Made For Me

Amanda

I woke up the next morning in a better mood. The sun shone outside and i heard Didi singing in the shower. She didn't sound half bad. Someone knocked on my door and my father's face appeared.

"Hey honey, how are you feeling?"

I pulled the covers off of me and sat up straight. My legs were still sensitive but i got used to the feeling. My father walked into my room and i realized he was in his travel suit. The smile i had put on my face melt away.

"Hey where'd that beautiful smile go?"

I pouted like a little girl and he sat down next to me with his arms around me.

"I'll be back tomorrow afternoon, i promise"

I looked up at him and he kissed my forehead.

"Now get up, you have school in less than an hour and i'm taking you"

Now that was good news. I grabbed my towel, toothbrush and underwear and went to the bathroom downstairs, where there was a normal shower. I hadn't really gotten over the bathtub drama yet. I showered and combed my hair, untangling it from the messy bun i'd been sporting for the last two days. When i was done i stuffed some random books into my bags and headed downstairs. I wore my white converse with my black leather pants and a black&white sweater. My father kissed my mother and siblings goodbye and grabbed his car keys. I loved his car. My mother drove a typical minivan but my dad had a dark blue 2017 Audi.

After a short and cozy ride he stopped in front of the school. I was late and i kissed him on his cheek quickly. He grabbed my hand.

"Go easy okay?"

Whether this was about boys or because i had been sick or whatever, i appreciated it. I nodded and quickly paced my way to class. The bell rang and i ran down the hall into class. Mia's face lit up when she saw me but Mr. Stuart didn't like how i interrupted his first sentence of the day. I slipped in the chair next to Mia and squeezed her hand as a 'good morning'. I took out my notebook and started making notes when my phone buzzed. It was a text from Dave.

You ran past me in the hall. You look beautiful. I missed you.

He was so nice to me. Lucky for me, he wasn't in this class with me so he couldn't see how i ignored his text. I pushed the phone towards Mia so she could read it and she fake-wiped a tear. I rolled my eyes and realized how i was starting to act like her. That wasn't bad right?

When we met the rest of the gang for lunch they were excited to see me again. I had only skipped school for a day and their reaction made me warm inside. We were sitting at a lunch table in a corner and i sat as far away from Dave as possible. I might've be mean for avoiding him but i didn't want to lead him on either. He sent me another text. I pretended i didn't feel my phone buzz and he stood up and sat down next to me.

"Are you avoiding me? Why?"

I was cornered. I smiled at him and stood up. I had to tell him the truth, and it wouldn't be cool for me to shoot him down like that in front of our friends. I grabbed his hand and led him outside into the cold. There were a few kids smoking and it reminded me of that night i smoked my first blunt and had my first kiss.

"So?"

With Dave.

"Uhm... listen"

This was harder than i though it would be.

"I'm not interested in anything right now... not with you and not with anyone."

He nodded and looked away. He stood there with his hands in his pockets and his beanie, looking pretty adorable.

"It's not you Dave... you're one of my best friends and i'd never do anything to hurt you"

He wasn't saying anything and it made me nervous. He just stood there staring out in the distance. I was getting cold and regretting coming outside.

"Sssay an..nything please"

He finally looked at me and smiled.

"It's okay, come here"

He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my arms. I felt regret shoot through my veins. I fitted perfectly in his embrace, like his arms were made for me.