Drama

Amanda

I told my mom i was hanging out with some friends from school and after hearing a really long speech about anti-conception and feelings and other stuff i couldn't remember i finally grabbed my jacket and headed for the door.

"Have a good time honey"

"I will mom, bye"

Lana, Mia and Max were in Max' car, with the hood off.

"Sorry i'm late guys"

"No worries, the car was finally standing still long enough for Lana to put on eight extra layers of lipgloss"

We laughed and she hit Max upside the head. Max had no idea she was trying to impress him and she had no idea why he actually teased her; it was so cute.

The cold night wind made our hair fly wildly. Mia was taking selfies of us and Lana was screeching along with the radio. Max sped up and looked like he was praying for the torture to end.

When we finally got there, Benjamin and Dave were picking up rocks from beside the fence. There was this other guy i didn't recognize throwing the rocks across the fields. He threw all of them really far, even the big ones and it looked like he was angry. Benjamin and Dave cheered him on.

"Hey assholes we're here!"

They turned their heads towards the bleachers where we appeared.

"You brought the bitches!"

Dave yelled as they made their way across the field toward us. As they got closer Dave said in a what lower voice:

"And Amanda, hey Amanda"

I smiled and he kissed my cheek. I felt warm inside and i my mind instantly went to my hands. I looked down at them, as normal as possible, and they felt okay.

"Hi Dave"

"Get a room you two"

They all laughed and now my face was getting warm. I walked towards the rest of the group to see the other mystery guy. He hadn't taken his eyes off of me since Max called them over.

He was wearing black vans, black jeans and a black hoodie with white writing. His hair was all messy and he looked like those bad boys you see in movies that had a troubled childhood or something. I made eye contact with him and he looked away. His facial expression was just blank.

We all sat on the bleachers, chatting for a while when Benjamin me and the guy exchanging looks and elbowed him. Dave noticed it and eyed the guy suspiciously. He quickly looked away and I did too. Lana stopped mid-sentence and we sat in an awkward silence. It felt mysterious yet familiar to look in his eyes. 

"Rory this is Amanda, Amanda this is Rory" Max finally broke the excruciating silence. 

I stuck out my hand politely and Rory looked at it but just nodded. Well then. I guess Rory and i weren't going to be the best of friends. I don't know what had happened but after that little  moment all the guys were tense. Finally Benjamin pulled Rory aside and started whispering something that seemed to make him upset. Rory raised his hands defensively and looked like he was trying to reason with him. We were staring at them when Dave got up and walked over to them.

"Look man, just back off" He said a little loudly, finally getting all of our attentions. 

Rory stared at him for a while with his jaw visibly clenched and then stormed off towards the locker rooms. I remember Benjamin saying he didn't have any friends and he had trouble at home and i was afraid of what he was going to do.

I ran over the field after him.

I kept tripping like i was stepping in holes and i realized every step he took created little craters in the grass. I looked behind me but the others didn't seem to notice. 

He pushed open the door and as it swung back in my direction it had a huge dent in it. He could've just been really strong but even so, this was odd.

"Rory wait up, please"

I caught up with him in a hallway. He looked lost and i figured he didn't go to this school.

"Just stop!"

"Amanda, leave me alone"

"Don't you want to get out of here?"

He turned his head to look at me. His face was all wet and his hair was sticking to his neck from the sweat... or tears. He must be really hurt. I was still panting from the running and leaned on a locker to rest my legs.

"So? How do i get out of here" He asked attentively. Even kind of rudely. 

"What happened back there?"

He sighed and started walking in the wrong direction.

"Other way"

He looked at me again and turned around, walking in the right direction.

"Dave's an ass" he mumbled. I had to follow him again.

"What are you talking about"

"He's into you and you like him back"

"Why is that your problem?"

Shit. Now I was being rude. We had reached the exit and he turned around, facing me with his back to it.

"It's not, just thought i'd spare you the drama"

I was dumbfounded. What was i supposed to answer to that. This wasn't a conversation I had ever had before and now I was  having it with a total stranger? He shrugged and gently pushed through the door with his back, leaving me behind.

I quickly grabbed the handle and pushed through the door behind him. He ran across the road and went left.

"I know what you are!"

But he was too far away to hear me. Then i noticed the metal bar that used to be the door's handle was dripping between my fingers, being melted away. Shit.