wei wuxian :: familiar stranger

pairing. wei wuxian x male reader

<3

"all right kids, line up!" wei wuxian smiled brightly as he held up a sign in front of a scattered group of children. all the children broke away from each other before obeying, scurrying to find their height as they fell in line. "is everyone here?" he asked, squinting his eyes as a playful pout formed on his lips.

all the children, girls, and boys, raised their hands and chorused a, "yes, wei-laoshi!" they shouted with bright smiles.

wei wuxian immediately pulled a finger to his lips, "shhh!" he shushed. "we're in a museum, remember? we can't make any noise or the ancient spirits will get restless and follow us home!" he makes a few motions with his hands as he scares the children with a silly little ghost joke.

they all kept their mouths shut before nodding cautiously. "yes, wei-laoshi." they repeated, quieter this time. wei wuxian giggled inside his head. he pulled a smile to his lips before turning around, facing the entrance of the museum. "all right, let's go."

he passed through the doors of the museum, the line of children following closely behind him as a few of them curiously peeks their heads over the person in front of them to sneak a glance. then, they all gasped in awe at the multitude of ancient chinese relics that surrounded them.

the museum was gigantic! tattered scrolls hung on walls, displaying ancient poems and texts. paintings were kept behind glass, the yellow paper looking more fragile than the glass protecting it. there were metal plaques underneath each display, with engraved texts describing what each item was.

wei wuxian told the kids to follow after him as one of the museum tour guides motioned towards one of the hallways. he smiles a little as he tells them to keep quiet. the children were in complete awe at everything; armor and ancient weapons caught the boys' eyes while dresses used by the empresses of old caught the girls'.

"all right, we've arrived at the yiling exhibit. please remember not to touch anything." the museum tour guide announces as she paused in the doorway leading to another exhibit.

"if you would look to your right, you'll see the excavated pieces of clothing belonging to the last members of the tyrannical qishan wen clan of old...." the tour guide's voice began to fade out in wei wuxian's ears as he could hear whispering behind him.

"jin ling, don't touch that!" wei wuxian turned around and saw three of his students gathered in front of a blackened skeleton. it looked like it was burned while the person was still alive. "don't tell me what to do!" jin ling insists as he keeps his friend's hands away from him. wei wuxian curiously looked at the skeleton, ignoring the three boys who were arguing in hushed voices.

"hmm..." wei wuxian squinted his eyes to take a closer look at the plaque. "lan y/n..." he muttered.

"laoshi! a-ling won't listen!" wei wuxian snapped his head towards his student, lan jingyi. his brother, sizhui, stood beside him all teary-eyed as jin ling crossed his arms and huffed. he opened his mouth, about to say something, when another voice suddenly cut in,

"little boy, if you touch that skeleton, you'll be inflicted by the black clouds curse."

the four turned their heads. they saw a young man standing beside wei wuxian.

he was wearing casual clothing consisting of a rainbow-colored t-shirt tucked into some overalls. his forearms were covered in vines and flower tattoos, even his neck was crawling with them. he wore shades with pink lenses, and his ears were covered in piercings. his messy hair was dyed the same shade of pink as his shades.

is he a freelance artist or a gangster? wei wuxian wondered, immediately standing in front of the children as soon as he saw a pack of cigarettes tucked inside his pocket. he thought, he's definitely a gangster!

the unnamed young man chuckled. "relax, laoshi." he smoothly says as he tucks his hand into his pockets. "i'm just some guy who got dumped by his blind date." he adds, shrugging his shoulders.

he then tosses his head to the side, looking at the three children hiding behind the uneasy wei wuxian. "wanna know something about this guy?" he asks, winking at the kids. the three left wei wuxian's back and gathered around the young man, looking at him with curious, expecting eyes.

"this guy had an entire cult dedicated to him before he died. so in his first death, his followers revived him using dark magic." the young man exaggerates his words a little so he could make the story sound a little more exciting. "he reincarnated again and wreaked havoc all across china until he was killed a second time."

"what?!"

"he's terrible!"

"he died?"

"he died?" the young man repeats, sarcasm in his tone. he scoffs, "no, little boy. some say that he still walks among us, endlessly reincarnating over and over and over..." the children seemed genuinely invested in the story as more children come to gather around him to listen.

"these bones are nothing when you know that he's still out there. some say he still hasn't had enough of his revenge. while others say that he's looking for someone." the young man's eyes flickered to wei wuxian's for a brief moment before he returns his gaze to the children, smiling brightly.

"who is he looking for?" the children leaned in, wanting to hear his answer. "tell us, gege!"

the young man laughed. he points his index finger to a painting hanging by the wall beside the skeleton and wei wuxian and children's eyes follow where he was pointing to.

he was pointing to an old and yellowed painting, where the subject seemed to be of two young men. one held an erhu, the other, a flute. a gigantic, ferocious beast was depicted in the painting as well, circling the two. "mo dao zu shi." he enunciated every word, and gods, did it sound so attractive to wei wuxian's ears. "his best friend, his partner-in-crime... his most important person."

wei wuxian stared at the painting. he felt a strange sensation bubbling up in his chest. a warm feeling that spread across his entire body like a jolt of lightning coursing through his veins, traveling through his body until it reached his thumping heart.

"y/n..." he turned towards the young man, only to find him gone. the children seemed to be just as baffled as he was as they looked everywhere, trying to find the unnamed young man. the girls swooned as they excitedly chattered amongst themselves, "what a romantic story!" they ignored the fact that the colorful storyteller had disappeared, seemingly into thin air.

wei wuxian felt deflated as the girls droned on and on about the romance of the story despite its dark themes. his shoulders slouched a little as his lips twisted into a sad frown. "yeah... how romantic." he rubbed his nape, cringing a little. he tucked his other hand into his pocket as he was about to gather the students once more so they could move on to the next exhibit.

but then he felt something in his pocket. a piece of paper? he fished it out of his pocket and his eyes widened.

i found you.

-

is this a reincarnated au of my mdzs book? 🧐

we dunnaurrr

anyways, requests are open <3
just remember that i'm trying to create a safe space for everyone here, that means, male female and gender neutral readers are all welcome <3

smut is obviously welcome so go crazy with the requests 😚 but not too crazy because... meatstick...