23

"Your episodes are becoming rather common, Draco," Tom stated apathetically as he spread his fingers over the luxurious sheets on the bed. He turned to stare at Draco who was glaring out of the expansive window. "Should this continue at school...it could pose a problem, though I am certain that you are more than aware of that, right?" Draco grit his teeth but nodded stiffly once. "What is that...causes these episodes of yours? I am greatly curious, they seem to have a great deal of effect over you." Tom slid up to him, and Draco could not help but back up a bit into the door. He lowered his gaze, not wanting to hold it, frustrated with the situation, with himself, and with his lack of ability around Tom. It was rather frustrating, and beginning to pose far more risks and problems than he would care for. He just wished Tom could get his stupid little infatuation over with, so that Draco could be free to do as he would wish, which would be nothing, because he truly did not want to push himself into worse waters.

It was a bit late for that, I think, Draco said to himself. The thought was not comforting, but then he did not think he meant it to be. He was, in fact, already far too deep in the waters to be anywhere remotely close to a shore. He would be lucky if he survived this timeline, never mind his own. Even if he did survive this and manage to somehow make it back home how was he to live? His Mother was likely dead, tortured, murdered by the Dark Lord for his inability to even do anything regarding his mission. The entire situation was just awful. He had no way to make it better, and he did not know if he wanted to either. Things were so complicated now, out of nowhere they seemed to truly have gotten rather out of hand.

"No answer?" Tom asked idly. Draco continued his lapse of silence. He figured it was best that then trying to formulate a response that likely would not go over very well. He was already screwed enough with his own grandparents trying to cozy up to Tom as though he were some sort of deity, and Draco still did not understand why. Not that he truly needed to in the end. He would be happy if Tom just left him to his own devices, but instead he was stuck dealing with him until Tom finally decided to leave him alone. I am beginning to think that will not happen, though. As unfortunate as this may or may not be...I do not know him well enough. I just know the fascination of the Dark Lord and the Grindelwald seemed to be fleeting. My own desires were for the most part as well, but how should I be able to say that Tom's own will be as well? "I have to admit, I was quite surprised, by multiple factors today."

"Is that so?" Draco finally ventured, tilting his head slightly, finally making contact, his grey eyes flashing rebelliously as Tom gave a small, but widening smirk. "And what is it that finally managed to gather your illustrious attentions?"

"Well, you are always worth my intentions, my dear." Tom said softly, letting the nail of his right finger trace down the corner of his left eye to his cheekbones, and across it, reaching his the tip of his jugular, before tracing it down his neck. Draco shivered, for more reasons than one, the obvious intimidation tactic working quite sufficiently. "Today has been quite enlightening, however. I have to admit, I was a bit curious to notice you had obtained a tattoo...taboo is it not, in most regions?" Draco felt the breath leave his lungs at the question. He had known it was bound to come up at some point, he had just hoped that it would take a much longer time so he could prepare himself. Which, if he thought about it, was likely why he was being asked this question as soon as they were alone.

Tom laced Draco's wrist around his fingers, gently tugging up the robe sleeve of his left hand, exposing the marking to both of their sights. Draco felt his arm quiver in Tom's hold...

"Honor, is it?" The Dark Lord questioned, his fingers tracing the mark reverently. "You are the youngest I have ever marked, and the one with the most potential," The words were hushed, and Draco could feel the tears tracks drying from the painful procedure. He had known taking the mark would be horrifically painful, but he had not, and he could never, expect just how painful it would have been. He was practically bowled over on his knees, his arm still trapped between the Dark Lord's fingers. He did not dare to try and rip it from him...that would never go over well, he just knew it. He did not need more pain today. "Your father had been quite talented in his time, and your grandfather as well, though their talents were somewhat different from each other." Draco shuddered as the words covered him. He really did not want to hear the Dark Lord speaking on his family. "You...You are quite the unique culmination of their talents. The magic of Abraxas, combined with the wit and cunning of Lucius...it is quite a mix...not to mention your tie with the Blacks." Draco inhaled sharply, his head ripping up to see the Dark Lord's crimson eyes staring back at him. "After all...I can sense the darkness...the hidden insanity...it is a Black trait, is it not? It took Orion...took Bellatrix, and is slowly overtaking your mother, you would have been remiss not to notice...and you..." The Dark Lord's eyes seemed to flutter as he thought..."You will be the best of both families."

He traces it just as the Dark Lord did. The Dark Lord had traced the marking in a rather peculiar way. He traced the snake head first, before going around the skull mark, and then he would trace around the marking three or four times, before he would press the center. Draco felt his arm move on instinct as he tried to rip it away from Tom the moment he went to press the center, but Tom's own grip held firm and his fingers pressed deeply in the center. Draco could feel the heat begin to echo through his arm, starting at the mark, down his wrist, and up his forearm. He whined, unable to quite shush the pitiful sound.

"Fascinating," Draco did not find it fascinating. He relaxed greatly, pulling his arm to his chest, as Tom finally released him. He pressed it to his torso, curling his other arm around it protectively. "Rather dark magic, is it not?" Draco knew he was not supposed to answer that...it was obvious on its own. "Quite morbid, sadistic even." The other had a strange smile on his face, and glittering around his eyes. Draco really did not like it. "Anyways," Tom pulled himself abruptly from Draco, leaving the other trying to quietly heave in breaths that he had been hastily holding. "We can speak more on that later." Or we can just leave the topic and never approach it again. Though he knew that was not likely to happen. "Now, I am curious about these little episodes, Draco, they truly seem to be getting worse."

"Well, you seem to be having no problem, as you just bite the shit out of my neck every time." Draco huffed bitterly.

"Yes, quite enjoyable," Draco grimaced at the tone and the way Tom licked his lips at them. "However, I doubt that you want me to be doing it in front of, say, the Gryffindors, so perhaps we should find a bit of a more...socially acceptable way to handle them."