23 #Simmering Storms

Hello

The next update !
Happy Reading .

Please ignore errors and typos .
Click that little star and drop your thoughts .✨
__

{ Beneath the silence are the simmering passions : the part where our leads finally break their silence }
____

The office was close to deserted other than security. It was all silence  : in the lift , as they walked to his cabin and  everywhere,  as if hinting at an impending storm .The sound of their matched food steps  combined with her thudding heartbeat was the only sound Swara could hear. 

Sanskaar dismissed the rest of the staff here and there,  the floor entirely left to them. The glass door to his cabin ...opened smoothly . 

“Get in, Swara ” It bordered somewhere between order and request. Swara stepped in and felt the gust of warmth  wrapping her in . The comfort it offered contrary to chilled weather outside was hard to miss as the sound of the cabin's lock. 

A minute passed. Then two 

Swara knew Sanskaar was behind her. His mere breath made her heart race .She geared herself up and turned back to face him.

“What is this little game of yours , Swara?”Sanskaar was straight as always and didn't believe in beating around the bush. “Now don't tell me, you don't know what I am talking about.” His mouth curved up slightly. “You staged this entire thing for me, didnt you?”  

Swara stood unflinched as he stepped forward, "I know you wouldn't give details to my mother just like that," Sanskaar lowered his head. “You wanted me to chase you, come looking for you, Right?” 

And he did exactly the same. Left everything and ran behind her .He would chase till the end of the world … if that is where he would find her .

He wanted her to say ‘yes.’  Say, that options she talked about were a bluff.There wasn't going to be anyone else for them. It's him and her. Rest can go to hell.. If not he will make sure they do… 

Swara drew in a breath before her eyes met his. There is no backing out now. She came too far , too deep into this .

“Yes” 

And she liked seeing the little surprise on his face. It was a relief . He didn't expect her to admit it, but sad , she wasn’t a coward to run away from her feelings.

“You didn't have to,” His tone softened as his hand held hers. “ It could have been only us, Swara."

Just them,  tonight.

-----------

Oh ! How she wished she could believe him … but didn't she have enough already of being torn between hope and despair .

“Excuse me, Us?”  Swara almost felt like laughing . She stepped back , her hand slipping out of his.  “What are you referring to Mr.Maheshwari or whom ? There is no ‘us’ yet. Because the ‘us’ requires two people but I see only me … clear of what I want. You are nowhere. So please.” 

The warmth was lost , the minute her fingers left his. He felt hollow, empty and cold. “What are you talking about? You know .. I..”  

“No I don’t, Please enlighten me,” Swara placed more distance between them . If he thinks he can sweet talk and she is going to fall for it . Not a chance. 

She knew, didn't she ? He told her she was important to him.Precious and he … 

“I have had enough of your hot and cold treatment, Mr. Maheswari.I can't take it any more, “ Her sharp voice sliced through his thoughts. “ But you know what? You didn't have to turn up and ruin my date today. You could have chosen to stay back in this warm , cozy cabin of yours. And let me stay in peace. But no ! you had to prove a point , Right ? That I am smitten by you … Dying for you. Is this what you want?” Her words paused …

She had enough of this hide and seek. “Fine , Since we are here , let me admit it out loud. Yes, I like you Sanskaar Maheshwari …"

_____

The minute he lost his breath was the same minute he regained. He had known it but hearing her say it out loud , was the beginning of his doom.

For Swara, Once admitted there was no stopping.  All the feelings hidden in those depths, those words she could have chosen an appropriate time to say... but everything flowed out like a torrent . And she didn't want to stop. 

“I like you so much that I can't stop thinking about you. I have this huge stupid crush or .. whatever you want to name it, Please do. But I want you. Maybe ,If you have dismissed my interest or showed no inclination, I might have moved on . But, you had to send these mixed signals.

One Moment, you are so caring . You look at me like you want to eat me up, like you feel something for me and the next,  you turn cold and distant like I don't exist .

Do you know how it feels? How much does it hurt?  Your advances doesnt let me stay in peace . I can't keep hanging like this…Yes! I staged it for you because I wanted to know .. why are you torturing me this way?” 

“Really Swara ? A twinge of anger laced his voice.   "And do you have any clue of what torture I go through everyday only because of you ?”  

“ Wow! And how exactly is that, Mr Maheshwari ? Because you never speak up! "Swara snapped back . 

Silence ruled for a minute . Then More silence . 

Swara wanted to scream , throw something at him , but she did something better . She took a step closer, then another. Her mind felt like a jumbled mass of emotions. Yet , Her chin tilted up, She looked straight into his eyes. For once .. she needed all answers.

 “I am asking you straight and up front.  Sanskaar Maheshwari .Do you like me?  Do you want me? And I want an answer.” 

All of his breath seemed to pause …that one moment. Yes! His mind, body and soul screamed alike, but there was this caged beast lurking beneath , waiting to be free. She invoked something dark in him …his deepest, darkest desires. 

Swara waited for a minute , and then two. And turned away . She could see an ocean of emotions in his eyes , but none was what she wished to hear. 

Was it her heart that she felt breaking? If Yes , she is gonna nurse it later. 

“Guess , I had my answer. Thank you for bearing with me all these days, Mr.Maheswari,.  I will set us both free.  You will get my resignation tomorrow.” 

“What do you mean?” Sanskaar asked terror seizing him. 

“Because it seems , I am the one with the problem Mr.Maheshwari . Don’t worry. I will fix myself.” Swara picked her bag. She didn't want to face him. She tried enough ..not any more. A tear threatened to spill out and she held  it back stubbornly . If you could please drop me back .. I will be waiting outside. “

One step, Sanskaar grabbed her back, right into his arms ... his eyes desperately seeking hers. She didn't mean it . She couldn't. "You are not going anywhere, Swara.” His grip tightened around, "I am not letting you go.”  He declared.

How dare she think , she could leave him. Stir all those hidden feelings , turn him crazy and disappear. He didn't even want to think of a moment without her ..and she was talking of vanishing in some thin air, out of his reach . Anger and panic rose within equal proportions within him.

Swara looked at him, her eyes throwing a dare : Try and stop me.

“And who are you, Sanskaar Maheswari? What are you to me ?” Swara didn't miss his jaw ticking at that statement , his eyes turning a storm of fire .She stood unfazed 
“ And let me clear it one final time.You don’t own me. ”

That was the last straw . That was the final blow he could take.

Oh yes ! I do …” 

And that was the only warning Swara had before his lips claimed hers, hot and possessive and then everything else exploded.

------------
Thanks for reading ❣️
Next update :????