Chapter 16

Ring

The bell signaling customers coming rang when the gray-eyed man opened the cafe door.

He walked over to a table and sat there with crossed legs and hands, while I walked to the cashier counter.

There was one of Alastor's loyal servants.

"Excuse me, is chef Dryas available? I have an appointment with him." I said with a friendly smile.

She nodded and entered the kitchen. A few seconds later she came out with Alastor.

Alastor smiled brightly. "I thought you were waiting for me at your residence, who would have thought you came to me, cute little lady."

I smiled awkwardly. "Well, I'm the one who need you, not you who need me. It would be inappropriate if I told you to come."

He picked up the cupcake that were on display, then pulled my hand to one of the tables.

"Let's relax and talk casually, lady. A tense situation isn't pleasant, as everyone knows."

He pulled out a chair and motioned for me to sit down.

Hm? Are you trying to be polite? Well, just like in the game, this is your nature.

I sat down, and he placed the cupcake he was holding in front of me.

He sat across from me with his head propped up by his hands.

He smiled showing his fangs. "Please enjoy, cute little lady. It's my treat."

Oh my... Cute and handsome... So unfair! At this rate I'll get a heart attack!

"Thank you! Then I'll gladly accept this cake." I gave a small smile and started eating the cupcake.

....

IT'S YUMMY!! REALLY, I'M NOT LYING!! EVEN THOSE CUPCAKES IN MY WORLD ISN'T THIS GOOD!

Ok, it's settled! This person is so perfect! Cute, handsome, plus good at cooking. He really is perfect. I give you 4 thumbs up in my head.

I held my cheek and enjoyed this very delicious cupcake.

"Pft- chipmunk."

I turned my attention towards the sound, which is in front of me.

I saw a man with black cat mask holding back his laughter with one hand clenched near his mouth.

Ah... I forgot about this masked man...

He sat down next to Alastor, making Alastor stare at him. As usual, he put on a fake smile. "Hey, there. May I know who you are and what business do you have here? There are many empty seat, this seat is taken as you see."

The masked man looked at him as well and replied with a smile that I'm sure it's fake. "Hello! Don't mind me, I'm just accompanying this lady." he pointed at me with his thumb.

Hey, I didn't forget about my promise you know! Or are you that hungry?

I looked at the masked man and scratched my cheek out of habit. "Uhm... So... I thank you for helping me find my way here. As promised, you can order whatever you want. Just give me the bills." I smiled.

Luckily I brought money, otherwise I would have been a dishwasher here...

Alastor tapped the masked man's shoulder, still smiling. "Ah.. so, you're the one who helped my lady.. Thank you then. Just order anything, it's on me."

Huh? What? "That's not necessary! I-"

My words were cut off by the masked man's voice. "Listen, chef. This lady are the one who made the promise, so she's the one who must keep it. Or... is it your nature to treat someone you don't know with kindness? That is too bad then.. I think I'm alergy with someone kindness." He smiled.

Alastor's lips twitched. "Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not trying to be kind to you. I'm close to this cute little lady, so I can help her keep her word. It's my right, and perhaps my duty as her close friend to help her."

The masked man crossed his arms and legs. "Hm.. to friend is it..? Like, friends for real? I didn't hear her say your name or speak informally. I doubt you two are close friends." He put on a smug expression.

Alastor looks annoyed, his lips twitched AGAIN. Still smiling, and said, "We know each other's name, it's just that I don't want to be presumptuous of Nobles. I'm not like you who just met on the street coincidentally and acted like you close with my lady. Isn't that right, lady?"

What the- Why me? Don't bring me in your conversations! Why are you guys fighting for trivial reasons anyway?

Ugh! I don't know! I better just nod.

I nodded awkwardly. "Uhm.. Yes, Dryas..."

Alastor put on a smirk. "See? Now, can you go sit on the other seat? My lady and I need to talk. You, the stranger are not invited."

The masked man silent for a moment.

"Hm.. Then.." He reached out his hand and looked at me.

"Greetings, my name is Algebrio. It's a pleasure meet you, Lady Chipmunk."

....

RIGHT! HOW CAN I FORGOT ABOUT HIM?! WHY SHOULD IT BE THIS GUY THAT I MET?!

Sigh.. Ok, I'm dead. The villainess met all the capture targets. The ending was very predictable.

Well... what's done, is done. Let's just get along.

I took his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Sir Algebrio. And the name is Lavenia, not chipmunk."

I better not lie about my name since he is the head of the information guild.

He smirked. "Haha, Lady Lavenia is it? It's my pleasure to be your acquintance, Lady Lavenia." He kissed my hand, making me pull my hand in shock.

That surprised me! I know it's Noble things, but do you have to be obvious that you're a noble?! Even if you block your information, you shouldn't have give a clue to stranger!

"I hope we can become close friends." he smiled widely.

...

Yeah, and I hope not. You're a creepy guy and the most unpredictable character.

I forced my smile. "Yes, please take care of me."

He looks at me with an interested expression, for some reason.

Now what?! What do you think about me?! Seriously! How come Lavenia is this unlucky?!

Ugh! It's no doubt gonna be more troublesome in the future!

Please! Pleaseeee! Dissapear from my life, capture targets!