The Bath

Amanda

I was furious. I stomped my way back home and it started to rain halfway. How was i going to explain the bruise and rising bump on my forehead and my soaking clothes to my mother?

Her car wasn't in the driveway yet and i let out a sigh of relief. I made my way inside and ran a bath. I decided to do my laundry so i could wash my clothes and not raise any suspicion.

I sat myself down in the bath and tried to relax. Why was Rory acting like that? That was the second time i'd met him and he totally shut me out. The way he had acted earlier was arrogant. I was really starting to dislike him.

I lay in the bath till the water became cold and an idea sneaked into my head. I could warm up the water! I placed the palms of my hands on the surface of the water and focused. I felt a swirling ball of energy beginning to grow in the pit of my stomach. It had never happened before so i tried guiding it to my arms but it felt like it was stuck. The ball just grew and grew till it started to ache. I felt a burning sensation in my lungs and i was gasping for air. Suddenly, the warmth shot through my arms into my hands, making the water start to boil. I couldn't stop it! The water was boiling and i was in it. I felt heat hug my legs and lower body and i screamed out in pain. The stream of heat through my arms stopped abruptly and i felt limp.
I mustered up an inch of strength to grab the side of the bath and pulled myself out of the cooking water onto the bathroom-floor. Tears were streaming down my face and i felt completely numb. Then my eyes fell shut.

I woke up staring at my bedroom-ceiling. I took a deep breath and felt like i needed to throw up. I turned to get up and found a bucket next to my bed, already half-full of vomit. Guess this happened a few times before...

"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?"

My mother's face appeared above mine, pressing her cool palms against my face. I wanted to tell her i felt like shit but all that came out was puke, puke and some more puke.

A while later I opened my eyes to complete darkness but I heard my phone ringing in the distance. I turned my head towards the sound and reached out to grab it from my nightstand. It was the fourth missed call from Mia.

"Hey Amanda, you okay? Haven't heard from you all day and you're not answering my calls or texts. I was just about to come over"

"Uh...hmm..i.. yeah i'm okay"

My voice sounded hoarse.

"Are you sure? You don't sound okay. Are you home?"

"Yeah... yeah but don't come over. I think i'm getting a cold or something and i'm really tired. I'll talk to you tomorrow"

"Okay... feel better. If you don't come to school i'll come to you right after"

"Yeah sure don't worry about me, bye"

"Night"

I hung up and took a deep breath as i sat up. I felt better but still really empty. I checked the time and it was 8:46. How long had i been out? Or more importantly... what the hell happened? I pushed the covers off of me to see my legs. They were both wrapped up in bandage. Had i burnt myself? Who'd wrapped me up and what'd they think happened? I set one foot on the ground and then the other. I applied pressure and it didn't hurt so i stood up and carefully walked to the door. I could hear my father's voice in the hall, probably putting David and Diana to bed. I opened the door slowly and stepped into the light of the hallway.

"Dad?"

He look at me and smiled. I hadn't seen him in a while. He goes out of town for meetings with big companies really often and he had been gone for a week this time.

"Hey beautiful, how are you feeling?"

I looked down at my bandaged legs and chuckled.

"Better than i look i think"

He walked over to me and hugged me. I loved my father. I think because I've learnt to appreciate the time i spend with him.

"Are you hungry? Mom made pasta"

I was starving. I nodded and he helped me get downstairs where my mom was on the phone with a friend i guessed. Dad sat me down and handed me a plate with some pasta Alfredo, my favorite. My mother turned around to look at me and smiled.

"Listen Mary, i'll call you back tomorrow first thing okay? bye"

She hung up and walked over to the table, sitting down with her hands under her chin. I was so hungry i decided to just slurp the pasta and avoid the fact that my heart was racing.

"How are you feeling?"

I nodded with my mouth full and realized i'd been asked the same question three times in the last fifteen minutes. When i was done chewing and swallowing i looked up at my mother and father who were staring at me.

"Amanda... when I got home and found you in there like that i- ... what happened in that bathroom?"

MasteryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara