33 # Foreboding

Hello All

Here is the next update
Happy reading 💕
____

{ The part where our leads have some good time ...but }
____

It was one night he walked her down to this place and now again,  but with a change of equation.

That party night somewhere laid a foundation, a step towards acknowledging his desire for Swara, and today they are ‘ together’.

Then there was night when he waited, panicking right here when she didn't respond. And he knew somewhere that prompted him to push her to leave this place.

He stood watching as Swara struggled with the lock. He wouldn't have minded intervening and lending a hand, but he knew Swara well. They both are similar in a few ways. They liked to be in charge and he had already taken a few liberties for the day. 

Swara stepped in and felt a wave of nostalgia. This had been her home, her safe space for a while before events took a turn. While she was excited about her new adobe, this would be missed. She turned around and found a hesitant Sanskaar at the entrance, his hands stuffed in his pocket as if he was waiting for some permission. What should she make out of this man? Swara smiled. He was like a mystery …

Sanskar had his reasons. There was only once he had been to the women's room, he believed he was in love with to surprise her …and the result had been disastrous. Here, he wasn't sure if it would invade privacy. When Swara walked back to him, he looked up

 “You sure?” His eyes questioned. And in return, Swara held his hand and they both stepped in together.

“Were you scared I was going to lock you up, Mr.Maheswari? “ Swara teased

“I wouldn't mind ..” Sanskaar replied, his eyes going around. A modest dwelling. It didn't look like a place where someone stepped in after 3 weeks. It looked proper and prick. Well! Swara bose would like to walk back to an organized setup at the end of the day, not in shambles. After a quick scan, his eyes fell on cracks in the wall, fading colors, the sound of a creaking tap, a sink that looked like it needed to be fixed …and 

“I wish I could offer you something, like coffee but .. “ Swara shrugged, breaking his thoughts. “Make yourself home. I will just do a quick clean up of the kitchen.”

“Let me know if you need some help, “Sanskaar offered. Thank God! He was getting her out of this place, but beyond the exterior, there was something about this place that screamed ‘Swara’ . He smiled as he walked around. The sight of wind chimes, dream catchers, Fairy Lights…rows of books, and a few outdoor plants arranged neatly at the window… and then he came across the wall with a string of photographs hanging down.

Memories

His eyes lingered for a while on a family photograph of Swara with her parents.So,  Sharmistha and Sekhar Bose. These are the ones his family was indebted to. He wished he had an opportunity to meet them.

His smile widened looking at Swara. The twinkle in her eyes even as a kid was hard to miss as in other photographs of her growing years, family,  friends, and college. All moments and people she held close.

At once, his feet halted as his eyes fell on the next photograph. It was from one of the office events of ‘them’, standing next to each other and exchanging a smile.

She made him a part of her world … Sanskaar couldn't name the emotion that swept through him. He looked back at Swara who was happily humming and busy sorting things.

She doesn't have an idea on how with every passing day , she is seeping into his life gradually that he couldn't help but break the shackles around his heart even if little by little