✩ 8. Clean Up and Break Down ꘩

sfw

༺♡༻

After bribing, asserting and finally begging Bubba to let me finish doing the dishes, he let out a whine and a huff of annoyance. I told him that I'd finish them fast and afterwards we could get back to dancing. His face lit up and he let out a hum of approval, earning a sigh of relief from me.
"You know..I think I'd finish them a whooole lot faster if I had a sweet boy to help me..oh if only there was someone like that. After we were done doing the dishes, maybe I could give him a little reward~" I teased.
That last part made Bubba's eyes widen, and he started whimpering like a puppy. He scuttled over to me and tugged at my sleeve, pointing to himself rapidly, obviously trying to get my attention and tell me the sweet boy to help me was him.
I turned my head away from him and sighed dramatically, putting the back of one of my palms to my forehead. "Oh goodness, if ONLY there was a big boy, 6 foot something maybe, who had excellent taste in jewelry, that could help me do allll these dishes! What EVER will I do?" I continued, putting on my best damsel in distress act.
Bubba was now doing absolutely anything and everything to get my attention, stomping his feet, poking my arm rapidly, waving his hands in the air, slapping his chest like some kind of desperate gorilla, and making an array of noises.
I had decided that he had suffered enough, and let out a sly smile. I turned to him and put both my hands on either side of his face, gently pulling his forehead to where my lips could reach. He realized what was happening and followed suite, quieting down and ending his needy charade.
I put my lips to his forehead, moving his hair to the side so I wouldn't get a mouthful of his pretty wave/curl combination he had going on. His shoulders dropped down, completely forgetting about the scene he just caused, and he let out a squeak followed by a long sigh of complete and total bliss.
"Alright mister, NOW will you help out with some of these dishes? I meant what I said about that reward," I asked, scooting over to make room for him at the sink. He nodded rapidly, and moved into the spot made just for him beside me.
After a few minutes of humming, splashing a little water on each other, giggling and pointing out shapes made by the bubbles, the dishes were finally done. Bubba quickly dried his hands and looked down at me in anticipation of what his prize would be. He practically vibrated in place because he was so excited.
I giggled and told him I'd give it to him in just a minute, but now it was time to pick up where we left off. He nodded his head, his dark, curled locks bouncing. He turned to the CD player and pressed play. It was in the middle of some romantic 50's song that was unfamiliar to me, so he rewinded it to the start.
We joined together, my arms wrapped around his neck and his large hands in the dip of my waist, almost as if I was sculpted just for him. I guess he felt so too, because he squeezed them a little bit and let out a sigh laced with nothing but pure love.
I didn't expect the squeeze so I let out a little yelp, making Bubba jump and take his hands away, inspecting where he squeezed, and worrying if he had hurt his delicate little flower.
"No no Bubba I-I'm ok, really! I just wasn't expecting it, is all. You didn't hurt me one bit, honeybun." I assured him, to where he let his shoulders relax again, letting out a sigh of relief. I really do need to give him more assurance that he won't hurt me if he barely touched me, heh.
We joined together again, letting time slip away with each twirl and sway. I wanted this moment to last forever, and I could tell that Bubs was thinking the same thing. I felt completely safe when he held me, despite our size difference and having only met that day.
Somewhere deep down in my heart I just knew that I was gonna have to cancel my trip to the panhandle for the week. I just couldn't bear breaking poor Bubba's heart. Even if I did leave tomorrow morning, I couldn't call him whenever I wanted due to him not speaking.
As I mulled over what had to happen eventually, Bubba suddenly stopped swaying with me and rubbed my arm up and down to catch my attention. I realized I had stopped swaying as fast with him and a frown had grown on my face. I looked up at him and felt tears prick the edges of my eyes, and my vision began to blur.
I looked down to avoid having to look at him directly and have to show him something was wrong. I hated having people worry about me, and Bubba sure wasn't an exception. He noticed and took my chin gently in his thumb and pointer finger, making me look at him. When I saw his concerned expression and heard him whimper at my sadness, I just couldn't keep it in anymore.
My lip quivered and the tears threatened to spill over if he kept looking at me with that stupidly adorable face of his. I suddenly felt fat, hot tears pour from my eyes, and I covered my face and looked down, sobbing harder than I wanted to.
Poor Bubba jumped and took me in his strong arms, cradling me and kissing the top of my head repeatedly, like I'd kissed him. I gripped his shirt and let it all out, I would apologize for getting his shirt wet later. After about a minute of him comforting me, I suddenly felt his grip around me tighten and my feet leave the ground. He scooped me up and now held me bridal style.
He huffed and grinned down at me, concern and love in his eyes. I looked up at him with my eyes sparkling with tears, my breath taken away by how effortlessly he seemed to cradle me in his arms, like a porcelain doll. I clung to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and beginning to cry again.
He turned and carried me to his room. I could hear mama and I think Drayton's muffled voices and Bubba mumbling something to them but I couldn't make it out, I was too upset to hear. He led me into his room, which I hadn't seen before. He undid the covers of his big bed and gently lowered me into it. It was so incredibly soft, and I instantly felt relaxed. Man could I get used to this.

word count: roughly 1170 💀 BRO THIS WAS A LONG ONE IK BAHAHA 🛐
also pls leave some feedback if you'd like!! I'd love to hear what you guys would like to see later on in the story! (●'□')♡ ♡o。.(✿ฺ。✿ฺ)