3

Draco woke with a gasp and his lungs practically seized in his chest. One quick glance around the room showed that the man was no longer in the room, though Draco did not doubt that he would be entering it soon enough. He would not let his newest addition wander about unsupervised, that was just stupid, particularly since it was obvious that he knew that the spells that Draco had used against his followers were of the dark variety. Spells a common fifteen year old would not, and should not, be able to use. He heaved a breath in, trying to calm his racing heart.

Why...exactly is it that I did...for this. Of all my luck, I just had to be jerked backwards...in time nonetheless, and somehow I am supposed to survive Grindelwald! On top of that how am I supposed to survive the World War? Grindelwald...I...I met Grindelwald....Draco jolted himself upwards from the bed, goosebumps shivering down his spine. He had met grindelwald...of all the people he could have met and not only did he meet him but he had shouted, screamed, and then fainted in front of him...Draco felt the mortification flood through his veins as he recalled his interactions with the man. He could not believe that he had not recognized him, then again it was not as though Draco spent time idolizing the man...well, at least not since he was about six. He used to study the other quite religiously, but that was because he quite enjoyed Grindelwald, even as a preteen he knew that the other was admirable. Furthermore, more was known about Grindelwald than about the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord was impressive in his own right, but it was hard to idolize someone that barely anyone had any concrete facts about outside of terrifying.

He was correct in his thoughts that Grindelwald would rush inside not too long after he woke, because the other man ended up entering the room not too soon after Draco's disparing thoughts over the fact that he had basically ruined his reputation with an infamous Dark Lord.

"S-Sir," Draco stuttered slightly, clearing his throat and bowing his head slightly. "I apologize for not recognizing you, it was not my intention to be so...lax in my greetings, or decorum for that matter."

"There is no need to apologize," The Lord said simply, an idle shrug of his shoulders. "It was to be expected, considering the circumstances." Draco stared at him with wide eyes. He could not believe how...already how accomidating that the Lord was. The Dark Lord would likely have had a long punishment in line for him, and that was assuming he was not given some form of mercy and just crucioed for his audacity.

"Still, I should," Draco muttered under his breath, his fingers stiff as he tried to keep from fidgeting. Tis Lord's presence was not anywhere close to the all consuming and suffocating presence of Him, but it was still hard for him to handle at times.

"Where are your parents? Or guardians? My people took you and brought you here, I would be remiss if I did not let you return to where it was that you were from." Draco licked his lips. He knew that tactic. Trying to see if you can't get more people to blackmail me with, or manipulate probably. That or tying to obtain more information, not that it is going to be much use either way. Draco sighed, this train of thought was not doing him any good. Furthermore, it was useless either way. He did not have any parents in this time, and nobody would be willing to take some random Pureblood, of questionable descent. Even if it was obvious that he came from one of the noble lines, it was dangerous. Particularly in this time, with tensions as it were.

"My parents are not...they are not here. I suspect they are dead now, or at least thrown in prison. One of the two, though which I am not entirely sure." Grindelwald's face twitched, if Draco had not been born and bred to notice such things, he would not have, but as it were he recognized that look, even if it was given for just a split second. The other had a thought...though what it was was drowned out because he did not linger on.

"Very well, I suppose you can stay with me for a little while, considering the situation. I will find a place for you to reside...where did you live, prior to being found by my people." Draco swallowed.