✩ 5. Meet the Sawyers ꘩

sfw

༺♡༻

I turned to see where the flash came from and saw a grubby little man holding a camera and cackling, followed by an older woman, probably in her 50s or 60s, the ugliest, grooviest metaliest rat man I'd ever seen, and the man I met at the gas station.
They were all peeked around a corner, each with a different expression. The grubby boy who looked to be close to Bubba's age was cackling like a monster and waving the embarrassing picture that he had just took to let it fade into view; the woman had tears in her eyes and was clutching her heart as if it might explode while watching her little boy and his new girlfriend horse around; the grubby rat man was cackling as well and waited to see the picture with what looked like his twin brother; and the other guy looked confused and too tired to care for this shit, as if it happened every day.
"Oh I don't believe we've met, hunny. Hi, I'm Luda Mae, but you can just call me mama, sweetheart! I'm all these kids' proud mama, ya see." The woman greeted, with a sweet voice that sounded like vanilla and honey.
"And I'm Nubbins, pleased ta meet your acquaintance, m'lady," He bowed, now I see where Bubba gets it from.
"I'm Chop Top, and music is my life!" He greeted, making a peace sign.
"And I don't believe I've introduced myself, neither. I'm Drayton, good to have you as part of the family!" He said, the last few words making my eyes widen.
Bubba, having been there on all fours with me on his back, sat down with an embarrassed groan and covered his face with both hands, his cheeks a deep scarlet. I rolled onto the floor with an 'oof' and let out a giggle. "Bubba, make sure to warn me next time I get off the saddle.." He turned to face me and lifted me off the ground, garbling apologies and hiding his face again, even more embarrassed.
We all had a good laugh (well, everyone except for Bubs) and miss Luda Mae-er...mama...herded all of us to the dining room, hooking each arm inbetween Bubba and I, turning to talk to one of us and switching again periodically.
"Oh it's just so nice to have another woman in this house, especially such a perty one like you-ain't she perty, Bubba? Oh I just think she's so perty-now I just want ya ta make yerself at home, hunny. This is your house now, too!" She said, her head snapping back and forth so fast I was starting to get concerned. Through her loving chatter to each of us, Bubba and I looked up at each other at the same time, thinking the same thing:
man, am I glad I met you.

word count: roughly 480, short chapter ik eek-