Chapter 25

The tears won't stop falling.

Ugh... It get worse when I think about my family...

I really miss my mom.. usually she would hug me when I cry or sad.

"Being here, in a world that is far from home, and unfamiliar to me, aren't my will... I want to go home... hic... there's no one here that I know... I miss my parents.. I want to go back to my family sob... I want to joke with my friends again...

I wish that I could return to my world by granting Lavenia's wish, even though- hic I know it's impossible. I want to believe if this can be possible.” I covered my face with my hands.

My sobs got louder.

It's embarrassing... but I can't help but feel sad.

Living in another world suddenly and replacing one's soul is not as easy and exciting as it seems in the novels I read. And what's more, I still have many regrets.

The universe is really cruel towards me. For real! It's not fair!

Like it wasn't enough to send me to another world, I become the antagonist! And even worse, I becomes the terminally ill antagonist in the otome game!

This is very difficult for me who has only experiencing ordinary life in my previous life!

My chances of dying young here are very high! I really don't know what will happen to me if I die in this world... there's no guarantee I can go back to my world.

I have to admit, I'm not as smart as those peoples who was transmigrated as the antagonist in the novels I read.

They can survive because of their intelligence or their kindness. But I'm just an ordinary person who isn't very smart nor that good.

The proof is now. Look at this, it hasn't been a week, yet my secret has been revealed in one of the capture targets.

I don't know how he found out about this. But clearly this happened because of my inability to hide my secret from them.

The burden of knowing that this world is just a game, and the fact that I became one of the characters in it, it's too much.

And I really can't do anything... I feel like I'm alone here...

Suddenly I felt a gentle pat on my head.

Ugh.. stop it, Reymond. You make me look like a child. Don't you know that it's all your fault for making me like this?

You should just think I'm talking nonsense. If you trust me and try to calm me down because of this, then you're only making me sadder. I just want to think of this world as a game, and dream.

The gentle patting on my head stopped, but his hand was still on top of my head.

"...not Reymond." A familiar voice made me lower my hands and look at Damarius who was standing beside me.

He looked at me with a sad look, while Reymond looking down.

Sigh... You can't be trusted...

So all this time Damarius was here? I thought you wanted to talk two eyes with me?

Sigh... what should I do now..?

I stared at Damarius awkwardly for a moment, then looked down.

Ugh, he must be mad that I pretended to be Lavenia...

"I'm not mad." Damarius' words took me by surprise.

I looked up, looking into his moissanite eyes.

"Like you said, this wasn't what you wanted. What happened has already happened, no use blaming others and yourself." Damarius sighed and smiled reassuringly at me.

...

I forgot that Damarius is a magician. They can read minds if... ah! His hand!

I removed his hand from the top of my head. I looked at Damarius sharply.

Disrespectful! Don't just read someone's mind! If only I could do magic, I'd turn you into a frog for the price of reading my mind, hmph!

Damarius smiled a little, holding back his laughter. "I'm not an ordinary magician, I can still read your mind even without making physical contact."

Ugh! Look at him! "It's not fair! You're so disrespectful! You don't respect someone's privacy!" I turned my face away.

"I value privacy, exceptions for now. And mind reading without physical contact or long distances will drain my magical energy anyway."

Hmph! But look! You still read my mind. So disrespectful.

"Wait, wait a minute..." Reymond's voice made me and Damarius stare at him.

He stood and looked at me. "So the conclusion is that Lady Alfaret and you have died, and you took possession of her body to grant her wish, in hope that you can return to your world, is that right?"

I nodded. My tears have stopped since I talked to Damarius.

Reymond looked at me with mixed feelings. "this is so illogical.."he muttered.

I stared at Reymond expressionlessly. "Sigh.. it's true that this doesn't make sense, I thought so too. But, the world you live in doesn't make sense either."

I looked at Damarius that was looking at me. "In my world, magic is just a fantasy, it's not real. No one can use magic."

Damarius looked at me in horror. "A world where magic doesn't exist... can't imagine..."

I tilted my head, holding my chin. "But there are many sophisticated tools that are just as useful as magic. Too many to mention."

"Is there a possibility that you two swap bodies?" Reymond's words made me think for a moment.

"Hm.. it seems impossible. I fell off a cliff, and it's certain that my body is out of shape." They were both went silent.

I stand up. "Sigh... are you done interrogating me? If so, I'm going to take afternoon nap." I walked out, leaving Damarius and Reymond that currently lost in their thoughts.

I stopped in front of the door. My eyes widen.

Oh my gosh... you've got to be kidding me!

There, in front of the door, Helios stood with a blank look.

Don't tell me he heard everything...

Helios flinched and took some step back. He looked at me with teary eyes.

Seriously! I'm certain that the universe is really not on my side.

Sigh... Today couldn't get any worse than this...