wei wuxian, lan wangji :: mountains

pairing. wei wuxian x male reader x lan wangji
prompt. after a hard-won battle, the three cultivators finally found peace in the mountains.

<3

life up in the mountains wasn't so bad when you had two of your most cherished people alongside you. that was the case of y/n, who lived up in the mountains with his two cultivation partners, wei wuxian of yunmeng jiang, and lan wangji of gusu lan. he was happy and content with his current life, after all, he was free.

the house they lived in was small, but warm and cozy, surrounded by a dense forest that seemed to never run out of berries or fruits. a river could be found nearby, flowing down along the mountainside. it had an abundancy of freshwater fish, and wei wuxian, being a member of the yunmeng jiang for the early parts of his life, was always able to bring home a bountiful catch.

y/n smiled as he looked out the window. everything was so quiet, so serene... a flock of white birds flew past his vision, soaring higher and higher until they were almost touching the setting sky. goodness, it's so late already. y/n shook his head. he looked down at his little art project — a blanket he was hand-sewing for him and his partners.

speaking of his partners, both lan wangji and wei wuxian had left earlier that morning — lan wangji went demon hunting, while wei wuxian went out to look for food. but it's already been hours since they had left, and they've yet to return. a feeling of worry began creeping onto y/n's veins as he stared out the window, expecting his partners to just walk up to the front porch and ease his worrying heart.

but minutes passed, and they've yet to appear.

what if something happened? y/n thought. his hands subconsciously gripped the nearly finished blanket he was hand sewing. this mountain should be safe from demons, lan zhan made sure of it. the gnawing feeling of worry tried to overtake his sane thoughts.

he shook his head, trying to ignore that feeling. trust them, y/n. he scolded himself as he continued sewing. he lost himself in his own little world, distracting himself from all the thought and possibilities of the things that could be happening to his partners. before he knew it, he finished the blanket. there. he smiled.

he stood up and straightened the blanket. the blanket boasted intricate patterns of chrysanthemums and lotuses, with other intertwining designs of vines and leaves to fill in every empty space in the blanket. he smiled, neatly folding the blanket before placing it on top of the table.

he smiled in satisfaction, grateful that his mind allowed him to finish crafting the item in peace. then the thoughts came back. worry and fear went hand-in-hand, now more than ever since it was already evening. in the clearing where his shared house stood, the moon shone down a pale light unto the cozy structure, as if guiding lost souls towards it.

with a wave of his hand, talismans flew out of y/n's robes, illuminating every candle in the house. in the blink of an eye, the tiny little home was lit. y/n looked out the window once more, hoping to catch even the slightest hint of his husbands' aura.

then he felt it; an overwhelmingly dark presence that seemed to suffocate him. y/n grumbled to himself. how could i not notice it?! he blamed himself for being so distracted. he leaped off the window, calling his saber with his qi. his feet landed on his saber, mid-air, and he soared off — towards the direction of the ominous presence.

then he saw it; a particularly ferocious walking corpse was stumbling around an open area in the forest, roaring and growling in every direction. lan wangji and wei wuxian were there, but it looked like they were having a hard time fighting the fierce corpses, especially since wei wuxian's hands were empty of neither sword nor flute so all he could do was stay out of lan wangji's way.

y/n leaped off his saber. it's been a while since he's last seen some action in the battlefield, but he could feel it; his battle instincts returning to him. what made him one of the strongest fighters in his clan, returned to him once he saw his partners in trouble. he abandoned his fear, taking bravery with him to the battlefield as he leaped off his sword.

he plummeted towards the ground, and with his saber, he easily cut down the fierce corpse. the corpse twitched a couple times, and out of instinct, y/n stomped on its head, easily crushing its skull. he sighed in relief when it finally stopped moving. he turned towards his partners, worry clear on his face.

"wangji, a-xian! are you alright?" y/n asked, walking up to them.

"ahh! a-y/n, you've saved us!" wei wuxian dramatically sighs as he goes in to hug y/n.

y/n doesn't mind and immediately has wei wuxian's waist wrapped in one arm while his partner clung to his side. wangji sheathed his sword and hummed slightly.

"we're alright. we were just caught by surprise. we weren't expecting there to be this many fierce corpses, and that one was particularly strong." wangji said.

together, the three began their walk back home, with wei wuxian still holding onto y/n, while he held a fresh catch of fish on his free hand. wangji was on y/n's other side, robes still as clean and unwrinkled as when he had left earlier that day.

"it's a good thing a-y/n came to our rescue!" wei wuxian smiled. "i keep forgetting how strong you are."

wangji hummed in agreement, his hands on his back.

"well, whatever. the important thing is that you're both safe." y/n smiled, pulling wei wuxian closer. with his other hand, he tugged on wangji's sleeve, which wangji immediately understood. he linked arms with y/n as the three trudged up the dirt path leading to their house.

"it looks like a-xian caught a lot of fish today! we'll be eating a lot tonight!" y/n smiled, looking over at wei wuxian.

wei wuxian smiled proudly, "of course!" he humphed. y/n laughed before planting a kiss on wei wuxian's cheek. he looked at lan wangji and gently tightened his grip on wangji's arm as he looked up at him, smile on his lips.

"and the mountain is safe from demons thanks to wangji!" y/n praises, leaning his head on wangji's shoulder. "well, mostly~" wei wuxian giggled, sending a sly smile over to lan wangji, whose cheeks turned slightly red. the redness mostly went to his ears. y/n laughed. as if it was contagious, wei wuxian began laughing as well, until their house came to view.

wei wuxian ran ahead, still holding the fish that he caught. he looked back at y/n and wangji, beckoning them, "come on, you slowpokes! i'm starving!!" before picking up the pace, practically dashing over to their tiny house. little apple, who was locked into his pen at a shaded area attached to the side of the house, brayed in greeting to the trio. wei wuxian tosses an apple in the donkey's direction, and little apple easily caught it before happily munching on it.

"come on!" wei wuxian calls, waving over his two partners. y/n shook his head before looking at wangji. the two shared a smile before joining their lover.

~~

cuties lomls