14 # The Anchor

Hello people

Here is the next update.
Happy reading 💕

Ignore error and typos please.

And I would love to know your thoughts . Inline comments are so much fun. Do drop if you can.
____

{ The part where you will know
Sanskaar's pov}
_______

Some time back ...

Damn you, Swara!

Sanskaar murmured under his breath. Trust this woman to throw him into loops. He turned the ignition, his mind wandering around events as he called the day to close. It started on a good note, a rather beautiful one he would say. Then they had to fight, and argue.

Ok! He was wrong in deciding for her. Agreed. Swara Bose is capable of making her own decisions. Agreed.

Sanskaar turned on a jazz number as he reeled in a moment where time ceased to exist.

Every time he looked into those big, bright eyes, He felt utterly lost. The teasing nearness drove him crazy. He couldn't deny the effect Swara Bose had on him, close or far. And when she was in his hands, he lost all senses, but now his mind was busy tackling another issue.

Actions Matter had been his motto. He could simply say 1000 words and mean nothing. Why did he have to spell? Wasn't it clear, but no ! she had to ask the million-dollar question.

"Why do you care for me, Sanskaar?"

Her eyes were full of hope and a little sparkle. Like heck, he knows the answer! Why? He didn't have an answer, he didn't want one. And he would swear on god. It wasn't deliberate. The shutdown, but it gave him away.

Confessions and confrontations, especially in matters of heart, are not for him. He had his reasons. He wouldn't deny it has to do with his past experience. He might not have been in love but for a while he truly did believe he was in, trusted all those words, or rather futile promises when actions meant something else. The hurt had been real ...

What has changed in him, he couldn't pinpoint, but those words of love, affections, or endearments ...or such admissions, his heart, and mind locked them out in defense. They are like bad triggers.

True, Swara Bose had been successful in cracking his defense, but he is not there yet. Fully. He needed time and he had no clue how much of it. And that made this complicated.

But he had to give an answer. He had seen that spark dim down as he came up with an explanation that he knew was only half-baked truth. "Of Course I do." He didn't meet her eyes as he went on, "I promised dad, I would take care of you. I don't want to give him a chance to complain. I feel responsible for you."

And her eyes couldn't hide the disappointment. And for the next few minutes, an uncomfortable silence ruled. She pulled herself away, signed the papers without a word, and took her turn to pull shutters down.

And just like that, the day went from being 'sunny' to 'gloomy'.

Responsible! Sanskaar shook his head back in the car. Couldn't he find a better word? what is he? Her guardian. Her hostel warden? Yes, he did feel responsible but ... what they shared doesn't fall anywhere close to it.

And he messed it up, badly.

----

It was in the evening, he offered to drop, but was met with a clear refusal. And he knew his insistence would only worsen the situation. He stayed back and watched her pack and leave. Now driving back, the bug wouldn't rest. The need to ensure she's safe, back in her place.

Well! For his own peace and sanity, Sanskaar turned the car and took the de route. He can simply say, he was passing by and just dropped to say hi ... That should do. At Least he can sleep in peace. He needs to get her out of this place. She deserved a much better space ...safe and sound.

After a few minutes, Sanskaar found himself at the doorstep of Swara.

She wasn't home yet, the lock made it clear. Shouldn't she be reaching by now? Sanskaar made a quick mental calculation based on his trip last night. She should have been here before 30 minutes. Did she stop somewhere? Maybe at a friend's place. Sanskaar waited for a few more minutes though he felt like pacing up and down to ease tension. He didn't want to give an impression of a stranger lurking around.

Fine! A call wouldn't hurt. Sanskaar picked up his mobile and clicked on the name which read "Dragon Bose"

-------

A switched-off tone was enough to alarm Sanskaar.

This woman wouldn't let him stay in peace. She loved torturing him. She was upset, he got that. Alright! He took the road down ... hoping he would find her. His fear escalated with every passing minute. He kept trying her number, only to be welcomed with the same tone. Call it instinct or gut feeling he knew something was wrong.

Indeed it was when he found her stumbling, running ... being chased. Her crying, trembling form crashed into his arms.

And everything went berserk next.

------

He didn't register first. The voices of those strange faces. All he felt was her death grip around him, her muffled sobs, her tears soaking his shirt. His hands on their will squeezed her in close into a comforting hug.

He caught a few snide comments on Iska aashiq ... etc but all that mattered was one, Swara.

Sanskaar never realised he could feel such a multitude of emotions at once. He wanted to hold her, comfort and tend to her, but he wanted to kill people before him as well. The fear & anger coiled inside and when he caught sight of her stained cheek and a drop of blood smear everything boiled down to one ...

Rage.

-----

If Swara thought she was familiar with Sanskaar's fury, she had been so wrong. From the look in his eyes when he touched the blood stain from a corner of her mouth, something lethal crossed them. Instinctively, she felt like taking a step back.

In other circumstances, Swara would have definitely taken her time to admire Sanskaar thrashing bad guys and she wouldn't have minded at all to play a cheerleader. But that night, too shaken, She stood quietly at a corner as Sanskaar took on the mob.

He didn't get into action immediately but handed over his watch and mobile to her. "That's my fav watch," He added. He didn't need to add 'handle with care.

"Call the ambulance first. They would need it, " He said in a low tone, his eyes taking in all 4, rolling his sleeves."Then of course the police," He added.

Despite being mad, Swara wondered how composed Sanskaar was.In action,  He looked like some panther. Aggressive & fearless, moving with grace. All calculated, precise movements with punches landing at the right places. Like he was adding a method to the madness.

Yet, He wasn't some filmy hero to stay unscratched. He took his share of punches and beating. It wasn't a pleasant scene, not with blood. Swara let out a muffled scream, as a sharp blade slashed on Sanskaar's hand and bright red drops spilled on the floor.

Sanskaar was clearly not in the mood to stop. He might be the one against 4, but he definitely had a winning score by the end.

---------------

Next, everything happened rather quickly. The sound of sirens. The Police came in as an ambulance. Unfortunately, none of the 4 were in a position to make an escape rolling down in pain. Her wounds were tended so was Sanskaar. While she hissed in pain, Sanskaar sat in silence letting the nurse do her job. Her and Sanskaar's statement ...was recorded before they were let go. Sanskaar made a few quick calls while she sat in his car, his coat again to her rescue. Swara pulled it closer. She needed the warmth to drive away the coldness, her mind seemed to freeze into.

And She felt much better finding him next to her. And after some time, they were driving in silence.

------------

Next update : Weekend 🤔
__

Love
Lucky
__