* lan xichen :: married life

pairing. lan xichen x husband, male reader
prompt. lan xichen is exhausted from his duties as clan leader. fortunately, he has the perfect partner to help him relax. smut.

order for <3 Kenndrie 

lan xichen was over the moon when he found out that l/n y/n had agreed to marry him. he was beautiful, smart, and well-liked by all, not to mention, a wise scholar recognized even by his uncle, lan qiren. he shouldn't be surprised — l/n y/n was originally one of his uncle's students after all. they were around the same age, so when lan xichen had originally met him five years prior to their marriage, they managed to hit it off right away.

now here they were, five years later and happily married. l/n y/n had left his job as a scholar in the lanling jin clan to join the gusu lan clan, wishing to be closer to his husband than to be surrounded by books and glamour in the koi palace.

xichen was ready to turn in for the night after a long day of running the clan. he was exhausted, his whole body was sore and his muscles ached. his eyelids drooped as soon as he had found his way back to his shared room with his husband. after a long day, all he needed to finish it off was to see his husband's face before bed. he hadn't seen his husband all day, after all, he was far too busy accommodating visitors from other clans and arranging night hunts and whatnot.

so when he opened the door to his room, relief and relaxation washed over his entire body. the room smelled of jasmine, a naturally sleep-inducing scent, while on the far side of the room, where the window was, sat his husband. he was facing the window, guqin in front of him as he gently played a soothing melody. his fingers expertly plucked each string with a delicate expertise, as if he had been using the instrument his whole life, where in reality, he had only started learning around last year.

xichen smiled. was this what his husband occupied himself with?

after y/n had finished his piece, xichen clapped, gaining his husband's attention. "my goodness- xichen, how long have you been there?" y/n hurriedly stood up, but not before carefully moving the guqin in a much safer position. xichen only chuckled. "long enough to hear what a fantastic guqin player you had become."

y/n's cheeks reddened from the praise, but he quickly shook his head. "come on, i've drawn you a hot bath." xichen chuckled, shutting the door behind him as y/n pushed him in the direction of the baths, which was a private bathroom attached to xichen's bedroom. just as y/n had said, the bath was already prepared, and the water in the tub seemed to be steaming a little.

carefully, y/n began helping xichen out of his clothes. his fingers moved deftly, removing each layer of robes that xichen wore. by the time they had reached the last layer, y/n hesitated, his fingers pausing on the hem of xichen's sleeves.

noticing his sudden pause, xichen turned his head to look at y/n. he seemed a little flustered as he slowly removed his hands from xichen's clothes. but xichen prevented him from moving away. he grabbed hold of y/n's wrist. y/n slowly looks up, his eyes meeting his husband's — filled only with so much love and adoration, y/n couldn't help but lean in to place a gentle kiss on xichen's lips.

"a-y/n..." xichen whispered, parting away slightly only for y/n to pull him back into another kiss. "xichen, you haven't been around lately..." y/n murmured, lips against xichen's.

"i've been..." y/n gasped, feeling lan xichen's hands undo his robes in one move. "lonely.." y/n breathed against xichen's ear before biting on it as xichen's hands had finally found themselves under y/n's robes. in one fell move, y/n's robes had slid off his shoulders, landing on the floor. the bath forgotten, the two hurriedly made their way to their shared bed.