21

"My father should be returning in a matter of minutes, he gets out of the Ministry soon enough." Draco nodded once, and was swiftly refocused on Tom when the other draped his arm around his shoulders. "Ah, should we give you two separate rooms, or..." Abraxas trailed off, a bit confused as to what exactly was the relationship between himself and Tom, and to be honest, Draco himself did not even really know what his relationship to Tom was.

"That will not be necessary," Tom said simply, "After all we are sharing a room in the Orphanage, and then we will once more share a room in the dorms. It would seem a bit...redundant to be put in separate rooms, do you not think?" Tom questioned, his words getting slightly sharper towards the end of his sentence. it was obviously a warning, and Draco merely gave a slight, tense smile but agreed swiftly so as to avoid angering the boy further. He honestly was confused with how Tom's moods were. He was trying to figure it out, but it really just left him more and more confused. He was not sure he overly cared for it.

"I do have a request, of sorts...however," Draco said softly, looking towards Abraxas and Orion once again. He was beginning to get used to it, at least a little. It would never quite fade, that oddness, he did not think. Not unless he was forced to be in this odd time for far longer than he would hope and since Draco had no idea how he had even gotten here in the first place, let alone how he was supposed to get back it was likely that eventually he would be able to get used to it. It would definitely cause issues for when, or if, he returned to his own time, though. "I will be needing a wand holder. I had one, before...but it is no longer viable." He continued swiftly. "I will also be needing a trunk of sorts, so that I can at least transport my items. Tom, I do believe, also has things at the Orphanage that he needs to collect. So, if we are not to return, someone will need to get them."

"I will," Orion said swiftly. "And I shall inform them of the current situation, that you will be staying with a friend until the term begins, and that they needn't worry, since I will be going out, I shall obtain Draco's items."

"Doubt that they would care," Tom muttered under his breath, and Draco privately agreed. "Ah, take this for Draco's items," Tom stated, dropping gold into Orion's hands. "If it is under, then I presume you can cover it," It was stated blithely, but Orion seemed happy at the other's words. Likely trying to gain favor, and slytherins' were known for being prideful. Draco would not be surprised if Tom refused to allow anyone to cover anything for him as a general rule. Tom watched as Orion walked out of the room, leaving them with Abraxas. Draco was somewhat grateful not to have to worry about that.

"Father is here," Abraxas said curtly, standing abruptly. "I will speak with him, stay here...please," Tom nodded once, and Draco was beginning to think that Tom was really the one in control of his grandparents. It was a bit surprising, as he was not sure exactly how many friends, or allies, his grandparents had during school. In fact, he barely knew anything of his grandparents time in school, they did not truly speak of it, and Orion and Walburga were people that Draco rarely visited. Outside of that, he was more concerned with his father, and his father's school days...well more like his father was more concerned with telling him how his school days went, which Draco supposed made sense.

"This is not going to go well," Draco muttered under his breath after Abraxas left the room. He stared at the door in despair as he waited for the inevitable slamming of it reopening to Abraxas' father careening in.

"I think you are underestimating Abraxas' ability to handle his father." Tom stated gently to him. Draco did not know. He had never met his great grandfather, and his grandfather was scary enough although Draco had only met him a few times since Lucius held the patriarch title. He was not sure he wanted to truly meet his great grandfather. He doubted that he would have much of a choice in the matter, and if he was going to end up staying at the manor for any length of time he was definitely going to be meeting him at some point.

"Perhaps," Draco was going to add more, but stopped. It would be an unwise decision for him to criticize his own family in front of another, and especially considering that person happens to be a friend of Tom's. Or a something...Draco hesitated to say they were quite friends, but perhaps something similar? He honestly did not know. Tom's emotions seemed to fluctuate to the highest degree, and they almost always came out of nowhere. Half the time Draco would say he was pretty neutral, but then something would happen and he would go full on sadist, or full on anger, and Draco was still trying to work out how he was supposed to recon the two together.

"My father wants to meet you," Abraxas stated, his head entering the room. Draco sighed, put upon, though was not really given much more than a moment to despair as seconds later Tom was standing and yanking him up to a stand with him. Draco knew that by the end of the day he would probably have some pretty severe bruising on his arms. The book tucked into his left arm, he allowed Tom to drag him away by his right. it was rather undignified, and he would try to pull away, but at the same time...he had already been made quite aware given his previous attempts that he was simply no match for the other. it would be folly to attempt to do something merely to fail, more so than it would be to act as though he knew what he was doing.

They were led, or rather Tom was led, Draco was dragged, into the lounge by Abraxas, for Draco to meet face to face with someone he had never seen before, but knew by sight. Abraxas' father...Draco did not quite recall the name, it never truly cropped up in their conversations about family history barring the first time. Well, that along with the panic did quite well at quelling a good bit of his information that he did know about the Malfoy family tree.

"So, my son tells me that the wards let you in no issue. As I am sure you are aware, we know what that means."

"I can take a few guesses," Draco replied dryly. He really shouldn't be slightly sarcastic when it came to the person before him, but a part of him really could not help it. The nails that Tom dug into his wrist over his robes told him enough of how the other felt about that. He winced, barely, but managed to keep more sly words from exiting his mouth, not that he had any intention to go further, of course.

"Abraxas has informed me that your parents...whomever they were...unfortunately were a casualty of Grindelwald's war." Draco grit his teeth, but stayed silent. That was, somewhat a lie. They were, but also were not. Still, he was surprised Abraxas gave them that information after a conversation just being spoken about not giving too much detail. It was somewhat annoying, but he also could not fault Abraxas. "You are...clearly a Malfoy, that is for certain. A blood test at Gringotts will be done to ensure authenticity." Draco raised a brow, but nodded once. "Although, from the wards it is quite obvious you are a Malfoy. Still, people will be wanting to know through a blood test. It will be done one was or another."

"I am aware." Draco said simply, though his tone was polite, it was obvious that it was merely for decorum. Tom could feel the nerves, his arm around the wrist that was trembling slightly. It would seem Draco seemed to have a sort of anxiety over this. Though he supposed he would too if he were in the same position...if he had been normal, of course.

"We shall visit Gringotts tomorrow, I am sure that this can wait until then. In the meantime, Abraxas tells me that he has offered a place for you to stay, and Tom, I believe your name is." Tom nodded once, a slight bow to his upper torso.

"Correct, Sir,"

"Well, I see no reason to not allow it, and tomorrow, first thing in the morning, I will take you both to Diagon alley. Abraxas, where is Orion?"

"He left momentarily. He will be back soon."

"Good enough," The Malfoy Patriarch sighed, "Abraxas, I trust you can settle them into one of the guest rooms?"

"Of course, Father."

"Good. I shall be in my office, should you need anything."