Chapter 50

Sigh... Finally, they were caught, although William also managed to escape this time.

"Let's go home," Damarius said as he snapped his fingers. Instantly William's underlings disappeared, which I assume were teleported to prison.

Uh... Teleport is more comfortable than a horse carriage, though it makes me dizzy. But...

"The party isn't over yet, right?"

"Your title is higher than theirs, it's not a problem to leave in the middle of the party."

An arm wrapped around my shoulder. "Lord Alfaret, Lady Alfaret's partner tonight is me. I would be very sad if Lady Alfaret left me in the middle of the party."

Damarius raised his index finger and swiped upwards, removing Alvanio's hand with magic. "Don't care."

...What's wrong with this guy?

"Marquess Fabian is right, the one invited is me. It would be very impolite if I left my partner alone."

"Then he can go home too."

...? Why is this person so persistent?

"Brother, if you want to go home then go home. I'm not a child who can't go home with the help of her family."

"Don't want to."

"Why?"

"Just because."

Ok, now you're being very childish.

"Now now, Lord Alfaret, let's just enjoy the party tonight. There's no harm in spending time here." Julianus stood beside me while glancing at me with a small smile.

Damarius shut his mouth, and then he looked at me before letting out a deep sigh. With a snap of his fingers, the clothes Damarius was wearing changed, from casual clothes to a black suit mixed with lavender that matched my hair.

Alvanio whistled. "Now these siblings look good together. Perfectly dazzling!" He shifted quickly to my side. "Since this lady has received permission, should we join this lively party?" Alvanio led me down the hall, holding my hand with a smile, but his quick pace made it difficult for me to keep up.

***

In the party room, orchestral music floated softly in the air. The dance floor was filled with elegantly and stunningly dressed guests. "They danced with great grace, creating an enchanting and captivating performance."

Everyone appears with a partner of their choice. Alvanio is no exception, he is now surrounded by girls who ask him to dance.

I feel sorry for him, having to control his emotions just because he's a noble. But it's his fault. Who told him to rarely attend parties and show up with that charming face of his? No girl can resist being drawn to an attractive man, you know. And look at that, Julianus was no less disturbed. I could sense the annoyance hidden behind their smiles.

For some reason, I feel like laughing...

I tried not to burst out laughing as I scanned the room.

There is a dining table filled with delicious dishes and the best wine. Waiters in formal attire serve special dishes that have been carefully prepared. The tempting aroma of the food made the guests' appetites increase, including mine.

Ugh... I want Alastor's cake... I really can't get enough of his cake...

"Sick? Tell me if you feel uncomfortable."

Sigh... And here comes tonight's intruder, Lavenia's non-blood brother.

Yup, Damarius.

He's been standing next to me all this time without greeting a single person, including the party organizer.