16 # Dream weaver

Hello all!

A Happy Dussehra to you all
Here is the update.

Happy reading 💕💕Ignore errors and typos please
____

{ The part where our leads get through night and reach morning light}

_____

Sanskaar couldn't sleep and tossed on the bed.  He had a quick dinner in his room and a word with his mother checking on Swara’s condition before retiring to her room. Of course only after he had a fresh dressing done on the cut. 

And then he turned restless with every passing minute .  The need to see her was eating him up and it was after a lot of to and fro, he ended up at Swara’s door.

He stood outside contemplating between knock and call. She could have slept already.  There wasn’t a sound from inside. What was he doing here? What was he thinking? Not intending to disturb Sanskaar took a step back but halted at the sound of the door.

And Swara Bose was right before him.

-----------------

He imagined approaching her for a moment. Crossing the few steps that remained between them, sliding a hand across her cheek, allowing his fingers to wave through her hair drawing her closer against him.

The image disarmed him for a moment by its vividness and the ache it accompanied. Sanskar could only begrudgingly acknowledge that he longed to embrace her properly. He couldn’t really make out if it was pain or anger he felt in her eyes which at this moment were locked with his. 

Sanskaar cleared his throat, “ Can I?“ He paused hesitantly.

It was definitely an inappropriate time by any standards, but the need to see, and talk to her … was more predominant. He was prepared for all possibilities. The doors shut on his face or being kicked out. He deserved that.

A minute passed.

Swara stepped back in silence and walked in,  leaving the door open.  That was enough cue for him. Was it a relief that washed over him? She was willing to talk to him or at least listen. Sanskaar stepped in and closed the door. 

Swara stood with her back to him, her arms crossed as if she was hugging herself as if she needed defense against him.

What did this man need now? Wasn’t it enough that he was constantly on her mind, taking over her thoughts and dreams? There wasn't a single moment, she didn't think of him or a moment when her heart did not long for him. Sanskaar Maheswari was becoming her ‘need’ and she didn't know how to stop.

“Just wanted to check … if you are alright,” Sanskaar said slowly. He wished he could get a longer glimpse of her which at this moment was obscured from his view.

Swara felt a tinge of sadness. “ I am fine, Mr.Maheswari “ She wished he wouldn’t notice her brittle tone, “Thank you so much for checking on me. I think you can rest your responsibility now.” And with that came a bout of anger, when she finally gathered the courage to face him. “In Fact,  I think you should be in your room celebrating your victory. You were right, as always. Of course, The great Sanskaar Maheswari can never be wrong. I am sorry, “ Swara wiped a  spilling tear stubbornly. “I only bring trouble to you. “  she turned around,  wiping tears flowing out.

Sanskaar stood stunned .He hasn't seen her cry ..not like this. Maybe once, but her words.  It has hurt written all over them glossed by anger. He expected a lash out, not her breakdown.  And it was because of him. His heart tugged. He didn't realise his simple act would cause her so much pain. His first instinct was to hold her close, clear misconceptions he had created, but …