junior trio :: fishing

pairing. lan sizhui x male reader x lan jingyi x jin ling
prompt. the junior trio goes out on a night hunt, but one thing after another makes them lose their food. now they have to hunt for dinner with the aid of their laid-back senior.

order for <3 nxverwxnderlxnd

the night hunt was going well so far. right now, only lan sizhui and lan jingyi were present from the gusu lan clan, just the two of them with no seniors to boss them around. jin ling was with them as well, but he was walking ahead of the two, slashing his sword left and right to get rid of any overgrowth in front of them.

"are we lost?" jingyi suddenly calls out loud. "no we're not!" jin ling yells back from up front.

"man, we are so, one hundred percent lost!" jingyi whispers to sizhui. "we've passed by the same tree like four times already!"

"calm down, i'm sure we'll come across a river or something soon." sizhui tells jingyi in an attempt to calm him down before jingyi loses his temper and picks a fight with jin ling. jingyi huffed, crossing his arms across his chest.

the group continued walking ahead, led by an awfully quiet jin ling. jingyi was terribly close to exploding on jin ling, which sizhui could feel as he was beside jingyi the whole journey. this wasn't how their night hunts usually went, but this was the first time they'd be without a senior. maybe that's why the three decided to wander deep into the mountains, hoping to catching something good, but all they really encountered was a stray rabbit or two before they went back to carving a path through the woods.

jingyi couldn't hold his tongue anymore. "i knew it! we're lost!!" he cried. "we just went in a circle!!"

"no way!" jin ling yells back, turning around to face his fellow junior. "i... i definitely know where we're going!" he barks, pointing a finger at jingyi.

"oh, really? 'cuz all we got from following you, are mosquito bites and bullshit!" jingyi yelled.

"jingyi!" sizhui scolds him almost immediately after jingyi's words were released. "sorry, sizhui, but i can't take it anymore!!" jingyi marched right up to jin ling's face. "who even put you in charge of us?!"

"we agreed on it!"

"no way! your senior put you in charge, but that doesn't make you in charge of us!"

"a senior whether he's in your clan or not is a senior!! you're just jealous he didn't choose you!!"

before they could release anymore words at each other, sizhui shoved them apart and yells, "that's enough!!" the two immediately shut their mouths, listening to sizhui. "don't you here that?"

"hear what?" when they spoke at the same time, they almost immediately glared at each other. "water. i hear water." sure enough, when the two quieted down, they heard the gentle rush of a nearby body of water. jingyi and jin ling shared a look before they quickly rushed ahead, leaving sizhui behind while racing to find the source of the water.

sizhui shook his head before quickly following after the two.

when they had arrived at an opening, they found a fresh river of water with fishes jumping out of the surface. the two bantering juniors smiled. "looks like we've found the perfect place to camp for the night." sizhui smiled as he set down his items. "sizhui, the food is with you, so why don't you and jin ling stay here and prepare our food for tonight?"

"you got it."

"alright."

it almost seemed as if the two had already forgotten their fight earlier. "i'll check the perimeter and find some firewood for us to use." the two gave out their own sounds of acknowledgement to sizhui. satisfied, he left for the forest to find them some firewood.