✩ 19. Two Worlds ꘩

sfw

༺♡༻

"Well, I'm sure I can try to convince them to come down there sometime soon..!" I sputtered, looking at Bubba who had his eyes wide. He looked nervous, but had a small smile on his face.
After a while of talking I bid her goodbye, putting the phone back on the bedside table. I looked up at Bubba, and we shared a look of concern with the new, large problem that had come about so quickly.   "Well..I think it'll all be ok! Yeah! Everything's gonna be just fine, Bubba, don't you worry your pretty head none," I smiled confidently, getting up off of the bed and taking Bubba's large hands in my own.
He looked up at me, thinking about it for a second in his mind, and nodded his head, making a little grunt. He smiled up at me and got up with me, hugging me tightly and nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck, making me giggle as I was ticklish there.
A call from Drayton made us perk up our heads and quickly walk back, hand in hand. When we made it into the living room, the worried family was there to greet us. "Well..? What did she say, hunny..?" Mama questioned carefully, fearing the worst. "Y-Yeah! Tell us, tell us!!" The twins whined,  jumping in their seats impatiently.
It took a little while to explain, but when Bubba and I (well, mostly me) were finished, the family exchanged worried glances and murmured, unsure of what to think.
"Well..I s'pose it had to happen eventually.." Drayton trailed off, tipping his hat that had suddenly appeared. "W-well I'm excited for it! I think Y/N's family'll be real nice, c-cuz they're real nice, yknow?" Nubbins looked up from the floor, hopeful.
I smiled at him when he looked at me, grinning. I nodded and went on about my family for a while, time slipping by with each happy memory and descriptions of my childhood home with them. The family listened intently, laughing with me (Drayton AT me due to the embarrassing ones) and learning more about me in turn.
I was stopped short of describing one of my old dogs when my stomach grumbled embarrassingly loudly. Mama chuckled and got up from her chair "Well I think that's my que ta make lunch! How does sandwiches sound, y'all?"
The twins chanted "saaaammies! saaaammies! saaaammies!" as Drayton nodded approvingly, Bubba clapping his hands excitedly with a squeak, bouncing me a bit on his lap. I laughed and told her that would be lovely and thanked her, watching her nod and disappear into the kitchen.
I went back to my stories after i'd had enough of the twins' pleading for me to finish, Bubba cupping my hips with his large hands and nodding along with them. Drayton failed to look like he didn't care as I could tell he was looking expectantly at me from under his hat.
When Mama called us all into the dining room to chow down, we all excitedly leapt to our feet, scrambling to be the first one seated. Well, all except for Drayton, cussing at us and saying how stupid we looked (I saw that speedwalk! You ain't slick pal!)
As we ate, I continued with my stories. Drayton had to tell me not to chew with my mouth full and Mama smacked his arm, turning to me and nodding for me to finish.
After we were all finished eating and my voice hurt, we all set out to do our specified jobs. I looked around, unsure of what to do, and Bubba came up next to me and held my hand. He cocked his head as if asking what I wanted to do, and I told him I hadn't decided. He then tapped his chin in thought for a second before peeking up and pointing towards the heavy metal door leading to his crafting room.
I nodded and he grunted with excitement as he led me over, closing the door behind us. I sat in a big plush chair for the rest of the day, watching Bubba work. He made two new teeth bracelets (so we could match!) and worked on a new mask a bit.
After dinner and a shower, we snuggled up together in our large, comfy bed. I couldn't help but have a few worrisome thoughts about my family, but they were all brushed away when sweet Bubba cradled my head into the crook of his neck, petting my hair gently and rubbing my back with a large hand.
I sighed happily and we fell asleep, dreaming about the upcoming meeting of our two families: the joining of two worlds.

word count: roughly 790
GUYS HI HELLO!! IK I HAVENT UPDATED IN LIKE 5EVER IVE EITHER BEEN BUSY W SCHOOL OR UNMOTIVATED TO WRITE, FORGIVE ME PLEEZ 😭💖