37

"Well, that was rather fascinating was it not?" Tom questioned once Avery had left, and Draco sat back down. Abraxas was also watching Draco curiously, but Draco ignored the Malfoy...despite his own reservations of doing so, to more focus on Tom. The question...The dangerous unknown variable. Draco was still not entirely sure what it was about Tom that left his body shuddering, but he did not really care for it. His magic was useless against the person in question, and that was what scared him the most. So far the only ones that his magic had not worked against when protecting him were the Dark lord, and his father...both of whom were terrifying people in their own right. Although, the Dark Lord made his father almost look tame.

"I merely did what was needed to make sure that he doesn't make a big deal of it later on." Draco said shrugging. He refused to be made to feel bad for something so simple. "Furthermore, if he had any questions, he could have directed them towards me...the fact that he did not was disrespectful." What he did not say, Tom picked up, which was that he hated disrespect. He could understand that, Tom himself despised disrespect as well. It grated on his nerves. It was one thing that was certain to get his attention, but not good attention. He liked that Draco was not disrespectful. If anything he was overly respectful. He could not wait to see Draco as disrespectful. That would definitely be a sight to see. Though he would definitely prefer if it were to someone else-like Avery-rather than himself.

"I could have handled it." Abraxas cut in, his brows furrowed downwards in frustration. "Easily, in fact I was doing just that."

"No, you were playing nice."

"He is a pureblood..."

"And you are not?" Draco countered, his eyes darkening once again. He stood, breathing sharply, standing over Abraxas, who suddenly felt vulnerable. He did not like the fury running through Draco's eyes. "You acted as though you were being cowed...I understand the need for caution, but his disrespect needed to be addressed. I appreciate your efforts, but it would mean nothing if it was not coming from me, something I am almost certain that you are aware of, and if you were not...you should be." Draco refused to answer anything else, turning his gaze away from Abraxas. "I will go to the dorm." And he did, making his way lightly through the people, into the dorm. Tom sighed, staring Abraxas down in displeasure.

"Well, you have officially agitated him." Tom stated clearly, his brown eyes glaring into Abraxas' soul. The Malfoy Heir shivered slightly.

"That was not the intention...I was just..."

"The sad thing, is that he was technically correct. You and I both know how Avery is, how his entire family is. This was something that would need to be handled immediately, and with no second questions being allowed. You were too nice to him." Abraxas scoffed, his posture very defensive.

"I was just trying to avoid a political outfall."

"By allowing potential future problems?" Tom rebounded, folding his arms over his chest and leaning backwards. "I understand what you were attempting, but you failed in its attempt. Why is it that this mystery Malfoy that popped up out of nowhere seems to be more capable of his heirship duties than you?" Abraxas reeled back, his eyes wide and offense fully triggered. Orion hesitantly stepped in, try ing to stem the rising tension.

"Perhaps, perhaps we should let this matter settle, for now. At the end of the day Avery was handled, and there is no need to really go further in this."

"I beg to differ," Tom said, his voice indicating no running away from the conversation. This was going to be handled, and it was going to be handled now. Tom's eyes flitted over to Orion's momentarily, before settling once more on the Heir. "Why, exactly, do you seem to have such a problem with Draco, Abraxas?" Tom questioned lightly. Abraxas bristled noticeably.

"He comes out of nowhere, and you are being all...all lovey on him. I don't get it. What the hell is going on between the two of you?" Tom flicked imaginary dust from the shoulder of his polo and just stared back at Abraxas, allowing the other to continue his rant on how they did not really know Draco, and how that it is obvious because none of them knew he was a Malfoy, and where did he come from...eventually the teen's annoyance was hushed as Tom sighed. He seemed to have realized he went a bit too far, and was now taking a step back...Orion steading him as they both waited.

"It is none of your buisness what my plans with Draco are. I understand you are curious, but you have no right to be meddling in my affairs." Red eyes danced into their blue and grey respectively. "I would have thought that obvious with what happened last year...or is another repeat needed to get the point across?"