13 # A Nightmare

Hello All

Here is the next part.
It's a small one because I couldn't manage to type much.

Happy Reading.
Ignore any errors or typos
___

{ The part to expect the unexpected}
___

That Evening , Swara walked in slow steps . She got down before two stops because she needed time to gather her wits, a walk to clear her mind clouded with Sanskaar Maheswari.

The morning scene etched in her mind, she recalled how she trembled in hands, curled into his lap…as he made love to her neck, tracing a path with gentle loving kisses …

She didn't have an answer for her incline towards Sanskaar. She acknowledged long before of the effect he had on her but the way her feelings swayed, the fatal attraction  …it was an alert in every way .

She liked him, but was there a further path to it? She didn’t know. Just caring would suffice or if she yearned for more…

One simple question was all she asked. Maybe she shouldn't have , not after the way he reacted . She felt him turn rigid. The invisible walls were up against his heart . It was clear in his eyes, the missing warmth and tenderness. It was a wrong one.

What was she thinking ?  What was she hoping to hear? That she was special. He liked her or felt something beyond like.

His answer wasn't anything she was expecting. One moment she was soaring high in the sky and the next she was tumbling down to fall.

Didn't his actions make it clear ? An inner voice chided. She believed they did , but was she wrong in wishing to hear those words. Words held a value for her. Conversations mattered to her, good or bad.

Was she simply building hopes only to shatter. Either way all she knew was she didn’t want her heart broken … 

------------

After their little session , they resumed work . She silently signed the papers and walked back to her desk. And they got back to usual like nothing happened.  It felt like getting caught between a game of passion and indifference. And she didn't want to be at the losing end.

He offered to drop since it was quite late but she refused . She needed to be away from him… at least for a while. She needed her space. And he didn't insist either . Maybe he needed a break from her as well.

Why was she disappointed ? Did she expect him not to listen to her ? The push and pull was maddening . Swara pulled her hair into a pony … and kept walking.

-----

The sound of footsteps, some hoarse voices somewhere behind altered her. She looked around at deserted streets and increased her pace . She felt being watched and it wasn't good. Maybe Sanskaar was right !  Maybe she should have asked him to drop. The voices become clear.  

Swara reached out to her phone, feeling tense. And it was snatched away from her. It was then she found herself rounded and  under the lustful eyes of four people , half drunk.

“Give me back my phone !” Swara screamed , looking around for some help, but found none.  They were in the mood for play as they passed it around. A hand caught her wrist, and she replied back with a slap which didn't sit well. Her hair caught in a painful grip .. Swara felt the first taste of fear . A slap on cheek left the marks and the drop of blood smeared at a corner. Swara hissed in pain.

Her fingers curled tight around the little bottle of pepper spray she slowly managed to get hold of …from the hand bag while looking for the phone. 

---

Swara took to her heels ..,after she managed to snatch few minutes . Thanks to the pepper spray and the chaos it stirred but she knew , she was outnumbered and they were behind her. 

It was a state of panic. She didn't have her phone , reaching her place seemed a long way to go . There wasn't a transport or single soul within eyesight .

The footsteps were becoming clear again …tears welled up her eyes. She would fight if needed , till last breath if this is how it is gonna end. She would.

Swara ran and ran with all her might. Her vision blurry , she stumbled mindlessly into the hands before her .And even before her mind could make up , her heart knew .. 

It was Sanskaar.

____

Next update : Wednesday.
Do drop your thoughts .
___

Love
Lucky