Chapter 53

"Dear His Majesty the Crown Prince. I want to ask for a favor regarding the request that His Majesty promised me at that time... Ugh! How do you write a proper letter?!" In frustration, I crumpled the paper I was working on and threw it into the nearby trash can. The wad of paper almost filled the can.

"Sigh... Writing letters is harder than I thought. Now I miss my phone."

I'm facing various issues that are causing me trouble. Firstly, I'm finding it challenging to differentiate between formal and informal letter writing. Secondly, I'm worried that the language I use might offend the crown prince. Thirdly, an eraser or correction pen is unavailable, so it becomes problematic when I make mistakes in my writing. Additionally, the pen that I use to write is a feather, which makes it even more difficult for me to write.

"Ugh! I want to curse whoever made me transmigrate in this era..."

Sigh... I want snacks...

I got up from my chair and walked out of the room. The quiet hallway made me remember that it was midnight.

...I just realized that I still haven't figured out the layout of this mansion and where all the rooms are located.

Hesitantly I stood in front of Vasilius' room which was next to mine.

Should I knock?

Hm... Forget it, it's already midnight. I don't want to disturb his rest.

I walked down the hall, opening the doors to each room. Although some are locked.

Sigh... This mansion is unnecessarily big. Most of the rooms I passed were empty or unused rooms.

I went down the stairs and met Helios. He wore a butler suit as usual.

"Excuse me, Lady Lavenia. May I know where you are headed?"

"Uhm... I'm looking for the kitchen." I said awkwardly.

Helios looked at me in surprise. "Are you perhaps hungry?"

"Uhm.. Just wanted some snack." I scratched my cheek.

"You don't need to bother going to get it yourself. I will bring snacks to your room. Please wait for a moment." Helios was about to leave, but I stopped him by holding his hand.

"That's not necessary, I can get it myself. Uh... You just need to tell me where the kitchen is."

Helios stared at me for a moment. "Alright, at least let me accompany you."

I nodded and let go of Helios' hand.

He walked in front of me in silence. Not long after, the two of us arrived in front of the room located next to the dining room.

...Of course, the kitchen must be located near the dining room. Why didn't I think of it?

Welp, maybe because the kitchen and dining room in my previous house weren't close together. The dining room is next to the living room, while the kitchen is on the other side.

Creak

When Helios opened the door, a strong aroma of flour and spices hit my nostrils.

BAM

Shocked, I froze and held my heart as my eyes darted towards the kitchen where a girl with green hair, neatly cut bangs, and grayish-black sparkling eyes stood.

"Lady Edelyn. Do you need anything?" Helios approached and picked up the sack of flour dropped by Edelyn.

Ah... I forgot that there is already a heroine in this mansion.