Chapter 22

The two people in front of me fell silent.

"So? What do you need?" I looked at Edelyn's mother with a bored look.

She glared at me. "Ha! You are being too arrogant as someone who is about to die." Edelyn's mother smiled mockingly.

Well, I don't plan on dying fyi.

"Ah.. I forgot to ask. What's your name?"

"You think I'd just say my name just because you asked? Just call me duchess. And hey, watch your tone! I'm going to be a duchess later, you have to respect me." Edelyn's mother said arrogantly.

I'm laughing.

Oh my gosh, this woman is really great at dreaming.

I stopped laughing and glared at her.

But too bad, it's just a dream.

"I don't ask nor care. Tell me what's your name. Tell me what you're going for. And tell me what you're doing here." I lifted my chin and glared at her.

She fell silent with furrowed brows.

I looked at Edelyn and pointing her lazily. "That goes for you too."

Edelyn flinched and looked down. "We-"

Her words were cut off by her mother who covered her mouth. "Shut up, Edelyn. This girl is nothing, just you wait and keep silent." She glared at me.

Oh? So this is how you play?

I turned my attention to the Alfaret duo. "So? Did you two mind telling me what happened?"

Damarius was silent, while Vasilius stared at me.

Vasilius sighed. "You really... they both claim to be dad's daughter and wife. They barged in and attacked the workers who stopped them. You should have let Darius and I handle them both." Damarius nodded in response.

You mean kill them? Don't joke with me. I won't let you guys do that, even in your dreams guys.

I returned my attention to the heroine and her mother. I tap my left hand fingers.

There was no voice nor sounds, only the sound of the clock and the tapping of my fingers could be heard.

I stopped tapping my finger. "Ok, let them stay. Did anyone have a problem with this?" I raised my eyebrow.

My decision made everyone in the room look at me in disbelief.

Well, it's not strange that their reactions are like that. I let 2 strangers that really have no manners stay in this mansion.

Since there was no one against it, I clapped my hands once. "Ok, since this is father's problem, then the final decision can only be made by father. So, let them stay here until we are done discussing with father." I said with a smile.

"Ah.. But on one condition." I continued, fading my smile.

I saw 2 green haired people in front of me. "Apologize to those you have attacked."

The maids and Edelyn's mother widened their eyes.

Edelyn's mother stood up. "What nonsense are you talking about?! You're telling me, who is about to become a duchess, to apologize to the lowly maids?! Are you crazy?! There's no way I would do such a lowly thing!" She said aloud.

The maids looked at Edelyn's mother with hateful eyes.

I suppressed my smile, maintaining my cold expression.

Oh my, I knew she'd do something stupid like this. Being hated before staying in this mansion will not make your position higher and respected. Say goodbye to your reputation~

"So... you two refuse to apologize? No problem, the exit is on your right." I smile.

Edelyn's mother glared at me. "Stop playing games with me, you sick girl! You're not even the head of this residence!"

...

Hey.. did you know? That's a great idea! I think playing with you a little would be fun.

I smiled slyly inside my head.

I looked at the injured maids. "All of you, come here." I said in a gentle tone accompanied by a small smile.

They stared at each other, then stepped forward and lined up in front of me.

I turned my head to the left, looking at Helios who was standing straight professionally.

"Helios, call a guard." I whispered to Helios.

He nodded and went to call the guard that standing outside the door without asking what for.

Geez... You're so loyal. Too loyal...

But that's good a news for me. Don't worry, Helios. I promise to make time for you. But not now or tomorrow, I'm busy you see.

The guard came closer to me.

He bowed for a moment then stood straight in front of me.

I pulled out his sword, making him a little surprised.

Hm.. Quite sharp, although a little heavy.

I walked past the lined up maids and went behind Edelyn and her mother.

I pointed the sword I was holding at the front of Edelyn's mother's neck who was currently standing stiffly.

I step closer and whispered. "It's true that I'm not the head of this mansion, but I'm still a member of the family here. You, whose status is a stranger, dare to hurt the people of this mansion? Do you think we, especially me, will turn blind eye for this problem? If so, you're wrong."

Edelyn's mother gritted her teeth. "You wouldn't dare! You think by killing me you will live in peace?! You will be punished for killing innocent citizens!"

I raised my eyebrow and put some distance between me and her. "Just for information. Firstly, you are not an innocent citizen. You broke into our mansion and attacked the peoples in this mansion.

Second, I don't mind if my reputation turns bad, which is unlikely to happen since it's you who are at fault here. I just did what I had to do to protect our family members.

Third, I'm sure you've heard the rumors out there about me having a terminal illness. I don't know who leaked it. But, it's definitely someone who works here." I looked around and found a maid who's flinched.

Such a blabbermouth maid we have... I'll punish her later.

I looked at Edelyn's mother who looked uneasy. "Let's take it like what you said that I'm going to die soon. Then I'll definitely be lonely there. How about this? I take you with me. Isn't that a great idea?" I smiled widely.

Edelyn's mother was shaking. "Wh- what are you talking about, you crazy girl?!"

I tilted my head. "Looks like you still don't understand after I've explained at length, and that sucks. What I'm trying to say, either you apologize or your life ends in my hands." I emphasize my last sentence.

Let's see whether you are so stupid and choose your pride over your precious life, or you'll be wise and lower your self-esteem.