22

Abraxas watched as his father walked up to the office, Draco knew it was on the 3rd floor, and was the one that his own Father used. From what he could tell that had been the Malfoy patriarch family's office for several generations. If it was that same office, which Draco was almost certain it was. Abraxas waited until his Father was up the stairs and away from sight until he turned to the both of them. He tilted his head slightly back to the room that they had come out from. Tom once more pressed his hand gently against his back, leaving Draco to jolt slightly before walking forwards briskly, leading the charge into the room, trying to get the feeling of his hand off his back. Not that it truly did much. Tom seemed to match his pace perfectly, and it left Draco felt somewhat discomforted with it. Tom seemed to be getting quite...handsy. Sure, this was mostly Draco's fault of course. He had not been fighting the other when he did these things, and the total breakdown in the robe shop probably had not helped matters in any case, let alone the panicked freak out that he had when he awoke from whatever strange debacle that had led him to blacking out at Florish and Blotts. Distantly, he could still feel his fingers curved over the book that was still in his hands. Draco could still hope...at least...that Tom's obsession with him would go away soon enough. After all, obsessions can only truly last for so long at least that was what his Father claimed more often than not. As of right now, he will take what he could, considering that well, for one he did not have any choice in the matter, and especially not now that he was entangled with his family.

Tom pressed down on his shoulders, forcing him to drop down into the second nearest seat by the door where Tom sat next to him, lacing an arm around the back of the chair, fingers touching his shoulder. He felt shivers trail down his spine at the tapping of the fingers into the fabric clinging to his flesh. He glanced towards Abraxas, who was merely watching the situation with an unreadable look in his eyes. Draco was not sure how he felt about that. For some reason, despite having met two different Dark Lords now, he felt that Tom was just as dangerous as both of them, or perhaps even more so. He was not sure exactly why it was that he felt that way...but just...a part of him could not help but feel wary. Perhaps it was only to do with his magic acting oddly around Tom, perhaps it was to do with Tom's rather destructive and dangerous behaviors, perhaps it was more than all of that and Draco was not entirely yet aware of it. Truly, it was difficult to explain if he tried to do so to himself. He kept getting himself lost in memories, and in comparisons that he should not be making.

"Orion should be getting back soon enough," Abraxas stated, likely trying to break the obvious tension in the room. Draco wanted to scoff and roll his eyes, but managed to restrain himself, though it was a difficult thing. "When he does I shall show you to your...room. I am sure Father has no issue in you staying in the room you had before, but with two people, perhaps you may want..."

"Unnecessary," Tom said, cutting Abraxas off. Draco glanced at Tom through the corner of his eyes. Cutting off an Heir so effortlessly, so casually. They are not friends, but...to have such power, and to see Abraxas do nothing...this is not the first time it has happened and I have barely been in the room but a couple of hours. It is unnerving. If nothing more I would say they were...minions of a sort, but I know that is not the case...or at least it does not feel as though that could be the case, but then again...what do I know?

"Right, well, then, I will escort you back to the room that you were placed in after having fainted." Draco inwardly groaned. He very much doubted that he would ever live that down. Such embarrassment, truly. What made it worse was that Abraxas had to pay for him, of all things. It was different when Tom did it, after all Tom never gave him a choice in the matter anyways, but when his grandfather did such a thing, it just made him uncomfortable. Particularly considering he knew that it was done probably in majority to gain favor with Tom. He could tell with the way his...well other grandfather, had looked when Tom agreed to let him pay for the excess expenses. He was not sure he felt comfortable with that. He did not like charity. He did not mind giving to charity, but he knew that this was all some sort of...inauthentic guise. Draco hated these plays for exactly that. At least Tom was being honest in his...well frankly disturbing thought process, considering he saw Draco as some sort of human possession, but at the very least that was honest.

He valued that over some sort of fake presentation. However, Draco knew, fake was really the only thing they presented, and it was necessary. He knew why it was necessary too it was not as though he was unaware. He knew the risks were way higher if they did not, it was a necessity, but it did not mean that he had to like it. It was annoying at the best of times, though he was good at playing the game. Quite good.

The room was silent for a while, Tom not seeming to bother breaking it, Abraxas seeming to have nothing more to say, and Draco just did not care enough to bother. He was used to awkward silence, more so now after...His invasion. Silence was really all anyone got to, too nervous to risk breaking it first. The Dark Lord's moods were highly unstable, after all. On the bright side, it made certain things easier, such as this for instance, on the negative side, well many people died learning the hard way that it was best to simply let the Dark Lord begin conversation. Draco could still remember the first time it had happened. He could feel the chill in the air as the Dark Lord's magic suffocated everyone in the room by covering them all in a thick blanket, or perhaps it had only been him who suffered, almost everyone else seemed far more composed than he had been. It was not the first time he had seen Crucio, or heard the screams it produced, but it was the first time he saw it used until the afflicted just...stopped. He was not sure what had been more terrifying, the beginning and suddenness of screaming, or when all the screaming stopped.

He felt a sharp pain over his neck once more and yelped, his hands abruptly going to shove Tom away from him, because he knew that was who it was. Tom did not release him, merely digging his incisors deeper. He felt a whimper pull at his lips as his hands desperately tried to get Tom to move, but it was useless, as he knew it would be. He felt his body slacken, dropping into the chair reluctantly as another sound was ripped from his throat. Tom finally release him, Draco could see where he licked his lips his dark eyes glinting even darker. Draco avoided Abraxas' gaze, sure that he was watching. He felt some sense of shame curl through him. This was definitely not the most ideal situation.

"Are you done with your little episode?" Tom questioned softly, his body still towering over his own. Draco stared up at him. he just knew what he must look like, shaking, nervous, his eyes wide and slightly wild. He must look utterly pathetic.

"Yes..." Draco breathed out, fear still horrifically evident. He hated how...how...emotional he was becoming. Why was he being so affected by stupid little things, it was truly getting out of hand!

"Good, because as is clear you have not noticed, Orion has returned, and we can go to the room." Draco felt a sudden onset of extra nerves at that. He and Tom would be sharing a room. Which, of course they had been sharing a room for a while, but for some reason this felt as though it would be different, far more dangerous.