6

Grindelwald seemed to decide that the time was now, rather than some point in the future and moved to leave. Draco started, but did nothing more to refute the nonverbal agreement, glancing towards Credence, somewhat nervously. Taking in this boy's magic was hard, and Draco was unsure how to handle the revelation that his magic was slowly but steadily killing him. It was shocking enough, and though Draco had heard of such instances before, it was the first time that he had seen anyone have that sort of problem. It is horrifying. Was his first impression. Still, he was not a Malfoy Heir for nothing, and such shock and surprise did not match his face. He took a deep breath, wondering what the point of his even having a tour of the place was if he was just going to leave soon enough anyways.

"Shall we?" Draco questioned, motioning his hand outwards with a slight bow. Credence just stared at him blankly before realization flooded his veins and he nodded abruptly. He would never survive in Slytherin. An offhand observation made whilst Credence rushed ahead of him speaking in low tones, the words barely reaching Draco's ears, but one that Draco knew intrinsically was true. He was best suited likely with Gryffindor, and it made him want to shudder. He could not even begin to recall someone named Credence during the war of Grindelwald, but then again, he had not spoken much in regard towards the war in the first place. It had barely reached England, and therefore while he knew the basics he was not quite indepthly knowledgeable in the subject, as opposed to say the first war with the Dark Lord.

The thought caused his brain to promptly shut down, his body freezing in the middle of the hallway that they were going down. His breathing caught, his eyes glazing over as his brain was thrown back to the last time that he had met Voldermort. He had been given his task, the low hiss of the words as Voldermort had whispered them against his ear, his magic pressing all against him as despair and terror had rushed through his body, and he fought, successfully to most, to keep such emotions from showing on his face or in his eyes.

His magic lashed out violently the moment someone tried to touch his shoulder from behind. It flew the...mystery person away from him, and Draco was shaking, his eyes still half glazed as his magic took it upon itself to protect him vigorously. He was not until he managed to clear his head with a gasp that he managed to recognize who it was that had been flung back a good couple of feet due to his magic lashing out first and asking questions later...and of bloody course it would be the current Dark Lord. Draco abruptly felt a great deal of fear flood his veins, though it was not nearly as much as his Dark Lord forced upon him, it was enough to force his expression to shutter closed. Glancing behind him Draco realized that Credence was not in front of him, or in this case behind him, but to the side of him. He had clearly shouted for the closest person to help him due to Draco being...he did not even know how to explain it.

He took gulps of air, trying to remind his brain that he was not with the Dark Lord, not the terrifying all consuming one at least. As much as it may pain him to say it, he would much prefer Grindelwald to the Dark Lord any day. He was far more intimidating, insane, and lacking in consciousness. Even if Grindelwald's kind facade was mostly exactly that, a facade, he still had some sense of humanity, something which his Dark Lord utterly lacked. His eyes held no trace of emotions at pretty much any given time, well outside of sadistic glee that is.

"I apologize, I do not know what came over me," Draco said stiffly. Grindelwald looked at him, as though studying him, and hummed. Draco did not feel as on edge with this Dark Lord, and he knew that it was because he was less likely to lash out in violence outbursts, but there was the possibility nonetheless. He held himself still and palacid, it would not do to bee anything less than such, after all, that was something he learned quite early on from his father when it came to dealing with potential punishments.

"It is fine," Grindelwald waved off, and Draco couldn't help but narrow his eyes at that admission.

"Fine?" He questioned. "My magic just lashed out and threw you several feet into a hallway railing and you are saying it is fine?" His words bordered on hysterical, his eyes glowing feverently.

"It was accidental, and it is on myself for reaching to touch you when you had obviously disassociated and were not in the right frame of mind to handle such things, or to see them coming." Draco scoffed, and then started laughing shaking his head resolutely, not sure what he should do. I know he wants a war with the muggles, but what sort of Dark Lord is this?

"What..." He could not even finish the sentence, just shaking his head idly. He could not even begin to understand this Dark Lord. There was an undertone of genuinity in everything he said and it merely threw his understanding off scale. He had no idea how to really compute that with the Dark Lord that he served himself. It was throwing him off, and his head was positively spinning. "I am sorry, but I am a little confused." He admitted, his eyes slightly manic. "I was not expecting the Dark Lord to be so..." He licked his lips tilting his head as though trying to figure out the right word for what he wanted to say. He made eye contact with the Lord in question. "Nice." The word was almost hissed out, his eyes glittering as he said it.

"Oh, I am not overly nice, however even I cannot fault you for magic spinning out of your control." Grindelwald said simply. Draco narrowed his eyes, his body rife with tension as he shook his head.

"But you can," he admitted softly. "You just won't." He felt tears sting his eyes as he gasped a desperate breath to attempt and calm himself. Grindelwald stared at him a small amount of realization hitting him as he stared at the attempt to reform composure of the young wizard.

"You have had someone punish you for magic lashing out?" Grindelwald questioned, but it was not really a true question. Draco nodded nonetheless.

"Of course, that is normal, is it not?" He questioned, his eyes blank, though still filmed over with water as he turned his gaze up to Grindelwald. The Dark Lord of this time had to admit it gave the boy a rather eerie quality that he did not want to look further into.

"Not with me, at least." Grindelwald said gently. "Furthermore, that is somewhat counterproductive, do you not think?" Draco just gave a somewhat disbelieving smile, he did not know what to think, or what to say to this. Everything that he had been raised to do, to think, and yet a dark advocator was kinder than his own father and Lord. He shook his head. This was causing him confusion. Turning on his heel, he strode from the hallway, ignoring the fact that he had no idea where he was going, and knew little from the layout of the mansion. They had barely gone down a few corridors before Draco's...whatever spell. He just...He needed to think, and he could not do that around an irritatingly nice Lord who refused to punish him for the normal things he should be punished for. He did not like it. Not at all.