Chapter 10

I stood up, about to walk to my room.

"You know it is late at night, right?"

I was surprised and turned to my right.

There was Vasilius who was wearing a formal suit, his violet hair was a bit messy but still neat, and let's not forget his crystal blue eyes that seemed to shine in this dark night, beating out the lights that illuminated the garden.

He crossed his arms and staring at me, make me scared to look at him in the eye.

I looked down and fiddled with my fingers.

"Didn't I tell you to get some rest? Why are you out at night like this? You know the night wind aren't good for your health."

I scratched my cheek that wasn't itchy. "I'm just trying to get some fresh air.. Staying in the room makes me bored, and I'm already feeling better because of the potion Darius gave me.."

He stunned for a moment, then said, "...huh? Darius?"

I nodded my head, still looking down.

"What the- geez, forget it. Hey! Raise your head up. It's rude to talk to someone without looking in their eyes."

Well, true.. But I'm afraid of you, so let me be.

I shook my head. "Geez, you really- sigh.. I'm tired, want to rest. Let's go inside."

My hand was grabbed and pulled by him.

I saw his steps wobbled a little but so fast, I almost fell because it's so fast.

I lifted my head, staring at his slightly bent back. "Brother Valius? You just got back from a meeting?"

He took a deep breath. "Ugh.. that's how it is. They're so troublesome."

He slowed his pace and walked beside me without letting go of my hand.

"It must be very difficult to be the heir.." I looked at him which made him look at me.

"As you can see, it would be a lie if I said no. Sigh.. I don't know what our dad thought, made me the heir, even though Darius is older than me.

But I'm a little grateful that Darius isn't burdened by this obligation. I can't even enjoy my meal these days." Vasilius ruffled his hair.

I stopped in my tracks, making Vasilius stop as well.

I let go of our intertwined hands, then I looked at Vasilius who was looking at me with raised eyebrows. "Do you have time tomorrow?"

"Huh? Why?" he furrowed his brow. I continued on my way, and so did Vasilius.

"Uhm.. I heard from one of the maids, in the corner of this dukedom there is a cafe that makes very delicious cakes, maybe you can accompany me to buy them- it's okay if you can't though.." I lowered my voice at the end. The cliche way to makes a gentle person like him agree.

And about the maids, of course I lied. I pity him, so I can't help but reccommend our dear demon prince cafe. I'm sure he'll enjoy Dryas' or should I say Alastor's cakes.

I glanced at Vasilius, waiting for an answer from him. "Well.. Sure, looks like I can put my work aside for tomorrow." Vasilius smiled gently.

Ugh, so dazzling! My eyes are purified by his good looks!

And hey! What did I say, he would agree. I smiled brighter than him, showing my teeth. "Thank you!"

He humed. "Should we bring Darius?"

I thought for a moment. "Sure. Like they said, the more the merrier."

Vasilius chuckled. "Well said. I guess it'll be fun." I nodded in agreement.

He stopped in his tracks, and so did I. "Hey, Lania. Look to your left."

I turned my face to the left, staring at the portrait of the mysterious woman that I saw on the way to that garden.

"What do you think?" He asked with a soft voice.

"Uhm.. I think she is beautiful?" Idk... I've never heard anything about her.

Vasilius chuckled. Well, more like a sad laugh if you ask me. "Really? Indeed, she does look beautiful in that portrait. If only she wasn't killed..."

What?! Wait a moment! She was killed?! I looked at Vasilius in disbelief. "Killed? What happened?"

"Yes.. she was killed.. eleven years ago, our mother was killed. But until now it is still unknown who killed her. I feel pissed." Vasilius clenched his fists.

Eleven years ago... meaning when Helios' parents were killed! Could it be that organization?!

Wait.. No no.. I can't conclude without evidence.

Vasilius exhaled roughly. "I swear they'll pay for it. Really, they have the guts to do such a thing, meanings they're ready for the consequences. I won't let this matter go. I'll make they lives their life like hell." His voice becomes heavy and contains hate in it. I who felt it got a goosebumps.

I was about to speak, but Vasilius took my hand and continue to walk, not too fast this time. "Let's talking about it tomorrow, for now you should sleep. Go get some rest."

I raise my eyebrows. Weren't you the one who started talking to me?

"Brother too, get some rest! Don't stay up late, because we have plans for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that famous delicious cake!" I pursed my lips, trying to dilute the cold aura he gave off.

He chuckled. He seems to be a little bit calm now. "Really? You can't wait for tomorrow?"

I nodded vigorously. "Yes! I can't wait!"

He smiled widely. "Hm.. then, I'm looking forward to it too."

***

Anddd here I am, regretting saying that thing.

I wasn't looking forward to the day when 4 capture targets looking at me, who was coughing up blood in the middle of enjoying a very delicious cake, with every of them have a panicked and worried face.

Darn it! Why did the illness appear earlier than the story told?!