11

It would seem that the man had a rather decent penchant for acting, if Draco was honest with himself. Whilst that should comfort him, it merely led to some more unease. The fact remained that this man was a good actor, but did it mean that he could fool Grindelwald? He had no way of truly knowing, considering he did not know Grindelwald very well. He knew that he was considering an incredibly dark wizard, but he had no idea by whose acknowledgement that was from. Dumbledores? Someone else's? At the moment the most that Draco had interacted with him, the other had no seemed cruel or rude...then again Draco's thoughts regarding such things were rather tainted with the Dark Lord, and as anyone knew in his time, the Dark Lord was amongst the cruelest wizards in history, so there was not really that fair a comparison to make.

Right after the Pureblood had stated his advanced apology and to just follow the lead, Draco found his wrist grabbed absurdly tightly before being quite literally dragged down the road and into the garden walk of the Orphanage. The man took rather large steps, which Draco was having some trouble keeping up with. Even his father had not walked with such hasty actions. After all, it was losing in decorum. Personally Draco thought he lost that in his second year, perhaps even before that. Reputations were only as good as the people around to see them, and losing it in the middle of a bookstore was really not quite the best way to endear the populace to you.

Draco was abruptly yanked to a halt in front of the porch walk when the Pureblood rapped loudly upon the door. It echoed, something Draco could hear from the outside, and he dreaded walking through it. The place looked about as though it were haunted. There was definitely something not right about it, though that could be simply because it was a Muggle institution. Draco was not always the best with Muggle...anything as it were. The places were almost always tasting faintly of screams and depression, something which Draco dealt with enough at home, and certainly did not relish feeling it anywhere else...particularly once the Dark Lord returned and took up residence in their abode.

The door opened slowly, showing a child larger than Draco-Draco was uncertain whether that was a good thing, or a bad thing considering all that had happened most recently-and yet clearly pale and underfed even still (Draco shuddered to think of what he looked like). Their eyes bugged out at the sight of a clearly sour faced teenager and a stern looking older fellow. Draco could see through the glamour, but he knew that muggles mostly were incapable of doing so. Granted the other's natural stated was more stern looking anyways, but Draco would refuse to admit such a thing if pressed into doing so.

"MiLady there is a creepy looking man at the door!" The words were not necessarily screamed, but Draco supposed they did not need to be as it echoed through the damn building anyways. He was truly beginning to question the wisdom of choosing such a place to be forced into residence for the next couple of months, but it was far too late to back out now, and he had good reasons for choosing it-beyond the curious feeling he got upon reading Tom Riddle's name.

Someone came careening down the stairs and Draco saw a rather older looking woman step-or rather stutter to a halt-in front of the door, gently shoving the boy to the side and fixing her headdress. Draco stared wide eyed at the Muggle, stunned a bit at the...humanness that she had. Draco had not been around Muggles much, beyond torturing them, being dragged by the Dark Lord to...personal lessons...none of which had been really addressing the simple...human life. Draco did not particularly care for the lives taken whilst he had been with the Dark Lord-it had been either them or himself so Draco had done what any self respecting Slytherin had done and shut up and averted his eyes.

"Ah, young Sir," Draco glanced sideways at the other. The glamour was definitely not showing a young anything, but he supposed perhaps this Woman was hard of sight. She did have some pretty thick specticals on, so Draco would be seeing anything without them was probably not possible at all. He had not seen many with glasses. Wizards did not really need them, and it was rare for Wizards of any kind, particularly pure bloods, to have eye issues. It was known to happen, but it generally was due to curses, hexes, or another form of problems, not necessarily just genetic issues. "What can I do for you."

"This was hanging about in one of the nearby raids." Draco bristled at the word usage, giving the Pureblood a scathing glare that had him halting slightly, recognition faintly calling to memory, but the Pureblood was not an undercover spy for any reason. He recovered instantly. "Since the family is...unavailable from what I can tell, I brought them to the nearest orphanage. I cannot care for someone like this, and as I am sure you know, contacting the family is not possible. The police won't be able to search their records for at least several months given how bad the most recent raid is, and it is also quite possible that the parents are dead." Draco felt his breath hitch at that. He grit his teeth, turning his eyes away from the hideous Muggle and the Pureblood alike. Water stung his eyes, but refused to allow them the indignity of falling. My parents are as good as dead now anyways. I can't get back, at least not anytime soon, and trying would result in a rather large catastrophe. time turners only go one way, and that is back, anyways. I can't very well do...anything.

"Of course, perhaps you would like to come in and we can wrangle out the paperwork and the details, EMILY!" The name was shouted loudly and Draco winced slightly. "Emily will see him settled." Another, younger, woman came through the stairs now, standing near the older woman. Draco felt his wrist released but before he could even breathe a sigh he felt his body shoved forcibly forwards. Though he managed to catch himself rather quickly, he turned his head back to give yet another glare towards the Pureblood who was once more wrecked with a faint recognition that he could not quite place. It was annoying and horribly upsetting.

"Come on, let's find you a room," The woman-Emily-muttered under her breath. Draco ducked under an attempt to put an arm around his shoulders, folding his arms and leveling a dark look at the woman. She did not press, luckily, and merely beckoned him forwards.