Chapter 32

Right now Arkanio and I were walking side by side towards the city center where I was before. 

When we arrived at a slightly crowded place, Arkanio suddenly stopped in front of me. He blocked my path while looking at me with stern expression.

I tilted my head a little. "What's wrong? Do you need something?"

Arkanio fell silent, glancing behind me. The curious me followed Arkanio's gaze. There was a person in a familiar brown robe leaning against a wall and eating a... I don't know what's that- maybe some kind of apple?

He removed his hood, revealing his navy-black hair. I am now sure that he is Alvanio. Even though his mask has now changed to a bear, I still recognize his white eyes that always amaze me.

He smiled and waved, greeting me. I waved back, smiling a little.

He came over to me after finishing the fruit and threw it away.

Suddenly Arkanio pulled me back. His tall body and broad shoulders blocked my view from Alvanio.

"Hey now, aren't you being rude by pointing a sharp object to a stranger?" Alvanio's voice sounded calm, but seemed a little disturbed.

"I don't like talking to enemy. Tell me what do you want. Why did you following  us? Did someone send you? Or are you just a shameless stalker?" Arkanio's voice sounded heavy now.

After that, neither of them spoke. It seemed they were staring intently at each other.

I tapped Arkanio's shoulder with my index finger lightly many times, but he didn't budge even once.

"Uhm... Arka? He's not an enemy, he's an acquaintance of mine." My words made Arkanio turn to me.

"This person? Are you not mistaken?" He glanced at Alvanio suspiciously.

I tilted my body, looked Alvanio up and down then straightened my body. "I'm not mistaken, he is my acquaintance."

Arkanio was silent for a moment then stepped away from me.

I saw Alvanio walking over with a smile. "Hello, Lady Squirrel. What are you doing here?"

"Walk. How about you?" I tilted my head a little.

"I'm looking for him." He said while pointing at Arkanio with his thumb.

Arkanio frowned. "Me? I don't even know you."

Alvanio put his arm around Arkanio's shoulders, tiptoeing slightly due to the height difference. "But I know this great white knight. Everyone knows you."

Arkanio pushed away the hand that was presumptuously wrapped his shoulders. "What do you want?"

Alvanio was silent for a moment, looking around. Then he pointed to one of the people in the crowd. "Can you catch that person?" He said to Arkanio.

"That man? Why should I catch him?"

Alvanio shrugged his shoulders. "I can't tell you. But clearly the crown prince is looking for him" He took out a pin and showed it to Arkanio. 

The pin is engraved with a golden-red crown. Usually given to someone who receives a mission directly from the crown prince. If anyone duplicates the pin, torture and death penalty will be given.

But that doesn't seem to be a problem for someone, because he's never been caught once. And that person is Alvanio. The information guild leader who is very good at hiding his crimes.

Speaking of his criminal acts, I remember one scene on his route where he killed several people who wanted to destroy his guild. And to make matters worse, no one remembers them, as if they never existed. I don't know what he did.