9

Draco pulled the paper from the other's hands, eyes skimming down the list. The girl-woman whatever she was- had been right, there was quite a few names. Draco supposed he should have suspected. There was a war going on after all, and it was not uncommon for half bloods or even mudbloods to be stuck in orphanages during such times. Mudbloods, were expected, halfbloods less so but still not overly uncommon, particularly if the muggle parent is the father, which it almost always was. Most witches who dared to run off with a muggle were ousted from the family. They were banished and the family rarely if ever associated with any offspring that came of such a union. With wizards who ran off with muggles however...it was a bit more complicated. They were the ones who held the titles, after all, and therefore it was less common, although still widely practiced. Less common, at least until another heir had been procured. This had been quite the issue during Grindelwald's war, and it was one of the reasons the Dark Lord had managed to amass such a large following in the time after. He had brought forth the idea of having orphaned half bloods and mudbloods housed with wizarding families during wartimes. Granted the idea had not gained too much traction among the darker pureblood families until he had admitted that it was a good way to influence the younger generations, but that was neither here nor there.

Glancing down the list he heaved a sigh at his thoughts. Such things were not what he should be worrying about. Or perhaps I should, considering now I have to worry about it. He rid himself of such thoughts as his eyes caught upon a name. Tom Ridde, Wool's Orphanage, London. His finger tapped the name a few times, before tracing it elegantly with a nail. Where do I know this name from? He asked himself. Though, thinking back, it was impossible to place, yet a feeling of familiarity could not help but plague him. It is in London, with both Diagon Alley and Kings' Cross nearby. Most of the others are more on the fringes. He sighed, this time outloud, and glanced up.

"Here," He stated clearly, no hesitation, his words coming out slightly frosted. "Tom Riddle's Wool's Orphanage. It is located in London so I shan't have to worry about relying on Muggles to get to either Kings Cross nor Diagon Alley, it is near enough to both places to manage it myself."

"Are you certain?" Grindelwald questioned. "There is no changing it should you find yourself dissatissfied and from our reports....you may wish to choose a different orphanage." Draco's eyes instantly narrowed towards the infamous wizard. He is trying to hide something from me.

"What is it?" He asked instantly, his voice rife with wary caution and suspicion. "You know something, what is it?"

"It is just that...this...Tom Riddle, may not be someone you wish to associate yourself with...is all." The girl who failed to read his mind stated.

"Really? You are just making me more curious now. Furthermore, the practicality of the location, I think, outweighs whatever concerns you may have of this person's character considering I am not viable for apparation on my own..." At least not willingly, though how the hell I even got here in some diluted past reality is still questionable "...nor can I just use a floo as Muggles don't have such things. Barring that, I likely will not even be roomed with them...and it is just two months even if I am." Grindelwald hummed, but accepted his descion ultimately. Draco could not help but have doubts now, though. I know that I know the name from somewhere, I just can't place where, and now these people are trying to warn me against this person? Either they are some sort of competition, which would be why they know of him at all, or an influence beyond what they want me to be around. Either way it did not matter. He had made his choice and he would stick with it. "When shall I be intigrated?" Draco questioned. The dark skinned pureblood spoke again.

"Tomorrow morning. I will be taking you." Draco stiffened slightly, his gray eyes widening slightly before quickly concealing the surprise once more. Just what I need. He thought viciously to himself. Still, it could be worse. Could be Miss. No Tact over there. Then I would have to attempt to void her stupid prying as well.

"Very well," He stated simply. "I shall need funds." He stated, looking directly at Grindelwald, who nodded his own agreement.

"I shall of course provide you with a school stipend." Grindelwald said, with an amused smile on his face. It left Draco gritting his teeth. He hated that...that pity look. He got it from Pansy and Blaise more than enough times to know it never preceeded anything good. Of course, Pity was quite the emotion to manipulate, but it did come at a sort of cost, one which Draco was not sure was worth it. 

Right, then." Draco stated simply, before balling the paper up, dropping it back into the dark skinned pureblood's hands, and storming out of the room.

"Do you think it wise to introduce Tom Riddle to this...Draco?" The dark skinned man questioned.

"Of course," Grindelwald said simply with a slight smile, his eyes still lingering upon the spot that Draco had disappeared from viewpoint. "Tom Riddle, from what we can tell, is an incredibly powerful half blood. Dangerous, yes, but even more reason to have someone watching him."

"But his mental state..." Queenie interjected. "I am not sure that he will be able to handle someone like Tom Riddle in such close quarters."

"The boy does have a point," The thin dark haired girl that nobody knew the name of spoke out. "It is unlikely that he will be roomed with Riddle. More than likely he will be moved into one of the other rooms, whilst Riddle gets a longer standing roommate for a time."

"Either way they are going to meet each other soon enough," Queenie said, shaking her head. "Riddle is known for his mind games and manipulation, as well as fascination towards torture. I doubt such things will end well in the state that our little wizard is in."

"Queenie, just let me worry about that." Grindelwald said simply, putting an end to the discussion.