1 #Setting the stage

Hello all

Finally we are kick starting this new tale.The updates might be short but quick.

Happy reading 💕

______

{ the part where we are setting the stage for our hero and heroine to meet }
----------

Swara Bose

Sanskaar glanced at the name on the appointment letter. “Is she even properly qualified,? '' he asked looking at his dad Durga Prasad Maheshwari, popularly known as DP in business circles.

It was no secret he was the force behind the formidable Maheswari empire. He was a classic example of rags to riches and had been ever inspiring for Sanskaar even as Kid.

Though withdrawn from taking an active part in deals, his dad still held the reins of the Maheshwari group. He attended board meetings duly, had a hawk eye on all proceedings of business, and had always been at the forefront to offer advice as and when needed.  Only his retirement was not made official yet as Sanskaar took over as MD.  It was only known to top-tier officials who are tight-lipped. 

“Timing matters,” His dad said. No interviews. No major appearances. He agreed. It's been 3 years since he joined Maheswari Inc . Though he was tagged as MD He worked his way from down, and learnt the knit and grit of their trade. He still has a long way to go but he never gave his dad a chance to complain.

Sanskaar always respected his dad’s decision but he wasn't particularly happy with not having a say in employing a person as his ‘executive assistant’. 

Executive Assistant is misunderstood as Personal Assistant/ Secretary, but there was a board difference. And handling his calendar, tasks, and schedules hasn't exactly been the easiest of tasks. It was ridiculous, Sanskaar thought, he didn't even meet the person he would be working with 24/7  and was just told and handed over a copy of the appointment letter.

Dp considered his son, Now the MD of the Maheshwari group, Sanskaar Maheswari in silence. Sanskaar's displeasure was evident, but he had his own ways to work things out. Where did Sanskaar think he gained the stubborn streak from?

 “She is overqualified, to be precise.” Dp replied in a sure tone “She is relatively new to the corporate world and I thought under your able guidance, she will do well.”

“Oh wow! What am I supposed to do? Babysitting ?”  Sanskaar shook his head. This is just getting more ridiculous. “And what is need to replace Nancy. She is brilliant and you know that, Dad”

“Oh Yes! I do”, Dp Nodded, “ But should I remind Nancy is my EA and had been generous enough to accept my request to assist you when you started off. She is 60 plus now and has clearly expressed her wish to retire. She wants quality family time with her grandkids, you know! I couldn't refuse her. She will leave along with me. From now on she will be handling only my schedules. 

 And you don't have to babysit. Nancy will be helping your new EA to take over. I am sure she will do a wonderful job as always. She is already on it. It's all taken care of, my dear boy.”  Dp gave an assuring smile.

“Great!” Sanskaar muttered. His dad has answers for everything. Well! This man always had been that way, He prepared for battles well before and knew all moves of opponents and had counter-strikes ready .

“ And, She is the daughter of my long-lost friend, Sekhar Bose, who is no more. So I would suggest you handle her with care.” It was a clear order which irked Sanskaar. 

“It's a charity case, then?”

“Mind your words, Sanskaar,” Dp was quick to approve the condensing tone of Sanskaar. He missed his son who was caring and compassionate. Standing before him was a cold and bitter version, and his heart ached at the loss. There was a reason, he turned into one.

Nevertheless, He wished Swara bose would be able to set him right. “She didn't ask for it. I offered it to her. In fact, insisted she take this up. I hope you will keep that in mind while dealing with her. I want no complaints,”  Dp made absolutely clear. 

“I always made decisions in your best interest. Hope you understand that! “  He added for benefit. Sanskaar studied his Dad in silence. If there was one thing he feared, it was letting his dad down. And if he wants him to work with a certain Swara Bose…

“Fine Dad! I will take care of her.” Sanskaar finished the conversation.

“Dad! Whoa! I love your convincing skills yaar,” Laksh Maheshwari who had been a silent witness to the conversation, picked his turn. “ With this level of skills ,I bet you would have had half a dozen gals around you in college. Kyun Maa?” He turned to Annapurna, "You might be knowing all his secret affairs na.” 

Dp smiled looking at his younger son and hoped he had some seriousness in life. He is getting away because he was in the last year of his MBA. He has a long road ahead.

Annapurna patted Laksh’s head, “Kuch bhi bolta rehta hain, Paagal,” she muttered fondly.Her two sons had stark contrast in nature. Sanskaar with all his serious nature acted as elder to the point of perfection, Laksh was the pampered spoilt one. But the love they shared was no less. 

“Maa! You have been pampering him a lot, “Sanskaar complained to Annapurna,“ Why don't you send him to the office? I will fix him up in two days,” Sanskaar offered, checking his calendar for the day. His younger brother was everything he was not and at times he envied the joyful, carefree nature of Laksh.  He somehow had lost a part of it in the relentless pursuit of goals. 

“No ! Thank you, Sir”. Laksh gave a mock salute. “I still have time to fall under your ruthless clutches. Baksh do mujhe bhai saab. Oh Btw! Dad was saying you will fall in love with your new EA while speaking to Maa.” Looking at his brother's murderous expression “Of course with her work Bro!" Laksh quickly corrected.

“Shut Up lucky! Maa,I am leaving for the office." Sanskaar gave a quick hug to Annapurna, and gave a gentle nod to his dad before stepping out of Maheshwari Mansion.

“Swara Bose! You better be good”  He murmured, getting into his car. 

Well! Let's meet.

____

Next update by Tuesday !
Stars and few words.
Would really love to know your thoughts.
__
Love
Lucky 💕