xie lian, hua cheng :: baby dreams

pairing. hua cheng, xie lian x male reader 

prompt. xie lian and hua cheng are living happily in their little shrine in puqi village along with their husband. but things get a little complicated in their household when their adorable husband suddenly gets knocked up.

order for <3 Rosaleenstark21

xie lian expects to wake up as he always has for the past few months — with a smile on his lips and the sun barely peeking over the horizon, and of course, with his two husbands to greet him good morning from beside him. but this time was different. he woke up to hua cheng and y/n missing from his bed, their side of the bed empty and long cold.

xie lian turned to the side and saw y/n hunched over a bowl in the kitchen, gagging and throwing up hua cheng missing from the scene. worried, xie lian scrambled out of his bed and headed straight for y/n. "a-y/n, what's wrong? are you alright?" he asked, gently pulling back y/n's long hair, holding it behind his head with one hand while his other hand gently patted his back.

"i'm fine... i-i think." y/n muttered weakly, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. he could barely utter the next sentence as he gagged, feeling whatever meal he had left inside him coming back up his mouth. xie lian frowned, brows creased in worry as y/n threw his head over the bowl as he threw up again.

"a-cheng, where are you?" xie lian muttered, unable to keep his eyes off y/n out of pure concern. not a second later, the door to puqi shrine opened, revealing hua cheng. behind him, an elderly woman followed. "i'm here, and i brought help." hua cheng says as he strides into the house, heading straight for his hunched up lover.

the elderly woman followed behind him after closing the door. she went to the ill y/n after hua cheng steps to the side for her. he gently tugs on xie lian's sleeve, gaining his attention. "she's here to help him." hua cheng tells him. "why didn't you tell me anything? or woke me up?" xie lian scolds him. "i'm sorry." hua cheng apologizes quietly. "i panicked."

xia lian's eyes softened before he rubbed hua cheng's arm as a silent apology. "it's alright. i'm sorry."

the two then looked at the elderly woman, who had already placed her hand on y/n's back. she rubbed his back a few times, letting him throw up as much as he could. "i am going to check for your vitals." she told him and y/n groaned weakly as the woman continued rubbing his back. her fingers went to his neck, checking his pulse. then to his forehead, checking his temperature. finally, her hand went to his stomach.

her eyes widened for a brief moment. her hand was still on his stomach, as if she couldn't believe what she was touching. then, she finally pulled away. y/n looked at her, about to speak, but the woman shook her head, silently telling him not to say anymore. she then went to hua cheng and xie lian, who stood only a couple of feet away to give them space.

"i can't believe what i'm going to say." the woman sighed. "what is it?" xie lian asked. "how bad is it?" hua cheng immediately followed with another question. the woman looked from one man to the other, then back to y/n, who no longer had any strength to hold himself up. he slid onto the floor exhausted.

"he's pregnant."

~

"i can't believe you're pregnant, a-y/n!" hua cheng smiled widely. after hearing the news from the old doctor from the village, hua cheng and xie lian couldn't bring themselves to leave their lover alone for a moment longer. they both embraced him after the doctor left her notes and tips for pregnant people. although, those tips and medicines were more for pregnant women, she gave it to them anyways.

xie lian didn't know if those tips could apply to their lover, mostly because he was a god and a man at birth, but he was willing to follow them instead of going in blindly. he smiled as he watched hua cheng lay beside an exhausted y/n, his hand on their husband's belly. "do you think it'll be a girl? i'd like a girl." hua cheng smiles, looking at xie lian. "what do you think, gege?"

"i think i'd like a girl as well." xie lian answered, taking his spot on y/n's other side. "what about you, a-y/n? do you think it'll be a girl or a boy?" xie lian asked, gently tucking a strand of y/n's hair behind his ear. "i suppose a girl would be nice." y/n sighed. "but whether they're a girl or a boy or choose to become another when they grow up, i'll still love them."

"the only question now is-"

"i wonder whose the father?" hua cheng randomly asks out of the blue, cutting off xie lian mid-sentence. "what do you mean? we're both the fathers, right?" xie lian asks hua cheng. "yeah, but considering we both..." hua cheng gives a suggestive look towards y/n, who only rolled his eyes. "what? it's an important question! will it be a ghost baby or a god baby?" hua cheng jokes, wrapping his arms around y/n's waist.

"can you believe this?" y/n asked, looking at xie lian as he points to hua cheng, who happily snuggles into y/n's shoulder. xie lian laughed. "we're both the fathers, a-cheng." xie lian placed a kiss on y/n's shoulder. "and that makes a-y/n the mother." he jokes.

"if its a ghost baby, then with a-y/n's blood as a god, the baby can unite both the heavenly realm and the ghost realm." hua cheng sighs. his eyes reflected a dream of a bright future, on where their child would be the most celebrated immortal in all the three realms. y/n smiled, placing his hand on hua cheng's cheek. "that's a beautiful dream, a-cheng." xie lian smiles softly, leaning his head on y/n's shoulder.

hua cheng laid his head on top of y/n's stomach and smiled as he vaguely heard a second heartbeat inside of y/n's stomach.

"what should we name the baby?" xie lian asks. "any suggestions?"

~

cuties TT 

they would be such good parents im sobbing, like xie lian's vv soft and caring and hua cheng's vv overprotective hngghh TOT