Playing With Fire

Rory

She thought i didn't hear her. I wish i didn't. How could she know? I didn't even know what the hell i was. All that was going through my mind was PANIC.

Dave hated my guts, my uncle must have noticed by now that i wasn't home and that amazingly gorgeous girl Amanda 'knew what i was'.

I couldn't go home and i couldn't go to Benjamin's. I decided to go to grandma's house. I hadn't seen her in a while but she loved me and she'd understand. She always understood.

As i lay on her couch i stared at the ceiling. Grandma had called uncle Gary and told him where i was and i could tell he was a little worried. Good, i thought. I replayed the events of the night in my head.

Pretty was an understatement of how beautiful Amanda was. 

The moon made her hair glow this golden-brownish color and her smile was the prettiest i'd ever seen. I'd tried not to stare at her too much but i failed and Benjamin noticed. He was telling me i was 'playing with fire' and Dave probably already planned 'how he was going to kill me'. I figured the reason he was being so territorial was because he'd wanted her, just like Benjamin had told me earlier. 

That's why it was easy to tell her that Dave was an ass. Even though I had been the one acting like an ass. But i had to stay away from her since Dave now saw me as threat. I'd lose my only two friends.

I sighed a little too loud and turned to face the couch. Why is it all so complicated? 

Moments later, i started drifting off into a dozy sleep.

An image flashed before my eyes right before i actually fell asleep and i sat up straight.

Her face. Right after she yelled after me that she knew what i was. She panicked. Her hands were covered in gooey metal. How was that possible? I ran a million possibilities through my mind but none of them were relevant or possible. That was definitely not normal, either.