✩ 21. Savior with a Chainsaw ꘩

sfw (TW: MURDER+MUTILATION, OVERALL VIOLENCE)

༺♡༻

Bubba wasted no time. The minute his brother ran into the gas station and told him some lowlife, rotten, disgusting creature DARED lay a FINGER on his angel, he grabbed his chainsaw and stormed towards the raised voices coming into his line of hearing.
He stood in the doorway, a low growl and a huff escaping through his gritted teeth. His eyes fixated on the man handling HIS girl like she nothing- just a toy for him to play with and use for his own pleasure. Oh HELL no.
Through huffs of boiling anger he gripped his chainsaw tight, the steady revving being the only warning given to the man before Drayton gave him his next order, as always.
He was conditioned to follow every order given to him without question. He was trained to hunt and kill to provide for his family, and he'd gotten so used to it that he didn't see the fault in his actions. Right now, that man was just a slab of meat manhandling his girl. And he would NEVER make the same mistake again.

"Bubba. Get 'im."

He wasted no time. Bolting off the steps and landing hard with a thunderous boom, he stomped over to the man, anger radiating off of every step. He revved his chainsaw, now ready to do what he was raised to do. Bring home the meat.

I scrambled away from the man the minute his grip on me loosened, running with shaking legs to Drayton and clinging to him. That was the first time I had been grateful to have him around. He held me tight and assured me that 'everything would be alright now', and that 'Bubba's gonna git that son of a bitch'.
I sobbed into Drayton's shirt as he pet my head, holding onto my helpless form as I breathed hard.
The sound of yelling and screaming filled the air, as well as the sound of gravel crunching underfoot when Bubba snorted like a bull and charged, rage dictating his movements like a puppet. He had little to no control over what he did, acted, or how fast he went now. He was blinded by rage, and his only target was that filthy creature that hurt his baby.
"I hafta get this one hunny, stay right here- I promise I'm gonna be just a minute," Drayton said, gently moving me to a chair and pulling out a knife from a holder on his leg and walking quickly towards the girl who was screaming on the ground, huddled and frozen with fear.
I didn't need to watch to know what happened to her after that. Her ear-piercing scream told me enough. I just cradled my legs to my chest in the chair, shaking and crying. The noise got too much with the previous situation I endured, so I scrambled into the gas station and hid behind the counter. I ducked underneath it and sat in the corner, covering my ears and making myself as small as possible. 
I don't know how long I waited, but I just sat there and cried.

The minute Bubba got his hands on that cretin, he stooped down and sawed a deep cut in his shin. The man screamed in pain and toppled over, falling hard to the dirty ground below. He wanted to make him hurt. Bad. For what he did to his sweet angel? He was gonna make this death last long.
The man scrambled on the floor, crying out and holding his badly injured shin. "You..hurt mai' girl.." Bubba grumbled, stepping on the man's chest and digging him into the dirt, gripping his chainsaw hard.
"P-please, I'm sorry I really- ACK- a-am!!" He stammered, writing in pain and trying to get away. Bubba showed no mercy, digging his boot into the cretin.
"NOb'dy..hurts ma' girl.." Bubba growled, revving up his chainsaw. He cut one of the man's legs off, making a clean line just above the knee, due to his experience. The man howled in pain, hot tears flowing from his bulging eyes.
Bubba continued to mutilate the man's body to the point where he was unrecognizable. He looked as disgusting on the outside as he did on the inside. When Bubba decided the man (or, rather, the pile of flesh and intestines on the ground) was thoroughly taken care of, he left his body in the hot sun for the scavengers of the night to come and get their fill. His family would NEVER eat this one. Not after what he had done.

I heard the door open and close, along with Drayton's grunt and a "Whoooee! It's not that often i get a kill, sure was excitin'! Oh- Y/N, where are ya hunny?"
"'M down h-here," I shakily replied, calmed down enough to where I was only crying a moderate amount, but still felt horrible. I just wanted my Bubba here..
Drayton slumped over the counter and saw me there, frowned, and told me to wait a second for him to dump the girl's body in the back of his truck. I chuckled weakly as he walked back outside, leaving me alone again momentarily.
Before I could take a breath, I heard clambering outside along with heavy footsteps approaching. I perked up and raised myself onto my knees, peeking over the counter at the door. Bubba nearly broke the door down, darting his head all over the room and whimpering, calling for me in what sounded like a desperate cry of a lost animal.
"B-Bubbaaa!!" I began to sob hard, raising my hands up at him as fat tears flowed down my cheeks. He darted his head down and whined, rushing behind the counter and clamping his bloody hands on both my shoulders.
He looked everywhere around me, inspecting my face, arms, neck, anywhere he could see that wasn't clothed. "Y're ok?? d-dinnit hurt yuu??" He yelped, cradling my face in his large dirty hands as tears filled his eyes.
"N-No Bubba I'm ok!! I'm o-ok now, tha-anks to you.." I choked, moving my small hands to rest on top of his on my face.
He sighed heavily and enveloped me in a big bear hug, choking out cries while he whispered in a broken voice how he was so sorry, that he should've been there, and that man couldn't hurt me anymore.
We both just sat there on the semi-dirty floor, clinging to each other and sobbing, assuring each other that everything would be okay now. Drayton opened the door again and saw his brother comforting me, sighing and wearing a crooked smile while he crossed his arms. Eventually, to both of our surprise, he walked over and sat down with us, hugging the both of us simultaneously, like a skinny old blanket.
Maybe everything would be ok. Maybe I'll be safe after all. Maybe I'm not alone.

word count: roughly 1168 💐