✩ 22. Sanctuary in Slaughter ꘩

sfw (YALL IM SORRY I WAS GONE SO LONG MY GOD- sorry for the long ass wait everypony, life's been so blah recently yk. I haven't been as motivated to write but i will for all my lovely babygirls >:3 But like- here we go new chapter wooo plz dont kill me BHDSBHFS) also Drayton redemption arc real

༺♡༻

We all stayed huddled together on the floor until Bubba and I calmed down, it took a little longer for me to but they were both so patient. After my sniffling was just about over and my tears had run dry, Drayton moved to slowly remove himself from the hug. He grinned, looking at me as he spoke in a surprisingly soft voice for him, "Hey..with all that's happened today, ya wanna go home with Bubba? I'll stay here just in case anyone else decides ta' mess with us."
I thought about it, nodding slowly as I clung to Bubba. "Mmhm..I think I just wanna lie down after everything that's happened, ya know?" I smiled, looking up at Drayton as I sniffled one last time. "Thanks, Drayton."
"Ah don't mention it," He grinned, getting up off the floor.
I looked back at Bubba, who had the biggest smile on his face. He got up off the floor and extended his hands to me, which I took graciously. He helped me up off the floor and before we could begin to walk out together, scooping me in his arms and holding me close like I know he just loved to do. After getting me to the car, he opened up the driver's side door and looked down at me.
I smiled up at him, letting him set me down in the seat and start up the car. "It's okay hun, I'm good to drive now. Promise." He nodded, giving me a little smile and a kiss on the forehead. I grinned, watching him get in the passenger's side seat and holding my hand that wasn't on the wheel gently. I drove us home and the minute I put the car in park and turned it off, Bubba had unbuckled his seatbelt, opened his door and jumped out, dashed over to my side to open my door for me, and helped me with my seatbelt.
I smiled, adoring just how much he cared for me. When my seatbelt was off, he helped take me out of the seat, cradling me in his arms once again. Bubba carried me inside, where I was Chop and Nubs on the floor playing with toy trucks. Chop shot up and tossed his truck away, accidentally smacking Nubs in the face with his. Nubs let out a yelp, rubbing his nose while Chop profusely apologized and just kept repeating a worried "don't tell mama oh no-"
I chuckled as Bubba carried me to his room, gently laying me down and tucking me in. I was so tired.. I think I fell asleep like two seconds after he put me down, waking up to a few voices mumbling above me. They sounded like they were underwater..
"Do you think she'll be okay..? She's been sleeping for so long.."
"Nubs, she's been asleep for four hours."
"I know that but- but what if-"
"Now boys you leave y/n alone. ..Poor thing went through a lot today 'n needs her rest, you hear?"
"Yes mama.."
"O-okay mama.."
After hearing some footsteps and mumbles.. I think I fell asleep again. Poor Nubbins And Chop sounded worried about me..
I don't know how long I had been asleep after that, but I do remember feeling gentle pokes on my cheek followed by.. something furry. I heard a purr and a high-pitched meow and my eyes shot open. There was Nubbins, Chop-Top and Bubba, grinning down at me. My hazy gaze drifted down to the small furry creature in Nubbins' hands, meowing and pawing at my nose. It was a little tortoiseshell kitten with big yellow eyes and the sweetest face I had ever seen, letting out little mews.
I smiled, cooing softly at the little creature. "Oh gosh- where did you come from, sweetie? Ohh little babyyy.." Nubs let go of the kitten, letting it crawl on my chest and start making biscuits on my shirt, purring happily. Chop spoke up, smiling and watching its little tail swish around. "Nubs found 'im wandering around outside.. he was all alone, poor little guy. We looked all around for its mama or some other little kittens but.. nothin."
Nubs nodded, scratching the top of the kitten's fuzzy head. "Mmhm.. I think it's old enough to eat solid food so we fed 'im some sausage an' gave 'im some water.. poor guy was so hungry.."
I frowned, scratching under the kitten's chin. He looked so happy and content.. and so friendly, too.. I hope this wasn't somebody else's kitty.. "Ah, gosh.. yeah, I guess you would be, huh buddy? You're so tinyyy.." I smiled, kissing the top of his head, earning a mew from the kitten and a delighted purr. "..What did Mama and drayton say?"
All three of the boys grinned, Bubba giggling. "Mama said yes right away, but Bubba had to pull the puppy-dog eyes on Dray.. needless to say, the kitty is ours!" Chop grinned, petting the tiny cat. I smiled, looking up at Bubs and giggling at his irresistible charm.. one of the many reasons I fell for him in the first place.

Word count: 920 0.0 hopefully more to come!