Chapter 9

Seriously, the things that happened to me stressed me out.

What should I do from now on? I'm lost..

Sigh... I think I need some fresh air, maybe it'll make my head clear.

I got up from my bed and grabbed a coat so I wouldn't be cold, the nightgown I was wearing wasn't enough to keep me warm.

I opened the door to my room, revealing a lobby that looks luxurious.

I walked slowly, watching the various decorations placed in this spacious lobby with amazed look.

There were landscape paintings, statues of male heads, knight armor, etc.

I stopped my feet when my gaze was fixed on a painting that was smaller than the others. The size is approximately 30cm x 35cm.

It was a picture of a woman who looked to be in her 20s.

Beautiful.. That's what crossed my mind.

The woman had crystal blue eyes, white skin and white hair that made her look like an angel.

She had a gentle expression, but had a firm posture, that made me fascinated. At that moment, I remembered.

Ah.. This is a portrait of Lavenia's mother..

On the Vasilius' route, he said that he does not remember a thing about his mother.

Moreover, he's not that close to duke Alfaret to ask him about his mother. The only thing he knew about his mother was her mother's features from a potrait.

Yeah, this potrait... He looked at the portrait that is currently in front of me once a year, on his birthday.

The story about this woman was made mysterious by the developers.

They are always silent when someone asked about the mother of the villainess, Lavenia, and the capture target, Vasilius.

Though, their informations are useless. Even if they say it, I can't guarantee whether what they're told really happens in this world.

So far there is no congruent information except for their physical characteristics, and perhaps Helios' feelings for Lavenia.

I shook my head. Forget it, thinking about it makes me even more stressed.

I set my feet to walk again, continuing the walk that had been delayed.

After walking non-stop for a few minutes, I found a large wooden door with unique carvings.

Without thinking I opened it, and felt the cold air piercing my body, making me tighten the coat I was wearing.

Behind the door was the garden where Helios saw Lavenia for the first time.

Ah.. That means now I'm in the front yard of this masion.

I walked straight and looking around.

This garden is very large, and there are various kinds of plants that were not exist in my previous world.

Not long after, I found a gazebo with vines decorating it. There is 1 medium round table and 2 chairs side by side.

I sat down in one of the chairs and felt the night breeze blow against my face.

The atmosphere is very calm, there is only the sound of the wind and leaves waving because of it.

I like the atmosphere like this, it makes me feel calm and the stress that I feel disappears, even though I know it's only for a moment.

"What are you doing here?"

The voice that suddenly appeared beside me startled me and make me jumped from my seat.

I turned my face towards the sound and found Damarius who was sitting in a chair that was empty before.

I won't ask how you appeared all of a sudden, because the answer obviously would be magic.

He looked at me with raised eyebrow, then snapped his fingers. Suddenly the table that was empty now has 2 cups of hot tea and a jar of biscuits.

Damarius took one of the cups and took a small sip. "I asked. What are you doing here?"

I positioned myself to sit back down. "I was just feeling down and decided to get some fresh air."

He was silent for a moment then nodded. "Drink." he said while moving his index finger, causing the other cup to slide in front of me.

I took the cup and took a sip without suspecting that he poisoned me, because he had healed me before.

Oh yeah, I forgot I haven't thanked him.

I saw Damarius shaking his cup, and playing with the tea that was in it. I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"Uhm.. For earlier... thank you."

He seemed to stiffen up a bit before he relaxed his body again. He put down the cup he had been playing with, and looked into my eyes.

He raised his eyebrow. "Better?"

I blinked my eyes twice. "Come again?"

He sighed. "Are you feeling better?"

Oh.. "Yeah, it's because of you, thank you." I smile.

Damarius was still looking at me, but this time blankly. "Hm.. go back to your room. It's late. Don't get sick again."

Uh.. But I just woke up? I pursed my lips and looked down. "I still want to be here, and moreover I just woke up..."

There isn't any response.

I lifted my head, still with the same expression, looking at Damarius who was looking around.

Then his gaze was directed at me. "Just this time, only a while." He snapped his fingers and instantly the temperature around us warmed up.

Comfortable... I who was a little cold at first, felt warmth return to my body.

I saw Damarius turn his head to the side, revealing his reddened ears. "I didn't do this because of you. I just felt cold."

I chuckled. "Alright then. Thank you, Damarius."

Damarius whose his ears was red, spread to his neck. He cleared his throat. "Darius."

Hn? Oh- ok.

Understood what he was saying so I nodded.

I paused for a moment, remembering what Vasilius had said about Lavenia pushed Damarius off the stairs when they were kids.

I opened my mouth, a little hesitant. "Uhm.. Darius, about back then.. I'm sorry for all the way I treated you... Especially when I pushed you down the stairs.. I'm sorry.." I bowed my head.

"Get up. Forget about it. After all, apologizing without remembering it, is meaningless."

I straightened myself as Damarius rose from his chair. "When you're done go back to your room. I'll go first."

Before I answered, he had disappeared, leaving me alone with 2 cups of tea that were still half left.

It seems like he is still angry with Lavenia. Well, of course. I would also be angry if I were him.

I guess I'd better go back to my room for now.

Sigh.. 2 tiring days...