wei wuxian, lan wangji :: comfort

pairing. lan wangji x male reader x wei wuxian

prompt. the cultivation world is finally at peace now that the truth about wei wuxian has been revealed and the schemes of jin guangyao had been uncovered. but there are still some whose dreams remain haunted by the horrors of jin guangyao's cruelty.

<3

"get rid of this child."

after the current lady of the lanling jin clan had endured hours upon hours of endless labor, her son, and jin guangyao's heir would be born. but after qin su passed out from exhaustion, jin guangyao took his son out of the room, with none of the handmaidens questioning his actions. he walked out into the hallways, passing through the dark, unlit torches as he maneuvered around patrolling jin disciples until finally, he arrived at one room.

he quickly entered the dark room, silently closing the door behind him. the room had wooden furniture such as bookshelves and desks, with two beds and golden tapestries bearing the peony symbol sewn onto them, hanging from the ceiling. one of the beds were empty, but the other had golden, silk bedsheets, with a figure sleeping on top of them.

the figure was l/n y/n, a guest disciple from another clan that jin guangyao planned on absorbing into the lanling jin clan. he initially arrived in lanling to learn their ways, but jin guangyao had employed him as his personal assistant after finding out his talent with the sword and political affairs, hence, the glamorous bedroom. it was already midnight, and y/n's desk was stacked with papers that were to be sent to jin guangyao's office in the morning. they seemed unfinished, but y/n valued his sleep more than his work.

narrowing his eyes, jin guangyao slapped y/n's shoulder to wake him up. the disciple jumped out of the bed, a yelp escaping his lips. "l/n y/n, i have a job for you." y/n rubbed his eyes.

apart from helping him run his clan smoothly, y/n was also employed by jin guangyao to help with other matters. he handed his newborn son to y/n, practically shoving the baby into his arms. "get rid of this child." all of a sudden, all the sleepiness in y/n's system faded away, replaced by jin guangyao's orders. "pardon?" jin guangyao was already at the door, his eyes bearing a cold look in them as he glanced at y/n over his shoulder.

"get rid of that child." he spat. "but isn't this your child-"

"i don't care!" jin guangyao whisper-yelled, marching up to y/n with a deadly look in his eyes. "kill it and be back immediately."

the next thing y/n knew, he was by a canal in the slums of lanling, his golden nightrobes stained with a scarlet color. he kneeled down on the floor and dipped his hands into the water, watching with blank eyes as the water washed away the red on his skin. but as the moonlight came out of hiding, the light allowed y/n to see how none of the blood in his hands washed away.

"no.."

he scrubbed his hands, trying to get rid of the blood, but to no avail. only more and more blood came out of his hands. he continued to rub them, dipping them in the water a couple more times, but nothing worked. the red had forever stained his skin.

"no..."

he tried again and again. his nails scratched his skin as he tried everything to wash off the blood, but even as he wiped them into his nightrobes, the red only left a mark on his robes, but would not leave his skin.

"no this... this can't..."

when he looked out into the river, all he saw instead, were mountains of bodies. all the people he had killed for jin guangyao were there, all of their bodies piled on top of each other, their eyes opened and all of them were looking at him. his most recent kill had washed back on shore, stopping in front of him. the small eyes of the poor child were wide open, bloodshot and evil. 

"no..."

"murderer."

"traitor."

"sinner."

~

"no!!" y/n woke up with a jolt. his body was covered in a thin layer of cold sweat and he was breathing heavily, almost as if he was having a hard time breathing. the visions of everyone's eyes on him sent a shiver up his spine. he clutched his blanket and brought it closer to him as tears gathered in the corners of his eyes.

meanwhile, from his right, wei wuxian stirred awake. lan wangji, who was on wei wuxian's other side, had also woken up. the two most likely heard y/n's distressed scream and had woken up from their deep slumber as well. y/n hung his head low, embarassed that he had woken up his two lovers.

"hnghh... a-y/n...?" wei wuxian muttered sleepily, turning his body to look at him. lan wangji gave him a worried look as he sat up. "what's wrong?" he asked, brows furrowed in worry. y/n shook his head and didn't say anything. wangji reached out, extending his arm over wei wuxian, who was half-asleep. he placed a hand on top of y/n's hand, gently grabbing it.

"do you want to talk about it?" wangji asked. at this point, wei wuxian was now awake, mostly. he was awake enough to be able to understand what his lovers were saying. he sat up from bed and laid his head on y/n's shoulder, yawning slightly. y/n looked from wangji's worried face, to wei wuxian, who had his head on y/n's shoulder as a way to provide comfort for his beloved.

"i see them." y/n says after a short moment. "who?" wangji asked. wei wuxian looked up, his eyes on y/n to let him know that he was paying attention. "the... the people he made me... kill." y/n confessed. it looked like he struggled to get the words out of his mouth, but he managed to say it. wangji and wei wuxian both shared a look.

wangji's hand gripped y/n's tighter, enough to let him know that he cared. wei wuxian wrapped his arms around y/n's waist. "he's gone now, and with him, the sins he made you commit." wangji gently assures him, drawing circles on y/n's hand. wei wuxian snuggled into y/n. "yeah. and besides, you're here now — with us." he said, glancing at wangji.

the two of them smiled at y/n. "i know it's hard to forget what he did to you, but we're here now, with you in the present. jin guangyao is in the past, so its time to move on from him." y/n looked into wei wuxian's kind and loving eyes. "what if i never move on?" y/n whispered under his breath, the tears, finally escaping his eyes.

"you will. maybe not now, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not in years. but you will — someday." wangji tells him, placing a kiss on his hand.

"and we'll be right here with you." wei wuxian smiled, gently making y/n look at him as he places a his hand on y/n's cheek. he placed a gentle kiss on y/n's cheek before wiping away his tears with his thumb.

"thank you."

~

my heart- TOT

jin guangyao i love you as a villain <33

also this is a redo of the other lwj x m reader x wwx because i forgot that the reader requested a specific storyline IHAUDGA actually im not sure who requested it cuz their comment isn't showing their name anymore TOT