8

Draco felt himself angry. He had lashed out, questioned, and he was bound to be in quite the level of trouble for these transgressions. He had no idea what he had been thinking. Furthermore, he had stormed off. These things could not just be...forgiven. He was not that stupid. The Lord may think he was deluding him, letting him lower his guard, but Draco was not stupid. He would not allow himself to be lured by this Dark Lord. There were some things that were merely set into stone. Draco had lashed out, knowingly or not. There has to be a punishment for that, at the very least. If not that then the way I stormed off. It was highly disrespectful. Nobody would allow such things to just...be let go. He had no idea what was going on now. He had thought that he had a rather good standing of the way things worked. Perhaps it is the time difference. Draco thought to himself, and forced himself to just shrug and let it go. There was nothing more that he could do, and trying to argue matters was not going to help anyone in his head. He still had to figure out what exactly it was that Grindelwald was wanting him to do.

There has to be more to it than just keeping an eye on the Old Man. Draco contemplated. Perhaps that was a wealthy majority, but I would bet it is more to figure out who Dumble-Idiot's allies are and to blackmail them into swaying sides, or at the very least giving up information. It is a standard tactic, and this Dark Lord is trying to convince me otherwise in order to make me feel better about how things work. Draco huffed. He was not a child, he did not need to be protected from the finer details of war. Though he supposed, considering that this was Grindelwald's time, he had no idea what Draco had been through, had learned, and likely never would. Dumbledore may be powerful, but there is a difference in how the two Lords treated him. The Dark Lord hated him, this man just seems to...be slightly wary and if not a bit cautious. As far as I know, Dumbledore should not be nearly as influential or powerful in this time, so what caused that?

He could not keep dwelling on that, though, instead knowing that he needed to face the music. Slowly, he reluctantly drugged himself back up the halls, not entirely sure where it was that he had stuck himself, but also not entirely worried about it. He knew that he would figure it out soon enough. It was not as though the place was infinite. He was also more than aware of how the magic seemed to twist and guide him forwards. Should he be worried about that? Just perhaps, as his magic had rarely done such a thing before except in ancient homes, such as their French manor, or the Malfoy Manor-even Hogwarts which was why he was never lost-but he did not really have the frame of mind for that.

He had just potentially angered the only Wizard that was ensuring his current stability. He could of course figure things out himself, but he did not know that it would be the best course of action as he was uncertain as to whether or not the trace was still active upon his person. Granted he only had two years before he dissipated, but he had no idea if the weird time travel shit had fucked that up too or if it was still in affect. He knew that there were limits to the detection, however, he had never had to bend the rules of the Trace before, which left him quite at the...disadvantage. It was fine, though, he was sure that he would pave his way through. Furthermore, from what he managed to gather, the Ministry was a bit preoccupied with some things that one teenager in an orphanage using minor underage magic was not something they would care on too much.

He just had to get to the damn place first. Which he may or may not have fucked up by blasting the current Dark Lord back several feet. It is likely that this could go two ways now. Draco thought to himself as he wandered the halls. Either he still allows me to leave this blasted fortress and go to a British Orphanage to infiltrate into Hogwarts so that he can gain information on Dumbles' allies and blackmail them into giving him information...or he doesn't. There was really no other option, and Draco had to admit that infiltrating Hogwarts may not be as simplistic as it sounds.

"Oh, there you are," Draco stiffened at the sudden sound of the current Dark Lord, not realizing that he had happened upon him and a small group of his followers. He straightened his posture more so than it was already as he cast gray eyes over the scene that he was seeing currently. He pulled his shoulders down forcibly and gave the others a slight, if only a little, strained smile and directed his gaze towards the current Dark Lord specifically.

"I apologize for interrupting," Draco stated simply, trying to ignore the dark skinned pureblood that was staring at him. He had no idea why that person was staring at him, and he was almost certain that he did not want to either. He kept his eyes trained on the Dark Lord, he was by far the most dangerous at this moment.

"It is no issue, I was talking to them about the requirements in which you gave to me." The Current Dark Lord stated simply. Draco narrowed his eyes heavily on them at that. He knew his stipulations were somewhat ridiculous, but he had not really thought that it would be taken seriously either.

"And what exactly have they figured?" Draco questioned, his eyes fleetingly glancing towards the dark skinned pure blood slightly longer than the rest of them as he trailed his gaze over them all. He knows...something...though what I am not entirely certain. He would have to take more care with that one. He was not sure, but he knew that the other knew something more than what perhaps Draco himself did. There was that slight spark in those eyes.

"We have found one such place, matching your demands," The dark skinned man stated.

"There was actually a fair few." The girl who attempted-and failed-to break into his mind stated."

"I suggested we allow you to choose," The Current Dark Lord stated. Draco hummed, nodding once, but not giving more thought to the situation.

"I see," He stated slowly, and carefully. "I have to admit I am actually rather surprised that you would try so much to match what I requested."

"You are doing something for me, it would be remiss to expect you to do it for nothing, right?" Draco could not help but smirk a little bit at that. At least we know he would not be in Gryffindor. He thought to himself.

"Of course, but that does not mean that I cannot be surprised." Draco said with a meaningless shrug. "I take it that the...recent situation has not dissuaded the disicions made previously then?" Grindelwald chuckled but shook his head.

"Of course it has not. It has merely reassured me that you will be more than capable of handling your own." Draco allowed himself to relax minutely. At least there is that. He could tell that Grindelwald was curious as to what he was worried that he would have done, but he did not question it.

"The names," The dark skinned pureblood stated stiffly, handing the paper towards him. Draco narrowed his eyes once more as his gaze lit on the other. He is not truly Grindelwalds. He thought to himself. I am not sure what it is but...I can tell. That was a lie, it was more his demeanor than anything else, and the careful and assessing way that he was looking about the place, but he was sure that Grindelwald suspected as much, unless he was stupid.