Chapter 21

"Please put my mother down.. forgive her for speaking so carelessly. Please forgive my mother."

Damarius seemed to ignore the heroine- I mean Edelyn who was now kneeling on his feet.

"St-and up cough Edelyn! Yo-u are their cough sister! Don't- kneel!"

Edelyn's mother gave Damarius a sharp look, which he replied with a look that was no less sharp. By means more sharp.

Damarius' jet-black eyes clashed with Edelyn's mother's green eyes.

Damarius tightened his grip even more.

Come on! Why are you guys being such an annoying and brutal child?! Please stop!

I looked at Vasilius who was looking at me worriedly and deep in thought.

Hey! Vasilius! Can't you see that woman over there is dying?! Do something!

Vasilius snapped from his thought and grabbed my shoulder. "Lania, go upstairs, they'll be finished in a minute. We'll catch up later. Helios, Arkanio, take Lania to her room to rest."

Wait! Wait! What do you mean they'll be finished?! Really! Don't do anything! What would you guys do to-

Wait.. don't tell me you'll strangle her to death..

Vasilius! Don't tell me you just let Damarius do this!

Vasilius leaned against the wall next to the door and just watched.

Oh my gosh, please.. sorry but- WHAT THE HECK?! VASILIUS! WHY ARE YOU JUST WATCHING?! DO SOMETHING!

Vasilius closed his eyes, making me gape. I'm at lost of words.

SERIOUSLY?! YOU ALL SICK! REALLY SICK

I saw Edelyn's mother starting to limp.

HEY! SHE WILL DIE! LOOK AT HER STARTING TO LIMP! DO YOU WANT TO KILL PEOPLE?!

I look at Damarius, he doesn't seem to have any intention of letting go of the Edelyn's mother.

I'm starting to panic. Everything goes crazy in my mind. It's all messed up.

YOU ALL CRAZY! THIS FAMILY WILL FALL IN RUIN! THIS IS CRAZY! YOU WANT TO BE A MURDERER?!

"DARIUS! STOP!"

I shut my mouth. My mind immediately calmed down and I realized what I was doing.

Ah damn, in the end I got involved. I want but I can't regret it. There's no back down in it now.

Damarius released his grip and looked at me with complicated look.

Edelyn's mother fell and coughed, she then inhale as much oxygen as possible, while Edelyn ran to her mother and rubbed her back.

I looked at Damarius who was looking at me with a look I couldn't decipher.

Vasilius sighed heavily. "Didn't I tell you to take Lania to her room?"

Ignoring other people, I'm glaring a dagger to Damarius.

Hey! Are you aware or not that you almost killed someone?! That's the life of someone you almost took, you psycho! You're insane!

Damarius sighed and walked towards me.

What?! This time you want to kill me because I stopped you?! I am not afraid!

Damarius looked at me intensely.

Alright, nevermind.. I'm scared! Peace! I ask for peace! What kind of eyes do you have?! Why is it so scary?!

...

Even though I'm scared, I will still stop you if it involves someone's life...

Well, I really don't have the heart if a life is wasted. It is LIFE you were playing with.

Don't joke with me using someone's life as if it's not valuable.

I took a few steps back slowly as Damarius drew closer, I'm still glaring at him. Then my legs suddenly couldn't move.

Ugh, I wish I could use magic too! Unfair!

I glare at Damarius with fists clenched.

Helios stood in front of me as Damarius get close, taking me by surprise.

I looked at Helios who was standing straight in front of me with his head bowed.

"Pardon my negligence and impudence, I will take Lady Lavenia to her room according to the young duke's orders."

Wait! I don't agree! What if they really kill them while I'm not here?!

Damarius keep silent and sighed.

I feel like my legs can move again.

I dashed in. "I'll be here until this matter is over. Don't try to stop me."

My hand was gently pulled by Helios. "Lady Lavenia, as per orders, you need to return to your room to rest." Helios looked at me with worried eyes.

You really...

I pinched Helios' chin with my index finger and thumb.

I tilted Helios' face slightly down to look at me.

"Helios. Who are you obeying now? Who's your real master? I told you, right? I'll be here until this matter is over. And don't try to stop me. Are my words not clear enough?" I emphasized my sentence.

I lifted my chin arrogantly and looked at Helios defiantly, looked at him intensely.

Really, you forced me to do this. Sorry Helios, I promise I'll treat you later.

Helios shook and looked down.

"...as per your command, Lady Lavenia. I will obey you. But please have a seat, your condition might get worse."

I let go of my fingers and sat down on a sofa that was still sturdy, though slightly torn. It's actually still comfortable.

I stared intently at Vasilius, while he stared at me blankly.

Damarius entered and stood beside Vasilius, while Arkanio stood next to him.

I rested my head on my hand and crossed my legs.

"So? What's going on here? Who are these two?"

I look at the Edelyn and her mother with a bored look.

They both look at me. The heroine's mother look at me with rage, while the heroine.. I don't know, her bangs and messy hair covering her face

The guards outside closed the door, while the maids standing still with closed eyes.

There were several maids who were bruised. I bet all my savings, the culprit is Edelyn's mother.

Sigh.. this is it, the start of the drama in this game.

You want a definite position in this mansion right, Lavenia?

Ok, I'll make it happen.

Just you see and rest assured, I won't let those two usurp your position in this mansion.

You'lll stay here as Duke Alfaret's only daughter.