✩ 13. Back to Bed ꘩

sfw

༺♡༻

There was no way in HELL I was gonna be able to sleep now. Not after that whole ordeal. Bubba was in the kitchen helping chop up the corpse, and skinning them clean. He disregarded all the skin except for the face, setting it on a hook by the eyehole. I then came to realize that's what his masks' materials were made of, and silently noted how well he patched them together.
I stood watching them work in the doorframe until Bubba looked up from his work and grunted, smiling big at me. I could tell he was so relieved that I was gonna stay, even after finding out what (or rather who) their meals consisted of.
To me I thought of it this way: if more people practiced caniballism, then we could solve not only world hunger, but overpopulation as well. Now that's not exactly ethical but let's face it, I am VERY not ok in the head.
Whatever. Humans taste good. I'll eat 'em if it means good food AND staying with Bubba.
I'm not sure how long I stood watching the process, but after a while I decided to leave them to their work, realizing that I was somehow getting sleepy after all. How I can go from wide awake to knocked out on the floor amazes me.
"Hey Bubs? I'm gonna go ahead and go to bed, alright? Hurry up and come back soon so I can cuddle ya, you mountain of a man" I chuckled, walking up to him and kissing him on the cheek. I needed to stand on my tippy toes to reach him, which only proved my point.
He nodded and kissed my forehead, moving his blood-soaked arms away from me so I wouldn't get dirty. "Love ya s'much bunny" he mumbled, his voice in my ear. I melted at his sweet words and returned the affection, telling him that I loved him too, and to make sure he would hurry up fast. He snorted and did a nod, kissing me on the lips sweetly before returning to his work.
Drayton made a barfing sound and shooed me off, telling us to get a room. We only chuckled and I blew Bubba an air kiss, to which he captured it in the air and put his hands to his heart, grinning wide. I could tell the little goober was blushing under the mask he somehow put on while I was out like a light.
I finally left when Drayton almost whacked me with a spoon, cursing at me like a sailor. Bubba huffed and garbled at him in retaliation, waving his dirty finger at him. I laughed heartily and went back into the living room, kissing Mama on the forehead and telling her and the twins goodnight.
"Well, don't WE get kisses too??" Chop huffed, crossing his arms and sulking like a child. "Yeah! It's not fair if Mama and Bubba are the only ones gettin' kisses from ya! What's wrong with us?" Nubbins agreed, putting his hands on his hips.
A fly comically buzzed around them and landed on Chop's plate, earning a smack from Nubbins. "'NAM FLASHBACK 'NAM FLASHBACK" Chop screeched, swatting Nub's hand away and covering his head, shaking.
"Alright alright, calm down you two. I'll give ya both a kiss, but I'm gonna give you both hell if I get sick from y'alls diseases or whatever. Grubby little bastards" I mumbled, chuckling to myself. Nubbins began to yap in protest but I shut him up by placing a kiss on his forehead, same for Chop Top.
"Alright, NOW goodnight" I sighed, rubbing my temples and turning to go to Bubba's room, "And what about MY kiss?" Drayton called, earning a loud grunt from Bubba. "Oh no, you'll just have to live without it, I'm goin ta BED. Night y'all" I retorted, laughing to myself as I walked away, hearing the laughs from the family fade away as I got closer to the bedroom.
It was amazing how I had only just met these people a few hours ago, and I was fitting in with the family no problem. I almost...wanted it to stay like that. I could help the family with their chores and maybe even help draw in tourists for dinner, and maybe they'd let me stay, permanently.
I sighed happily, envisioning my life with the Sawyers as I tucked myself back into bed. I grabbed Bubba's pillow to my left and hugged it close to me, smiling with glee when I got a huge whiff of his smell.
He kind of smelled like a pine tree forest that had just gotten a good shower, a slight hint of some sort of floral scent, warm concrete after it rained, and the lingering smell of sweat. The pine really overpowered that, though. His smell seemed to lull me off to sleep, and I had sweet dreams of him.
I must've been out for a while, because when I felt a large dip in the bed and heard a chuckle, I knew it was Bubba. He tried to get the pillow out of my firm grasp but I just held on tighter, secretly awake. "I know y'r awake, sweet pea," Bubba mumbled, dipping down to kiss me gently on the cheek. "Lemme have 'm p'llow back, pleese."
"Nooo it smells like youuu" I whined, clutching it tighter and burying my face in it. "Well I smell like me more, so gimme 't back" He returned, poking my face. "Hmm, touché." I mused, letting my death grip weaken and giving him the pillow back.
"Thassa good girl" he purred, covering himself up and taking me in his big, strong arms, holding me close to his warm body. I sighed with a sleepy hum, nuzzling my face into his chest, noticing he took a shower and changed back into his jammies.
He played with my hair and scratched my head gently, moving me to snuggle into the crook of his neck. I whined at the sensation, melting into a puddle in his touch. He hummed and glowed with pride, so happy that he could make his angel feel good.
I fell asleep listening to his heartbeat in my ear, inhaling his interestingly wonderful smell through my nose. A short while after I fell asleep he did as well, entranced in the warmth I gave to him-not only his body, but in his heart, as well.

word count: roughly 1080 ʕ♡•ᴥ•♡ʔ