Chapter 31

Crazy... what kind of coincidence is this..?

William looked at me, ignoring his torn shirt. "So what's your name?" he stretched out his hand again.

...

What should I do now? I don't want to deal with those who influence the game's storyline. But if I let him go and go back to the storyline, then a war will break out, and hundreds or even thousands of lives will be at stake...

I looked at his outstretched hand and replied hesitantly. "Lavenia..." I glanced at William who smiled sweetly. "Alfaret.." I continued.

His smile faded, replaced by a confused look on his face. "Lavenia Alfaret? Duke Alfaret's daughter? Is that you?" he asks after letting go of our hands, which I answered with a nod.

He sighed. "Turns out she's..." he muttered.

I furrowed my brow, looking at him in confusion.

What? What's about me?

He looked at me with a small smile that looked forced. "Then I'll go first, I have some business to do. Hopefully we'll meet again in the circumstances I want." He said before darting away.

What circumstances? What do you mean?

I looked at William who was swallowed by the crowd.

Wait, why did you leave?! I can't let you go! It's not funny if a war happens in the future because of you!

I ran, trying to catch up with William who was now out of sight. 

Unfortunately I couldn't find him until I was out of breath. I stopped, supporting myself with my hands on my knees. I looked around me while catching my breath. It's quite, there are only a few people here who can be counted with fingers. 

Wait a second... there's someone I know here. He's talking to a girl who is embracing another boy's hand, to be more precise, he looks angry.

That person is Arkanio. He who was always nosy and cheerful now looks really angry- no... looks sad?

My curiosity made me approach and hide behind the wall of the house near them, trying to eavesdrop.

"ENOUGH!" Arkanio's shout made me and the two people started.

"I'm disappointed... what am I lacking? I've done everything... I gave you everything! Every single thing that you want!" Arkanio's voice trembled, sounding like he was holding back his tears.

"You didn't give me everything! You didn't give me your time! You always cared about your sword practice! And also you disappeared without a word for a month." The woman turned her head away, looking annoyed.

Ok, I think I know what's going on here. In the game, it is told that Arkanio's first meeting with the heroine was when he was heartbroken because his lover was cheating on him. I'm sure this woman is his girlfriend- I mean his future ex-girlfriend.

Arkanio laughed sadly. "And you're looking for someone else just because of that? Because I've been missing for a month?"

He threw the flower he was holding down hard. "Take a good look at this flower! TAKE A LOOK!" He pointed to the several silver flower with small and thin petals which are now scattered under the woman's feet

"You know what? I risked my life for this damn flower! You know what this flower is, right? Flower that only grows on the cliffside of the forbidden area, and the flower you wanted so badly a month ago! I plan to give it on our one year anniversary, which is today! But what is this?! This is what I get in return?!" He covered his eyes with his right hand and tilted his head up.

The woman looked down silently, staring at the flower that Arkanio had worked so hard to get. She was about to speak but she stopped when she saw Arkanio who was really disappointed. While the man next to her was silent with a confused look on his face.

The three of them were silent for a while before Arkanio spoke again. "Let's break up, I'm tired. Your attitude never changes. You are selfish, only concerned with yourself. I was a fool to have fallen in love with you." Arkanio smiled bitterly, laughing to himself.

The woman was about to speak but Arkanio preceded her. "Go! Don't even think to appear in front of me again!" Arkanio lowered his hand from his face and glared at the two people in front of him. The man grabbed the woman's hand who was silent in fear, and they ran away.

Now Arkanio sat back with his face hidden in his folded hands.

Sigh... Arkanio is basically an idiot. He already knows that women are selfish, why would he want to be with a woman like that? He made a fatal mistake by making that woman his lover.

I came out of my hiding spot and walking towards Arkanio. He didn't budge at all, even when I stood in front of him. I squatted in front of him.

"Arkanio.." my call made Arkanio look up. 

His eyes, which were red from holding back tears, were now widen. "W- Wha- what are you doing here?" 

Arkanio looked around before looking back at me. I patted and stroked the top of his head. "Are you okay?" I asked spontaneously when I saw his teary eyes.

Geez... did I just say Are you okay? to him? Who am I kidding? Such a rhetorical question. It was clear that he looked like a dog that was abandoned by his master, was that question still needed? Sigh... I guess I'm more stupid than Arkanio.

Arkanio smiled sadly. "I wanted to say I'm fine." he clenched his fists.
Sigh... I don't know what to do... let alone fall in love, I've never been a love doctor.

"Forget about her, who knows in the future you will find a nicer woman than her. After all, there are many women, not just her." For example... you know who.

Arkanio chuckled. "Are you the nicer woman that you just mentions?? So you want to be my lover?" He said jokingly.

I stopped my hand that was caressing him and pretended to think. "Well, that's a good one. Seeing how you treat your ex-girlfriend fascinates me. But no thanks, I refuse. Big no."

"Big no? It's such a shame." He smiled a little.

I stood up and held out my hand. "How about we walk? Maybe that will cheer you up a bit."

"Hm... not a bad idea." He took my hand and stood up.

Arkanio and I walked back to the center of the city. 

Little did I know that someone was watching us from the start.