shen jiu ;; calm

pairing. shen jiu x husband! reader
prompt. soft and fluffy and overprotective shen jiu x male reader who hurt his hand after getting pissed.

order for <3 SolandisFluer

shen jiu felt like the luckiest man alive when he had finally been wed to l/n y/n. they'd swore themselves to one other before the altar of the gods, making their love everlasting and eternal the night after. now, the sun peeked through the wooden blinds, gently stirring shen jiu awake.

his eyes fluttered open and the sight he first awakes to is the face of his beloved husband. contrary to the regal and ethereal appearance he shows to everyone else, this was a sight only shen jiu could see.

y/n's hair was messy, strands knotted together in some places, and loose robes wrapped around his shoulders as if they'd been carelessly thrown together. shen jiu propped an arm up and rested his cheek against his hand. he watched y/n sleep, the proudest smile on his lips as he thanked the gods for allowing them to love each other.

shen jiu couldn't help but reach out to y/n's face, gently brushing away the strands that threatened to enter his mouth. y/n's nose scrunched up a little, and he made the most adorable face ever to shen jiu. chuckling softly, shen jiu patiently waits for y/n's face to relax again before he dares to poke y/n's cheek with one slender finger.

he still couldn't believe this was all real. he poked y/n repeatedly, as if some part of him believed that when y/n woke up, he'd disappear, and he'd find out that everything... the wedding, the night after... was all just a dream. oh, it would crush his heart.

but finally, y/n was roused from his sleep. he stirred awake and opened his eyes to see shen jiu smiling down at him, the gentle rays of sunlight making shen jiu's skin glow in the morning sun. "good morning." he greets his husband with a smile. y/n blinked once, then twice, then smiled widely.

"it wasn't a dream." he wistfully says. shen jiu barely caught himself squealing. he leaned down and quickly embraced his half-asleep lover on the bed. y/n giggled as shen jiu kisses him all over his face.

it took nearly the entire morning for them just to get out of bed.

~

come afternoon, shen jiu had to leave to attend a meeting over at bai zhan peak with the other peak lords. he kissed his husband goodbye on the cheek, and gazed at his lover's form as his carriage rode away into the distance.

the meeting took way too long. shen jiu thought it had gone on for more than the entire day as all the words spoken by the peak lords during the meeting, flew away — only thoughts of his husband occupied his mind.

so as soon as the meeting was adjourned, shen jiu left the room in a hurry, his seat, empty, before the other lords could even get up from their seats.

the carriage sped over the rainbow bridge and past the other peaks, until finally, shen jiu arrived home. it was nearly dinner time, so he full expected his husband to welcome him back as soon as he stepped through the gates. but to his surprise, it was ning yingying, who looked distressed.

"master! someone's here, someone's here!" she wailed, throwing herself at him. "who is it?!" after a tiring day of work, all shen jiu wanted was to see his husband, but instead, he was welcomed back by a problem.

"some men who claim they want to be your disciples, master! they've been bothering y/n-shixiong since they arrived!" shen jiu's eyes darkened. "where are they?" he asked menacingly. "at the courtyard..."

upon hearing this, shen jiu stomps away from ning yingying, who chases after him. shen jiu quickly arrived at the courtyard. his presence remained largely unknown as he watched a group of three men kneeling in front of y/n. his husband was giving them a nasty look, his hand on his sword as if he wanted nothing more than to whip it out and slash them with it.

ming fan runs up to his master, holding a wooden stick on his hand. he bows and offers it to him. "master." shen jiu snatched the stick from ming fan's hands and marches over to his husband.

"oh, please, wise and beautiful master, take us in and make us your disciples!"

"we've traveled far and wide in the hopes that we'd get get to be your disciples."

y/n rubbed his temples. "like i said before, i'm not the master around here. even if i was, i wouldn't take you in just because you traveled very far." one of the young men raised his head to look at y/n, "then pray tell, who is the master?!" he immediately regrets asking as a figure from behind y/n suddenly appears.

"i am." shen jiu's words sends a shiver up the poor young men's spine. shen jiu grabs his husband by the waist before pushing him behind him. "i know you. all you men want is a chance to get closer to my husband." he raises the wooden stick on his hand and whacks it onto one of the men's heads. "you dare come into my peak with such impure thoughts?!" he whacks another one on the head.

the young men tries to scurry away from the angry peak master, but a few disciples had come over to block their escape as they crowded around the area. "get out!! never come back!!"
the men pushed through the crowd and runs away, afraid of making shen jiu angrier.
finally, their figures disappear out the gates. shen jiu exhaled sharply, his grip on the wooden stick tightened, until the poor object shattered from his grip. shen jiu snapped out of it. he looks at his hand, finding blood seeping through wooden splinters.

"my love." y/n's calm voice catches his attention. he turns towards his lover, who smiled gently at him as he grabbed his hand. "calm down. they're gone." his voice was soft. y/n waved his hands, and immediately, the crowd of disciples had dispersed, clearing the courtyard in a matter of seconds. y/n tugs on shen jiu' sleeve and beckons him to follow. shen jiu obeys.
the two of them entered their shared hut. shen jiu was quiet the whole way. finally, they reached their bedroom, shen jiu sat down on the bed as y/n got to work. he pulled a medical kit from underneath the floorboards of their room. "don't you have something to say?" y/n asks his husband as he tries to pull out the splinters on shen jiu's hand. "what about you?" shen jiu returned.

"i had it under control." y/n told him with a sigh. he finished removing all the splinters. shen jiu didn't say anything, the silence between the two of them was deafening as neither of them spoke up. finally, y/n moved. he places a gentle kiss on shen jiu's injured hand. ".... thank you." y/n smiled before placing another kiss on shen jiu's hand.

shen jiu finally released a breath he didn't know he was holding. he reaches down to pet his beloved on the head and y/n looks up at him, his eyes staring up at him as if he was looking at a god. he smiled before placing another kiss on shen jiu's hand.

~

a/n

cutieess