Chapter 49

Alvanio grabbed my shoulders, making me look into his gray eyes.

Ugh, his eyes never fail to amaze me.

He leaned in and put his hand on the back of my neck, making me feel nervous.

"Uh- Marquess?" Seriously, what do you want to do?

"Just be quiet for a moment."

...

Slap

"Ouch... Lady squirrel, you're fierce." Alvanio stroked his red cheek because I slapped him.

"Who told you to come closer? My brother always says to slap anyone who comes close."

"Pft-" Alvanio laughed loudly, making me look at him strangely.

"The Alfaret family's upbringing was admirable... Marquess Fabian, your action just now was very dishonorable." Julian looked at Alvanio in displeased.

Uh- actually... it's my brother in the real world- I mean, this world is real but, well, you know-

Alvanio stopped his laughter as best he could. "Don't get me wrong, I only took this." He showed me the purple pearl necklace I had been wearing.

I spontaneously grab my neck, which now has nothing on it. "Huh? What's my necklace for?"

Alvanio looked at me strangely. "What for? Are you kidding me? You know what this is for, right?"

...I don't think I know it. For real, what is that thing?

"?? Isn't that one of those? I just noticed it." Julian's words made me more confused.

Alvanio sighed. "This is a crystal made by your brother, whose name is famous throughout the country."

"Huh? Isn't it supposed to be black?"

"According to my estimates, it's been used once."

Uh... Was it pebble- I mean marble from that time?

"Whatever then. Crown prince, I only need your orders and approval."

"Of course, I approve because this concerns our kingdom's fate. You have my full approval."

"Great then!" Alvanio smiled and slammed the marble on the floor.

Purple smoke came out quickly until it filled the room.

Alvanio beaming with light. "Ah... That is! That feeling was great!"

A few seconds later, all the smoke gathered into one and disappeared, replaced by a familiar figure.

"...What does this mean." Damarius' distinctive voice entered my ears. In that second, Damarius' gaze spontaneously locked with mine.

"Lord Alfaret, it is an honor to meet you." Alvanio gave a friendly smile.

Damarius ignored him. Instead, he examined me from head to toe and then looked around.

He just looked at Julianus for a moment, then nodded like how a normal person greet each other.

...What the heck?

Without being bothered, Julianus responded with a short nod and a friendly smile.

Alright, what the heck is this?! I'm speechless!

"So cold. Anyways, crown prince, now it's your turn with your power to shine."

Julianus smiled reluctantly. "Lord Alfaret, sorry for summoning you suddenly through an intermediary who is your younger sister. Because the current situation is urgent, I hope you can help us in this case."