Mama, we walked to Drayton's running truck. Bubba opened the passenger door for me and I thanked him. He also lifted me up slightly by my waist and helped me get into the truck, since it was a bit high off the ground for me.
I had to scoot in between Drayton and Bubba due to the fact that his truck only had one long seat (I think. I can't remember it from the first movie that much..). I didn't really mind that much, that just means I'd get to snuggle up with Bubba until we got to my car.
Bubba shut the door and buckled up, helping me with my own buckle. It was always so sweet how he helped me do simple tasks (amogus). Drayton grumbled something under his breath as he switched gears and drove off, a comfortable silence filling the atmosphere. Well, until Bubba made a little whine and palmed at my hand for him to hold.
When we arrived at the gas station, my eyes fell onto my trusty bucket of bolts. Well, it wasn't THAT old, but still. She's a beaut. Bubba unbuckled us as the truck came to a stop and helped me out to the concrete below. "Alright so you go awn ahead an' git in yer car there, Bubba yew wanna come with 'er or come back with me," Drayton asked, rolling down his window and resting his arm on the open part.
"Go wiff Y-Y/N.." Bubba stuttered, gripping my hand a bit tighter and looking down at the ground, smiling slightly but embarrassed. Drayton scoffed, "Fine by me, now I got more room without your fata-" I shot him a piercing glare, shooting daggers in his cruel words. Bubba looked back down again, hurt by his brother's hurtful comment.
"Finish that comment. I DARE you" I challenged, my tone becoming noticeably sharper and threatening. Drayton didn't dare obey my command, instead shutting his mouth and raising his eyebrows, astonished by the fact that I talked back to him. Nobody does that but Mama, and even then she wasn't nearly as frightening as me.
I gripped Bubba's hand and balled up my other fist, furious that he could just insult MY angel so casually, without reason! My voice spat toxins as I spoke. "Don't you DARE speak to him that way. If I hear as much as one more comment under your breath, you're gonna be in some deep shit, pal. Don't even try me. Bubba did nothing deserving of that disgusting insult. AND ANOTHER THING-"Bubba pulled me back by my waist as I was beginning to storm back to the truck, raising a fist.
Bubba began to struggle to get me to my car, still kicking and screaming at Drayton. He mumbled something to help calm me down, and eventually I huffed, giving into his assurances. I willingly got into the driver's seat, grumbling curses under my breath directed towards that little...mmph.
Bubba opened the passenger door and climbed inside, shutting his door and buckling up while I turned the key. I turned the air on and began to follow Drayton back to the house, still a bit upset at him. I turned the radio on to clear my head, and asked Bubba if he wanted to pick the station. He nodded and started fiddling with the knob, electronic garbles filling the car as he switched stations periodically, waiting a few seconds to hear the song then moving to the next station when he was dissatisfied.
He was finally pleased with an oldies station, which was currently playing some classic rock song. It sounded nice, so I allowed myself to unclench the steering wheel and lean back in my chair, letting out a sigh. Bubba looked at me with a little smile and mumbled a thank you to me. "Y' didn't hafta do that.. but 'm..k'nda glad you did.." He looked down, playing with his fingers. 
"Hey, it was no problem at all. I just hate that he picks on you all the time. He says things that aren't even true. They're NOT true..you know that, right?" I turned to look at him, worry and sadness in my eyes. He met my gaze and looked down, letting out a small sigh. "Mmhmm. I know.." He mumbled. He looked unsure of what he was agreeing to, however.
"Bubba please, just listen to me," I pleaded, looking at him again. He made eye contact, and I noticed tears begin to well up in his eyes, threatening to spill and stain his pretty face. "You're beautiful to me, Bubba. Everything about you is gorgeous, you know that? Your body and your mind are both incredible to me. I think you're just..SO perfect, Bubs."
He stared at me and a big smile crept onto his face. I took his hand and held it in mine as I drove with my free hand. I squeezed his hand tighter as we continued to drive a little while longer.
After a few minutes, the house came into view again and I parked the car. Drayton exited his truck and stuck his hands in his pockets, walking over towards my car to help get my stuff in the house. He looked like a mix of guilty and angry, grumbling something under his breath as he opened the trunk.
Bubba and I got out of the car and joined him, Bubba holding my hand and hiding behind me, as if my small form could cover all of him. I sighed, "Drayton. Apologize to Bubba so he's not hiding from you the whole day." My tone was firm and still.
Drayton huffed and crossed his arms, turning his head away so he didn't have to face Bubba face-to-face. "'M sorry..guess that was wrong of me, huh.." He mumbled, moving a hand to the back of his head and facing Bubba, finally. Bubba's eyes widened and he grinned slightly. "'S mmk" He forgave him, softly. I sighed with relief and took hold of Bubba and Drayton's hands. "Now that wasn't so bad, was it?" I chuckled, Drayton snapping his hand away and whispering curses under his breath while going to the trunk.
Bubba looked down at me with a thankful smile and went to grab more of my stuff. The next few minutes consisted of the family hauling my stuff inside, minus Mama. I assured her that she didn't have to lift a finger. After they were all inside, the suitcases were tossed carelessly on the floor, scattered about Bubba's room. The family left me to unpack in my new room-sharing with Bubba, of course.
Bubba helped get everything out of its case and into its proper place, handing me clothes one at a time so I could hang them up next to his. It was funny how our clothing had such a massive contrast: my smaller, cleaner and well-maintained clothes, resting next to Bubba's larger, faded, heavier clothes. I guess he noticed it too when we shared a giggle.
When there was only one large, clunky and noticeably heavier suitcase left, Bubba questioned what it was. "Oh, that's my sewing machine! Well, it's my grandma's, but she let me have it since she doesn't sew anymore. I just brought it in case there were some pretty fabrics I could use, ooh and there's that one dress I wanted to work on..and-!" I rambled, a huge grin appearing on Bubba's face as he intently absorbed every word that poured passionately from my lips.

The truth is, Bubba's always had a dream that he'd find a sweet little lady that would sew with Mama. He envisioned the both of them sitting in Mama's sewing room, chatting happily and sewing together. His sweetheart would triumphantly raise up brand-new baby clothes while Mama congratulated her, finishing up some little socks to match. One day soon it would finally happen.

When I finally finished rambling, I found that the sewing machine was set up on the floor along with my scrap/project box and assorted parts for the machine and clothing. Bubba sighed dreamily, resting a hand under his chin and looking at me with the dopiest grin on his face. I giggled and sat in his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him gently.
The mess can wait for now.

word count: roughly 1420 -3-