4

Why did I say that? Draco lamented. I totally did not to offer my services to yet another Dark Lord. Why is it that I lean so heavily on Dark Lords? First The Dark Lord, and now Grindelwald?. He berated himself. He had been offered into the service of the Dark Lord, and now he was offering himself up. It was a rather interesting contrast to how things went in his own timeline. Perhaps he was so desperate to be of use it did not matter whom he was of use to. He shook himself, that was not true and he knew it. He had to say something...something...to Grindelwald, whom was just staring at him now. Draco swallowed down his ire at himself. It cannot be helped now. I am in a different time, with people I do not know, and not a knut to my name, and it would be downright dangerous should my real name be used...which makes going to Hogwarts...Draco inwardly groaned. Assuming I am sorted along with the first years, that could spell some trouble for me. He closed his eyes tightly. It is too late for that. I would rather suffer a thousand times what I have at the Dark Lord's anger than help Dumbledore. The old fool is hypocritical enough, and I hate him. Draco would not be able to stand serving Dumbledore for his purpose, even if he knew Grindelwald ended up loosing, he would much rather serve him than Dumbledore.

"I know that, though I am not too sure how much success you will find when it comes to the war going on in the Muggle world as well." Draco said, eyeing Grindelwald carefully trying to figure out what he was going to say about that. They both knew that finding a place for Draco to stay was going to be difficult, but for him to be registered to Hogwarts it was necessary that he live in England, or at least somewhere in the British Isles. Otherwise his name would not be registered. Hogwarts' system was a bit more complicated than that of Durmstrung or Bauxboutons. Honestly, Draco preferred Durmstrung's system. It allowed for students from other countries to enter their school system as well. Meanwhile Hogwarts' was rather limited. One had to move in order to go. Therefore it was not as though Draco could just stay with Grindelwald, that would not work...at all. This whole plan of Grindelwald's hinged on his getting into Hogwarts, which meant his name had to be attached to someplace in England or the British Isles, stupid as it may be.

"I think an orphanage is how we are going to have to go about it." The Dark Lord said, and Draco inwardly shuddered, managing to keep it from his face, but just barely. I shall be surrounded by muggle children, the whole time. I doubt that this is going to go well, especially considering some of the rhetoric of that fanatic they have running about and...well...my own self. "I know it is not the best of solutions, however you are right, most Muggles would not take an orphaned child, particularly an older one. Trying to find a magical parent will be nigh impossible, as I am also sure you are aware." Draco knew that, he did not need that to be stated to him. He had already figured that he was going to have to suffer in the Muggle World for a while whilst he was here. It did not mean having Grindelwald confirm his fears was something he particularly cared for.

"I figured," Draco reluctantly agreed. "There is not much to be done about it, and I am aware of how Hogwarts' system words." Grindelwald watched the strange boy curiously as he shrugged. "Either way, I do have a request, regarding...that...if possible." Draco noticed how an eyebrow was raised in question. He swallowed. He knew that making requests of a Lord was dangerous, hell he was the one people made requests to a majority of the time. He understood the danger well enough, from both sides. There was usually something to worry about if they agreed, and if they did not...well that was arguably more dangerous.

"A request?" Grindelwald muttered, loud enough for Draco to hear. "I suppose, you may ask what it is your request is. I shall see if it is within my ability to grant it." He said thsi as though he had the intention of granted whatever request it was that Draco made, though Draco himself knew better than to hope for that. It was dangerous. Hope led a person to do things that they would never do, and clouded one's judgement. It was far better to be realistic and practical. Whilst he doubted Grindelwald would refuse on principle, he knew that his request was going to be rather difficult to fulfill.

"If it is possible, I would prefer to be placed somewhere with some sort of wizard or witch. Mudblood or otherwise. It would be uncomfortable being around only Muggles. For any length of time." Draco stated. "I know that this will be a rather difficult request to fulfill, but with the war, I am sure there were plenty of half blood or mudblood witches and wizards that got dumped in orphanages." Draco said this somewhat carelessly, but at the end of the day he just did not want to have to be around Muggles the entire time, though he doubted that would be possible.

"I will do my best to find one that has a witch or wizard," Grindelwald said simply. "For now, i want to introduce you to someone."

"Oh?" Draco wondered, tilting his head slightly as he thought about it. He knew he had no choice in the grand scheme of things, but this was all about presentation, he knew, and he was quite good at such things.

"Yes, I think that it is rather important that you meet them, at the very least, perhaps you can give each other a bit of..." Grindelwald paused his eyes blinking as he thought about what to say next, before turning them on Draco intensely. "Comfort." Draco wanted to laugh but settled for a slight scoff. He doubted that he was qualified to comfort anyone, even himself.