Chapter 56: (Damarius backstory)

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. To my right, there is a boy with blonde hair who is sitting and reading a book.

I tried to get up, but the weight of my head pulled me back to lie down.

The boy diverted his attention from the book. He looked at me with his green eyes that looked unfocused.

"Are you awake? Wait, I'll call my brother." He got up from his seat and went out quickly.

Meanwhile, I looked around the room which looked spacious, neat, and luxurious. Very different from my small house.

I thought about so many things that I didn't realize the boy was back with a teenage guy who looked similar.

The guy approached me with the strange tools he was carrying. "Hello! Have you just woken up? Does something hurt?" He asked while smiling harmlessly.

I just stared at the guy who looked like a good person. Then stared at the strange tools that he had brought. 

He, who seemed to be aware of the meaning of my gaze, showed the tools in front of me. 

"Did you know this? This is a tool to check whether you are injured or not." He explained while sitting next to me.

"Can I check your body? Don't worry, this won't feel at all. I'll just check the condition of your body and wounds."

With a little hesitation, I nodded, looking at the guy and the little boy alternately.
The boy just stared at the guy's face blankly.

"Oh, by the way, my name is Neo Gregory. What's yours?" The guy, named Neo, was busy with his tools while occasionally looking at me.

I could only remain silent, shaking my head slowly.

"Huh? What's wrong? Do you not remember your name?" asked the guy again.

I opened my mouth, saying my condition slowly and without a sound.

"Why are you silent? Are you mute?" The boy blinked his eyes, which looked like they were looking at my nose(?).

"Rey, you can ask using more polite words." Neo looked at the boy named Rey intently, then looked at me with an awkward smile. "You said you lost your voice, right?"

I nodded.

"Since when?"

I talked again without a sound. But it seemed like reading my mouth was difficult, so the boy gave me a book and pen.

"You can write, right? It would be very troublesome if you couldn't." The boy muttered at the end of his sentence, which resulted in a smack on his head.

"I told you to change your attitude. With behavior like that, it will be difficult for many people to like you."

The boy held his head while wrenching. "I don't need to be liked by lots of people whose faces I won't remember. I don't like your behavior towards me either, you should change." the boy grumbled.

"I will change if you change your attitude." Neo sighed tiredly while packing up his tools.

I could only remain silent, watching their interaction until the boy looked(?) back at me.

"You haven't answered yet. Can you write?" The boy asked, which I answered with a nod.

"Write what you want to say," he said, so I looked at the plain little book that looked nice. It looks like it's made of expensive material. The magic scroll made by Father looks much different from this...

I realized something and then looked to my right and left.

When I couldn't find what I was looking for, I wrote it on the paper, then showed the writing 'Where is my father?'.