Chapter 39

Panic? Of course! How could I not panic when I saw the hands that made those delicious cakes melt?!

To imagine I can't feel that taste anymore... I just can't! I don't accept! I want to cry! Someone please!! What should I do?!!

I, who was panicking at first, gasped when I felt something thrown against my forehead. I looked down at my feet and found a crumpled paper. I looked at Alastor who I thought was the culprit.

...seriously? Where did you even get the paper from?

he sighed. "Don't panic, demons have very good and fast regeneration." He showed his hand which looked fine, like nothing had ever happened before.

Sigh... you startled me... luckily what I imagined didn't happen. But...

"Even so that doesn't change the fact that you were injured... doesn't it hurt?" I looked at him worriedly.

He looked at me from head to toe.

Uh... why? What's wrong? Is there something wrong with me? I'm sure I'm not wearing pajamas.

He sighed, glanced at my slightly open bedroom door, then looked at me. "If you know it's bad for me then you better remove the damn pin."

He pointed at a blue pin that had been attached to my collar for some time.

Uh... isn't this the pin Damarius gave me? Since when did I put this on me?

I took it off and threw the pin on the bed. "So? What's the news?"

Without answering my question he suddenly lifted me bridal style, making me gape.

"What are you doing?!" I tried to get out of his arms.

"Shut your mouth and stay still if you don't want to fall." He threatened.

You damn devil! If you weren't the demon prince I would have broken your neck!

Wait... what do you mean by fall..?

"Don't tell me you-"

Before I finished my sentence, he spread out his huge wings and flapped them, sending us flying high. I wrapped my arms around his neck reflexively and closed my eyes.

Ugh... why did you have to use your wings...

"Coward. Open your eyes and look ahead." Alastor's words made me open my eyes and stare at him in annoyance.

Where is your playboy nature? Now you're more annoying than when you put on a fake smile you know?

"You should have warned me before flying! I almost had a heart attack! If I die young you must be responsible!" I grumbled in annoyance, but still looking ahead as he told.

Wow... Beautiful! The sky is currently orange with tinges of yellow and red. And you can actually see the moon glowing, even though the sun had not set completely

I touched the clouds that were above me. It turned out that I could hold the cloud, and the texture felt like cotton. Very soft!

Ok, this is illogical, but who cares? I entered the game also illogical.

"Nice, isn't it? Now look down." Alastor's words made me glare at him and shake my head hard. I tightened my arms on Alastor's neck.

What do you mean?! Are you crazy? Why should I look down just because you told me to? I'm sure one hundred percent sure it'll look just like I'm looking down while riding the drop tower ride.

Furthermore, I'm sure I'd be feeling really dizzy and nauseous considering this is the sky which is actually higher than the drop tower.

"Haha... you coward. In my whole life I have never seen someone as cowardly as you when flying." He chuckled, making me a little surprised when I heard his real laugh.