✩ 6. Family Dinner ꘩

sfw, although a bit suggestive

༺♡༻

Mama began to yell at the two grubby boys for god knows what, then turned around and lovingly sat me and Bubba together, doting and loving on me while tucking a napkin into my shirt like a bib. I could tell they haven't had a guest in a while, much less a girl. A perty girl, as mama would say.
Bubba looked at me bashfully, a pretty pink on his cheeks, as if to say 'sorry about my family being so embarrassing..' so I looked at him with an understanding glance, smiling and holding his hand underneath the table.
"BUBAAA COME GET UP HERE AN HELP US WITH GRAMPAAAW" Nubbins screeched, making poor Bubba flinch. He mumbled an apology of some kind, and got up with a little grumble, pouting all the way upstairs.
"Hehehe, he really is just like a stubborn little boy sometimes, isn't he?" I turned to mama, chuckling and speaking to her in the kitchen. "Oh he really is hunny, you should see him and his brothers arguin over the last bowl of chili er the last glass of sweet tea!" Mama returned, chuckling while she came into the dining room with something that smelled heavenly.
I said this to her, and she thanked me, and said I was the sweetest thing she ever saw. She kissed me on the forehead and said something about perty grandbabies while she walked back to the kitchen to get another dish for the table.
I heard some clamoring behind me and turned to see Bubba, Nubbins, Chop Top and Drayton all carrying a decrepit old man in a chair down the steps. I widened my eyes and wondered how (if even) he was still alive, cuz this man looks like a straight up corpse. They carried him in and set him at the end of the table, bubba patting his head and attempting to put a spoon in his hand, while it fell to the floor.
He shook his head and let out a small chuckle while mumbling something to me while walking back to his seat. I giggled and held his hand again while mama poured some sweet tea for him, asking me if I wanted some. I said just water would be fine, and I could get it for myself to save her the trouble. She thanked me gratefully and Bubba suddenly shot up in his chair and quickly waddled over to me, insisting to show me the way, like my personal knight if shining armor. Mama and I looked at each other and giggled as I was dragged off into the kitchen, bubba babbling something incomprehensible to me, of which I just smiled and nodded.
I couldn't quite reach the glass when I opened a pretty cabinet, so I asked Bubba to help. Instead of grabbing it for me himself, like I expected, he picked me up and sat my entire weight on his shoulders, wrapping my thighs around his face. I could hear him let out a little giggle as he heard my little gasp of surprise and a "BUBBaaa!!" He bounced me a little and made a little snort, as if to tell me to get what I came in here for, and I grabbed a glass.
"Ok Bubbaaa, put me down, i got the glass," I laughed, scratching his head and lightly pulling on his hair, playfully. I could feel him shake his head no, which made my thighs instinctively twitch and go together, before I realized his head was right between my legs. I heard him make some sort of surprised squeak, then he quickly put me down, almost dropping me. He turned his body away from me and pointed to the faucet, and then the fridge, I guess if I wanted any ice, babbling something quietly as he did so.
He quickly dashed back to his seat and looked down at the table, and I heard mama ask him something about if he was alright. I filled up my glass and walked back to the table, sitting down next to him. I noticed that when I walked behind him in order to get into my seat, he covered his lap with both his napkin and his hands, which made me know immediately what was up with him. I smiled to myself as I sat down, and Drayton said grace.
I'm not that religious, so I decided to take that opportunity to try to hold Bubba's hand again. I like holding his hand, it makes me feel so safe with his big hand encasing my tiny one. He holds it so gently as well, as if he's afraid to hurt me by just squeezing a little too hard. I need to reassure him about that, hopefully I can remember.
Anyway, I noticed his hand was still covering his crotch, and I put my hand over one of his large ones. I could feel him jump a little and he snapped his head up to look at me, beet red. I chuckled a little and acted innocent, like I had no idea what was the matter. I smiled at him, batting my eyelashes and doing my best doe eyes. He raised his eyebrows, somehow getting even redder. He shot his head back to its original position, right at the floor.
I couldn't help but let out a little giggle, I could tell that teasing him would be fun and easy from now on. ...From now on? What was I thinking? In the morning, I'm leaving this house and going up to the panhandle...right? I planned a weeks vacation but...this seems a bit more enjoyable. Strange, but still enjoyable. Plus...Bubba's here too. Bubba...
My thoughts were interrupted by Bubba gently patting my thigh. My head snapped up and to the right, to look at him. He pointed to the plate of food in front of me, making an eating motion and then patting his stomach. I giggled at his silly motion, then apologized for spacing out. I guess I had apologized to the whole family, because when I looked back and noticed it was dead silent in the room, I looked up to see them all staring at me, I guess in anticipation of what I would think of the meal.
I laughed awkwardly and looked down, red and embarrassed. Bubba patted my thigh again, as if to tell me it was ok. I smiled at him and began to scoop some of the food up with a fork. It was some kind of meat, red stew, potatoes and assorted vegetables. Just like my favorite at home.
I took a bite and my mouth exploded with flavor. I could feel my eyes widen and I quickly shoveled more and more into my mouth, hearing the twins laugh, mama sigh with relief and a "well, I never!", and Drayton chuckle and compare me to some farm animal, earning an oink from Bubba. I smiled internally while my face on the outside was busy stuffing itself with the delicious meal.
When I looked back at the table at the bigger portion of the dish, I first looked up at mama for permission to get myself seconds, to which she happily told me to help myself to as much as I'd like, sweet pea. She only warned me to keep off Bubba's plate, cuz he bites. I giggled and helped myself, watching Bubba take a bite of his own food and letting out a little sigh of bliss.
He was closing his eyes, secretly building your future with him together in his mind. His first move, as mama whispered to him while I was filling up my water, was to make me his. He just had to find out exactly how to draw you in.

word count: roughly 1300 ⊙︿⊙