Questions With Questions

Rory

I don't know exactly why i laughed. It just felt right in the moment. We were going to sleep there for the night and hitchhike to Padmore in the morning. I knew those men were of high authority and probably had search patrols out for us but i wasn't afraid. We just had to make it to Padmore, and we did our best not to stand out.

As for Amanda, she obviously felt things for Dave that she didn't feel for me and it was okay. I just had to learn to live with that. I looked at her from the corner of my eye. Her hair blew softly in the wind and she stared in front of her. What was going in her mind?

Amanda and I ran away together, i already failed once to protect her but it wasn't going to happen again.

"You're a really good painter" she said.

She kept staring straight ahead.

"Thanks"

"And you draw really well"

Sounded like she was thinking about me...

"Was that what you had in your hands back in my room?"

I remember her standing by the window... confused.

"What do you like to draw?"

Since we were answering questions with entirely different questions...

"Why do you want to hear me say it, Amanda Daniëlle?" I taunted.

She looked at me now. Her head lolling to the side. The moon lit up half her face and hair but i swear I caught a smile.